what happened at CCSD
coon hunter

Morristown, TN

#44 Jan 29, 2012
LOL wrote:
Sorry Im not for the Beaner, anyone but the beaner for sheriff.
the beaner has been the best sheriff we have ever had. way better than any of the pot-bellied pigs we have had before. maurice was implicated in the ray hawk bust, for calling ray and warning him of the TBI raid. maurice is probably keeping rays wife company while ray is in prison. nice guy. if you want another useless sheriff like the last half a dozen we've had, then by all means, vote against armondo. he has done a great job, whatever his race or color, and deserves respect and re-election.
solution

United States

#45 Jan 29, 2012
car 54 wrote:
<quoted text>well if u do that the sheriff would be able to run the jail and knothing else then mo mo would be the boss over the county deputys and police officers leave it alone armando is doing a fine job look at the law before u post
Take out the chief with the rest of the trash and solve the problem. Go Armando.
just sayin

United States

#46 Jan 29, 2012
Some of you posting need to tell John Carroll to move over so you can get on Armando's tip with him
pho cough

United States

#47 Jan 29, 2012
donchathnk wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom's home was more than likely broken into because she has a steady stream of pill buyers coming through it! Too late for change of face :)
My mom is 76 years old and a never had so much as a speeding ticket. She has been a tax paying citizen sice she was 15 and wouldn't know what a pain pill was if it was prescribed to her, which I doubt it ever would be because she never goes to the doctor except to get her Boniva. This NONversation is over because you don't know what your talking about. Just because your mammy sells her ars and pills doesn't mean everybody else's does.
Im hungry

Morristown, TN

#48 Jan 29, 2012
pho cough idiots wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong the court house is operated on tax payers dollars making it a public place, a bank is a privately run business it is not a "public" place. There is huge difference do your research.
Yeah, and we need the snack machines put back in the court house.
u r blind

Nashville, TN

#49 Jan 29, 2012
Im hungry wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, and we need the snack machines put back in the court house.
what the snack machines that are in the lobby now dumb ass
the real car 54

Nashville, TN

#50 Jan 29, 2012
talk about a photo hound last week the head line about the couple from white pine get busted selling one pill way to go one pill at a time lmao at lest armando doesnt put it in the paper unless its a big bust
Just heard

Mount Juliet, TN

#51 Jan 29, 2012
I heard
just dont understand

Monterey, TN

#52 Jan 29, 2012
First of all, let me say this. I have no affiliation with any of the law enforcement around here. Only saw this because my husband said "you have got to see this". It would seem to me from reading the posts here that car 54 has some inside information, like maybe really close inside information. I thought all police offiers were supposed to be a family and stick together,not get on a website and talk about each other. Its things like this that cause our county to look so backward and foolish. When we trash our own people and our own co-workers,especially in the media, how is anyone ever supposed to want to come here. How are we supposed to grow as a county with all this mess happening. No wonder the county is in such pitiful shape. Grow up people and learn to co-exist with each other, even if you don't like what someone else is doing keep it to yourself!
Lawresearcher

Strawberry Plains, TN

#53 Jan 29, 2012
TCA 38-5-117. Effect of coroner's warrant.

The warrant of a coroner in the cases covered by this chapter shall be of equal authority with that of a court of general sessions, and, when the person charged is brought before the court, the person shall be dealt with as a person held under complaint in the usual form. EVEN the sheriff and chief of police have to get a warrant signed by the judge who has the REAL POWER ?
TCA 8-9-106. Process directed to coroner.
In any legal proceeding, when it appears from the papers that the sheriff is a party, or, from affidavit filed, that the sheriff is interested, the process may be directed to the coroner.

TCA 8-9-105. Deputies.

(a) Coroners have the power to appoint one (1) or more deputies, and to require them to give bond, with security, to save their respective principals harmless, and for the faithful discharge of their duties.

(b) In those counties which have the office of county coroner, the office of deputy coroner or deputy coroners may be created by private act, and such deputy coroner or deputy coroners shall be authorized to perform all duties which can now be performed by the coroner.
hehaw

Hendersonville, TN

#54 Jan 29, 2012
pho cough wrote:
<quoted text>My mom is 76 years old and a never had so much as a speeding ticket. She has been a tax paying citizen sice she was 15 and wouldn't know what a pain pill was if it was prescribed to her, which I doubt it ever would be because she never goes to the doctor except to get her Boniva. This NONversation is over because you don't know what your talking about. Just because your mammy sells her ars and pills doesn't mean everybody else's does.
LOL what a crock of sh!t!
Lawresearcher

Strawberry Plains, TN

#55 Jan 29, 2012
TCA 8-10-113. Acting for sheriff and coroner.

A constable may execute process from any court whenever there is at the time neither sheriff nor coroner, or whenever both the sheriff and the coroner are INCOMPETENT, or one (1) of those offices is vacant and the person holding the other office is incompetent in the particular case.
Lawresearcher

Strawberry Plains, TN

#56 Jan 29, 2012
5-7-108. Courthouse -- Sheriff's power and duties.

(a)(1) The sheriff has charge of the courthouse, unless some other person is specially appointed by the county legislative body for that purpose, and shall prevent trespasses, exclude intruders, and keep it and the grounds attached thereto in order, reporting from time to time the repairs required, and the expense, to the county legislative body.

(b) It is further the duty of the sheriff to see that the state (Tennessee) and national flags (American) as provided for in 5-7-109 are properly displayed in each courtroom while such county legislative body is in session.
Lawresearcher

Strawberry Plains, TN

#57 Jan 29, 2012
5-7-109. Flags.

(a) Any county mayor of any county whose courthouse is equipped with a flag pole shall have the right to request and be furnished with a flag of the state of Tennessee, which flag shall be displayed by the county authority upon proper occasions.

(b) Any county mayor desiring such state flag shall certify in such county mayor's official capacity that:

(1) The courthouse of the county of which that person is county mayor is duly equipped with a flag pole suitable for displaying such state flag; and

(2) If such state flag is furnished such county, the county authorities agree and obligate themselves to display the same upon all national and state holidays and other days set apart by law for patriotic purposes.

(c) Such request shall be forwarded to the adjutant general of the state, who shall thereupon furnish the county with such state flag, to be approximately six feet (6') in length and four feet (4') in width, and from the funds appropriated for the adjutant general's department, the adjutant general is authorized to procure as many state flags as may be necessary; provided, that not more than one (1) such state flag shall be furnished to any county; provided further, that no county shall be entitled to receive a second flag where the one originally furnished it has been destroyed by the elements or other casualties.

(d) It is the duty of the county mayor of each and every county obtaining a state flag under the provisions of this section to see that the same is displayed upon all legal holidays, either state or national, and upon all other days set apart for patriotic observance.

(e) Every county shall provide a flag of the United States and a flag of the state of Tennessee to be displayed in the courtroom of every court of record of the county while such court is in session.
Observer

Strawberry Plains, TN

#58 Jan 29, 2012
car 54 wrote:
yea way to go Armondo. About time someone put that fat slob in his place. Mo Mo is a do nothing glory hound that just wants his pic in the paper. This is the best sheriffs department iv seen in my 40 years. now hes scared because "there is a new sheriff in town" lmao
It is obvious that you are blinded by your personal feelings toward Mo Mo. I think that if you would look without your blinders of hatred on, you would see that Mo Mo has lost weight and I am willing to bet a 6'4 in man that weighs 300 pounds is nowhere near as fat as a 5'6 man that weighs 300 pounds.
sofa king true

United States

#60 Jan 29, 2012
hehaw wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL what a crock of sh!t!
Why because you were wrong? And got told?
hehaw

Hendersonville, TN

#61 Jan 29, 2012
sofa king true wrote:
<quoted text>Why because you were wrong? And got told?
Because you think people don't know who you are posting bullshit on here.
info

United States

#62 Jan 29, 2012
hehaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you think people don't know who you are posting bullshit on here.
Tell us who I am.. Tell EVERYBODY my mom sells pills, please you already said it in an earlier post. PLEASE,get this woman off the street.
JustWait

United States

#63 Jan 29, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the report from the desk of the sheriff correct? Do the math !!
If Andy Tritt served 10,253 court documents in 2011. He would have to serve at least 28 processes every day of the year.(N0 Days Off)
If he served papers 5 days a week,(52 weeks a year-260 days) he would have to serve over 39 papers a day. If he worked 8 hours a day that would be approximately 5 papers every hour.(No Days off through the week all year)I think that Andy is a great process server and works hard to get the papers served, however I think that the 10,253 number is incredible,(so extraordinary as to seem impossible) not phenomenal. Maybe the sheriff (Derrick) got the number wrong.Or like everything else the numbers were exaggerated.
Don't know about Mr.Tritt but i think you have caught on to the sheriff's "numbers" also. When some of these people finally take the blinders off and see thru the great sheriff's smoke screen they will see a lot of his "numbers" have been GREATLY exaggerated. Trust me,Mr.Fontes is not what a lot of people think he is. Don't take everything his press secretary Nelson Morais prints in that rag of a newspaper as the truth either. Just open your eyes people, it will all come out in the end.
jack

United States

#64 Jan 29, 2012
the real car 54 wrote:
talk about a photo hound last week the head line about the couple from white pine get busted selling one pill way to go one pill at a time lmao at lest armando doesnt put it in the paper unless its a big bust
which one of armandos kids are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
oliva moore (Feb '11) 2 hr Up up 12
sammantha hartsell (Feb '13) 3 hr DHWOMEN 28
It takes two to tango 3 hr Friend of a friend 18
Burger King sign holder 4 hr Tiffany Gentry 21
shutuphomie got safelink minutes. again troll 4 hr youchangedyourname 23
Brittany Hill (Aug '13) 4 hr Jake Price 14
Takes two to tangle is about Sonoco 5 hr There 1

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance