what happened at CCSD
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
WhatsUp

San Jose, CA

#1 Jan 27, 2012
what's going on at the courthouse? i was driving by and there was alot of commotion on the sheriff dept. side. does anyone know what happened?
sad

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2012
Prolly none of your business. Nosey sob
Yep

Seymour, TN

#3 Jan 27, 2012
I know but am not putting it on topix. Like sad said it's none of your business. You probably know more than your saying anyway. Your just trying to get some gossip started and want to appear innocent.
neighbor

Morristown, TN

#4 Jan 27, 2012
i here amondo put murice in his place that is why his arm is in a sling
car 54

Nashville, TN

#5 Jan 27, 2012
yea way to go Armondo. About time someone put that fat slob in his place. Mo Mo is a do nothing glory hound that just wants his pic in the paper. This is the best sheriffs department iv seen in my 40 years. now hes scared because "there is a new sheriff in town" lmao
Curious

Morristown, TN

#6 Jan 27, 2012
Of course it's our business. Our taxes pay their salaries. They answer to the people.
NewspaperReader

Morristown, TN

#7 Jan 27, 2012
Published: 11:38 PM, 01/27/2012 Last updated: 11:38 PM, 01/27/2012

Author: Nelson Morais
Source: The Newport Plain Talk

NEWPORT-Cocke County Sheriff Armando Fontes slammed a door in the county jail while Newport Police Chief Maurice Shults just outside the door after midnight on Thursday, Jan. 26., about the time that two escaped felon fugitives and two accomplices were brought into the jail and questioned.

NPD Chief Shults claimed that when Sheriff Fontes slammed a heavy, metallic control room door on him, it hit Shults and injured his shoulder.

However, Sheriff Fontes said video that he reviewed later showed the police chief stepped back before the door shut, and that it did not hit Shults.

Rumors in the community after the incident proved false that alleged the two men got into a physical fight and each obtained a warrant for arrest of the other official - rumors that were patently untrue, the chief of police and county sheriff said.
oh no lol

Memphis, TN

#8 Jan 27, 2012
it is every bit of our business it is the COUNTY courthouse not a private business
oh well

United States

#9 Jan 28, 2012
The Sheriff is just mad because Shults was there and he wasn't. Sheriff Fontes was home getting his beauty rest!! the Lord knows he needs it. Now he will Cry for months over.GO MAURICE! GO MAURICE!
coon hunter

Morristown, TN

#10 Jan 28, 2012
oh well wrote:
The Sheriff is just mad because Shults was there and he wasn't. Sheriff Fontes was home getting his beauty rest!! the Lord knows he needs it. Now he will Cry for months over.GO MAURICE! GO MAURICE!
yes. certainly. go maurice go. go home and stay. he don't have a chance to beat armondo. just keep picking up your under-the-table money for crooked deals. ray hawk money. go maurice go...eat some fried chicken fat-a$$.
car 54

Newport, TN

#11 Jan 28, 2012
oh well wrote:
shults was tipped of my his tbi buddys that the bust was gona take place. he was out of his juistdiction and way out of line. when he gets to the jail he starts barking orders and wants a poto op. for his campain and Armando wasnt having it he was told to leave and he wouldnt. Armando is the high sheriff its his jail and if he tells you to go you go no matter who you think you are. It kills mo mo that Armando is has more athority than him he got to do what ever he wanted when claude was there and thought if alton was elected he could get him indited by the feds and he could walk in as sheriff well the jokes on him we have the best sheriff we have ever had. Shults has mad statments to his road officers that he should just woop that little mexicans ass well he had his chance and pussed out reminds me of a night long ago at the fair grounds he run his mouth to the wrong one and ran to the feds those big balls turnd to ovaries lmao
oh well

Simon, WV

#12 Jan 28, 2012
all of you just keep on crying
oh well

Simon, WV

#14 Jan 28, 2012
coon hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes. certainly. go maurice go. go home and stay. he don't have a chance to beat armondo. just keep picking up your under-the-table money for crooked deals. ray hawk money. go maurice go...eat some fried chicken fat-a$$.
your ass is bigger than his so don't call him a fat ass,you have made more crooked money from anybody in the county so don't put him down.
coon hunter

Simon, WV

#15 Jan 28, 2012
Well if the T B I called Maurice that meant they wonted his help, because they knew he would get them. They know who the best man for the job is.
car 54

Simon, WV

#16 Jan 28, 2012
You are right coon hunter if the tbi called him i guess he is the man for the job.
car 54

Newport, TN

#17 Jan 28, 2012
what a morron coon hunter and i didnt post the last post you can tell by the location maurice is a two face backstabbing face ass preacher wanta be iv been around him i know what he is and to walk in a church and preach just to look good for an election God will deal with him when its his turn to judged i would want to be in the front row just incase lighting struck
Concerned citizen

United States

#18 Jan 28, 2012
oh well wrote:
from what I here it was a county deal and he tried to boss everyone around and is out of his jurisdiction. He just about caused another 1994 when the sheriffs department lost a deputy to gun fire over two fugitives. Get your facts straight. Armando has to have his rest for all these drug bust that he doing to better our community. And I heard there is plenty of witness that can Back up Armando.
car 54

Simon, WV

#19 Jan 28, 2012
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text> from what I here it was a county deal and he tried to boss everyone around and is out of his jurisdiction. He just about caused another 1994 when the sheriffs department lost a deputy to gun fire over two fugitives. Get your facts straight. Armando has to have his rest for all these drug bust that he doing to better our community. And I heard there is plenty of witness that can Back up Armando.
Get your facts straight Maurice is aloud 1 mile out of the city. He knows how to get the job done without gunfire.
pho cough idiots

United States

#20 Jan 28, 2012
There is heirarchy and TBI being above both departments gets to choose who they want involved. They choose Maurice, why get mad about it. When either one of them take out major PILL dealers then we will talk who is worthy of photo ops. Not a single thing has changed in this town since EITHER has taken office. Our homes are still getting broken into, anything of value is stolen and hauled in for scrap, and children are put on the back burner of their parents list for PILLS Nothing has changed!! So when or if they start clearing our streets of pills they fight over their photo op. Furthermore, one meth bust and pot bust pictures aren't impressing anyone. MY MOM'S house didn't get broke into so someone could buy POT!!!!
fed up with NPD and CCSD

Seymour, TN

#21 Jan 28, 2012
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text> from what I here it was a county deal and he tried to boss everyone around and is out of his jurisdiction. He just about caused another 1994 when the sheriffs department lost a deputy to gun fire over two fugitives. Get your facts straight. Armando has to have his rest for all these drug bust that he doing to better our community. And I heard there is plenty of witness that can Back up Armando.
Richard Caldwell, who is still linked to CCSD, left his partner Scott Miller to die. Scott gets killed and Caldwell gets his finger hurt. If Armondo is doing all these drug busts then why hasn't he put a stop to Annette at the Grapevine who use to run the old Thunderbird. Maybe she struck a deal with outstanding Armondo. Please don't be mistaken I think the NPD and CCSD are corrupted and both Shults and Fontes are media whores!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Megan Hembree 7 min Concerned Citizen 10
Justice center 34 min Enough 3
Deadbeat mothers Pt 2 (Aug '15) 34 min Kimmycakes15 34
Thomas Lynn Martin.....A.K.A. .....Dax Handyman 45 min g ride 2
Thank u first Baptist 55 min Thankful 1
Nurse at BHCC (May '10) 1 hr slobber knocker 26
new to area. 2 hr whothehellcares- 36

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance