Liberal Media Bias Worse Than Ever

Posted in the Newport Forum

well

United States

#1 Jan 31, 2013
"60 Minutes" interview and Newtown video editing slammed
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/4393-libera...

Liberal media bias has reached a new low. That's the verdict rendered by Peter Wehner, writing in Commentary.

Wehner, a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center and former senior policy adviser to President George W. Bush, zeroes in on the recent "60 Minutes" interview with President Barack Obama and outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The interview by correspondent Steve Kroft represents "the unprecedented swooning and cheerleading by the press for Barack Obama," Wehner writes.

Some of this can be laid at the feet of old-fashioned liberal media bias, in which Democratic politicians are given a pass for issues conservatives are excoriated for. But it goes deeper than that. President Obama "is liberal, Ivy League, and a person of color. That is simply too powerful of a combination for the elite media to resist.(If Obama were conservative, Ivy League, and a person of color, he would be a marked man, as Clarence Thomas has been.)"

"Mr. Obama touches the media's erogenous zone in ways that no other president, even JFK, ever has," Wehner adds. "One gets to sense that journalists not only like Mr. Obama; they are in awe of him. They want to impress him and please him and are afraid of being rebuked by him."

Media coverage is also being called slanted in the halls of Congress. Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) is none too happy news outlets for reporting that gun rights advocates "heckled" the father of a six-year-old who was killed at last month's elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Stockman (@SteveStockmanUS), who is back in the House after serving a single term 1995-97, tweeted, "MSNBC caught lying again. Bogus claims of pro-gun Newtown heckler." Then, "This is at least the fourth time in seven months MSNBC has been caught doctoring tapes for political reasons."
LIBERALMEDIA

United States

#2 Feb 2, 2013
It will only get worse in the second term of no one can deny me now attitude. Watch and wait what is coming.
No Respect news media

United States

#3 Feb 14, 2013
I could not help but get mad and disgusted watching NBC repeatly showing Florida Sen. Marco Rubio sipping a drink of water before giving a speech, over and over they kept showing it and repeatedly made fun of him. I could care less about the senator but the liberal media is out of control and turning Americans off to once democrat voters.
I read every comment thus far....let me just say that I, also being a Vietnam[combat]veteran appreciate our veteran's and our troops serving in harms way! I hope that when they come home, they won't find their country like this! When I came home, I didn't recognize the place! 99% of all news media and politicians are liars! If you think that's to harsh then accept that they all embellish the truth to suit their purpose! Im not a party anymore, I am ME!.. enough is enough.
I saw it they sux

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2013
The liberal brains that focus on a sip of water is similar to the brains that watch the Kardashians, Jerry Springer, The Hoarders, Paris Hilton, The Bachelor, The Wives of Mobsters, etc. etc
This comes from the same media that wants you to focus on celebrities and athletes, while paying no attention to our debt., lousy economy, digitizing of money, or the fact that every other country is buying record amounts of gold.
Unbelievable

United States

#5 Feb 14, 2013
So let me get this straight...Obama can chew his cud all day long during his inauguration day......Michelle can shovel in food like a trucker while her elbows are on the dinner table. Michelle is the only SHOVEL READY anything in Obama's camp!...BUT Mr. Rubio takes a drink of water and it's headline news? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! and we wonder why our nations youth are so screwed up.
and B.O daughter can yawn with the mouth wide open without covering, she place the elbows on table while eating and chew gum.
I just hope that Rubio can make money out of that for his campaign, and the soda company he was unintentionaly advertizing used it for publicity and Rubio can profit from that... screw the libby media and boycott every ad you see on lib tv.
sick of it

United States

#6 Feb 14, 2013
I'm pretty sick of hearing about this.
During his entire speech, the libby pinks analyzing him spent the entire time ragging about his frickin water bottle and making obscene fun in theor sick eyes...
The country is going down the tubes and all they can discuss are molecules of hydrogen and oxygen and no comment on his speech. The country is already go to hades..
I agree with boycotting all tv ads. Let them go broke and get on the freebee welfare plan they so endorse.
why the hate liberals

United States

#7 Feb 14, 2013
The democrat liberal left has so much hate for Americans who disagree with them on policy that they make mountains out of inocuous non-issues just to score points. Just shows that they hate Republicans more than Al Qeada, In the meantime they ignore how Obama has increased the national debt more in a single term than GW did in two, and how he has increased poverty and the cost of living in nearly all aspects of life. He runs over religious freedom and even set himself up to become judge, jury and executioner on Americans in foreign lands, including 16 year old children, and is the first President to take a stand FOR infanticide. Meanwhile, the Far Left complains because a Senator drinks a glass of water on TV. Oh, the horror.
Really

United States

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Really!
HorsePucky

United States

#9 Feb 15, 2013
You will never heard the Lame Steam Media say this in response to obama....

http://cfp.canadafreepress.com/dag021413.jpg
Croft

Memphis, TN

#10 Feb 19, 2013
why the hate liberals wrote:
The democrat liberal left has so much hate for Americans who disagree with them on policy that they make mountains out of inocuous non-issues just to score points. Just shows that they hate Republicans more than Al Qeada, In the meantime they ignore how Obama has increased the national debt more in a single term than GW did in two, and how he has increased poverty and the cost of living in nearly all aspects of life. He runs over religious freedom and even set himself up to become judge, jury and executioner on Americans in foreign lands, including 16 year old children, and is the first President to take a stand FOR infanticide. Meanwhile, the Far Left complains because a Senator drinks a glass of water on TV. Oh, the horror.
lol the Dems are full of hate? Go look at your Republican party and then come back Horsesucker.
Just asking

United States

#11 Feb 19, 2013
Croft wrote:
<quoted text> lol the Dems are full of hate? Go look at your Republican party and then come back Horsesucker.
Why are you a hateful negative person?
Please stop posting ugly words or you will be reported to the moderators. STOP THE HATE!
HorsePucky

United States

#12 Feb 19, 2013
Croft wrote:
<quoted text> lol the Dems are full of hate? Go look at your Republican party and then come back Horsesucker.
I am not the poster!
Glad you are thinking of me though!
Girl next door

United States

#13 Feb 22, 2013
I believe now obama and the democrats are trying to destroy the country with spend spend spend is all they want and tax tax tax people who own a business. No jobs just welfare and food stamps is all he knows how to do. I wish we had never voted him in the first time, it is just terrible now and it will only get worse.
blah blah blah

Morristown, TN

#14 Feb 22, 2013
You Newport people are the most disgusting vile trash on the face of the planet. Why don't you losers get off the internet, close your damn legs for once in your sorry pathetic lives and stop reproducing these inbred idiot kids of yours. Stop complaining about other people getting welfare payments when you damn people know damn well every single one of you and those bastard inbreds you reproduce collect a check, too!!! I'm tired of paying for all of you white trash losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) 21 min Just now 86
Pedophiles in Newport! 48 min truth too 13
Brittney reese 1 hr Justtellme 1
Cassie wynn 1 hr Thasfunnyshiiiiii 6
Whitney shults 2 hr Duhhh 2
CJ Ball, running for sheriff 2 hr Jason 3
Fontes running scared....... 2 hr Tucker 13

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages