Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Newport Forum

Comments (Page 2,884)

Showing posts 57,661 - 57,680 of123,924
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
Huh. Pistol packin’ Diane Feinstein is fixin to limit your rights to have a gun.
Meanwhile, in THE DALLES, OR a 5-year-old boy is safe, but his parents suffered a fractured skull and a broken cheekbone in an attack and kidnapping at a home in The Dalles on Wednesday, police said.
State police said Brian Depriest went into the child's home on Ninth Street, attacked the child's mother and father with a hammer and then took 5-year-old Skylar Melvin Coulter-Jarding.
Depriest, 36, is the mother's ex-boyfriend, police said, and she had a restraining order against him.
"I thought he was going to kill me," said Kathryn Riter, the boy's mom.
"The first thing I thought of was closing my bedroom door," she said. "He started swinging on Josh with a hammer and then he came right in and started beating me with a hammer."
Depriest left the scene of the kidnapping in a stolen, blue-green 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier, prompting police to issue an Amber Alert.
Here’s how it would have gone down at my house.
A 5-year-old boy is safe, in an attack and attempted kidnapping at a home in The Dalles on Wednesday, police said.
State police said Brian Depriest went into the child's home on Ninth Street, attacked the child's mother and father with a hammer and attempted to take 5-year-old Skylar Melvin Coulter-Jarding.
Depriest was shot several times, and expired on the scene.
Diane Feinstein can go to hell.
WE had one like that in Sparta a few years back, She shot him through the door with a 12 ga. shotgun. Did not kill him but messed up his face real bad. Cudos to the pistol (in this case shotgun) packing moma.
not so

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

November 1, 1955 — President Eisenhower deploys the Military Assistance Advisory Group to train the Army of the Republic of Vietnam. This marks the official beginning of American involvement in the war as recognized by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.[3]
April 1956 — The last French troops leave Vietnam.
1954–1956 — 450,000 Vietnamese civilians flee the Viet Minh administration in North Vietnam and relocate in South Vietnam. Approximately 52,000 move in the opposite direction.
1956 — National unification elections do not occur.
December 1958 — North Vietnam invades Laos and occupies parts of the country
July 8, 1959 — Charles Ovnand and Dale R. Buis become the first two American Advisers to die in Vietnam.[4]
September 1959 — North Vietnam forms Group 959 which assumes command of the Pathet Lao forces in Laos.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Yes, liberals are pacifist hippies AND (somehow) warmongers.

Go figure.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

not so wrote:
November 1, 1955 — President Eisenhower deploys the Military Assistance Advisory Group to train the Army of the Republic of Vietnam. This marks the official beginning of American involvement in the war as recognized by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.[3]
1954–1956 — 450,000 Vietnamese civilians flee the Viet Minh administration in North Vietnam and relocate in South Vietnam. Approximately 52,000 move in the opposite direction.
July 8, 1959 — Charles Ovnand and Dale R. Buis become the first two American Advisers to die in Vietnam.[4]
September 1959 — North Vietnam forms Group 959 which assumes command of the Pathet Lao forces in Laos.
Perhaps your education should go beyond Wikileaks.

"In September 1950, US President Harry Truman sent the Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) to Vietnam to assist the French in the First Indochina War. The President claimed they were not sent as combat troops, but to supervise the use of $10 million worth of US military equipment to support the French in their effort to fight the Viet Minh forces. By 1953, aid increased dramatically to $350 million to replace old military equipment owned by the French."

So, one could say Democrat Harry Truman started things.

But let's face it, the fellow who really escalated the Viet Nam war games was Kennedy, followed by that total ass LBJ.
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

not so wrote:
<quoted text> Eisenhower was the first president to go head first into the Vietnam conflicts. It was not the dems...
NOT SO It was Wilson that send in advisors to the French. Eisenhower sent in more. Kennedy sent in more and allowed the advisors that were there to combat situations.
Johnson may a speech that stated he would not sent our boys over there to VietNamn but by the time he had left office 6 years later, 47,000+ of our "BOYS" had died over there.

No, it was the Democrats. What you don't understand is that it could have been the Repubs if things were turned around. The economy at the time of Johnson (especially with Kennedy's assassination)was on the 'Slow' burner so-to-speak. A war as with all war put people to work making bombs, ammo, guns, tanks, you name it. This partially why Obama has not removed us entirely from Iraq and Afgan. The unemployment would hit the roof with not only returning soldiers but also people who made the materials of war. A lot of unrest like that would most certainly be bad for the dem/libsin 2014 although I do not think the libs are aware of this.
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you people get your history from ?
The isolationist movement was a direct result of the backlash of the Wilsonian intervention in WWI and his League of Nations idea. Republicans were the isolationists...and their steadfast refusal to allow direct help for Europe against the Nazi aggression forced Roosevelt to create his Lend-Lease policy. There was ONE notable exception, old man Joe Kennedy. His isolationist views angered Roosevelt so much that he was called back from his post in England. That mistake by Kennedy, ended his hopes for high office for himself... forever.
Wilson and FDR were Democrats, last time I checked.

The Repub had no power in those years, It was all dems. They had both houses. Not until Eisenhower was elected in the 50's did the Repubs start emerging to the spot light.
not so

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

U.S. establishes the Military Assistance Advisory Group, Indochina (MAAG) in Saigon to aid the French military (the French had been fighting communist rebels in Vietnam, their pre-WWII colony, since 1945). 2. November 1, 1955 -- The U.S. redesignates MAAG, Indochina, as MAAG, Vietnam to specify its new direct combat advisory role with the South Vietnamese Army. The U.S. essentially took over the advisory role from the French, who were leaving Vietnam after their defeat at Diem Bien Phu in 1954. The Department of Defense views this date as the earliest qualifying date for inclusion on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. 3. March 1959 -- Ho Chi Minh declares a People's War to unite all of Vietnam under his leadership. His Politburo orders a changeover to an all-out military struggle. From the comnmunist perspective, the "Vietnam War" against the U.S. has now officially started.
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is showing.
"In February 1954, President Eisenhower refused to commit American troops to the Franco-Vietnamese War. In a press conference he stated, "I cannot conceive of a greater tragedy for America than to get heavily involved now in an all-out war in any of those."
You must have received a public education.
Ah---look a little further back and you'll find Wilson a DEMO sent advisor to the French that were there. My history is just fine,,, It goes back a little further than yours.
not so

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I will agree Johnson was an idiot.
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is showing.
"In February 1954, President Eisenhower refused to commit American troops to the Franco-Vietnamese War. In a press conference he stated, "I cannot conceive of a greater tragedy for America than to get heavily involved now in an all-out war in any of those."
You must have received a public education.
He did commit more advisors NON_COMBAT only
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

not so wrote:
Go back a little further?!!!!
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
Yes, liberals are pacifist hippies AND (somehow) warmongers.
Go figure.
Ah---- here we are finally. Pacifist yes, Free Love Yes, Dangerous Yes. They were all will to do what ever was necessary to make you live by their views.(i.e Bill Ayers)----Should I go On??????

Like I said,, you must be a youngster!
Wonder IF

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Love to give out history lessons, but time is limited. Bye I am out of here.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah---look a little further back and you'll find Wilson a DEMO sent advisor to the French that were there. My history is just fine,,, It goes back a little further than yours.
Touche!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

The king of sludge, Harry Reid, has decided he likes the filibuster.

“I’m not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote threshold.”

Hey. when you want a government stalemate, you can always blame it on the filibuster.

Without it, he might even have to pass a budget.
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I get the feeling that if breathing required any thought....you would suffocate.
See typical dumb fuk,you can't and wont comprehend that the libtards have gotten us into a worse mess than the Republicans. And if using brains were required to life your dumbass would be dead and the world would be alittle bit better to live in and if everyone of you dumbasses died it would be perfect
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

(ABC NEWS)-- Outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stood her ground Wednesday, telling the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that she has overseen plans to secure diplomatic outposts around the world while cuts in State Department funding undermine those efforts.

Citing a report by the department's Accountability Review Board on the security failures that led to the deaths of four Americans in Benghazi, Libya, during an attack last year, Clinton said the board is pushing for an increase in funding to facilities of more than $2 billion per year.

"Consistent shortfalls have required the department to prioritize available funding out of security accounts," Clinton told the Senate this morning, while again taking responsibility for the Benghazi attack. "And I will be the first to say that the prioritization process was at times imperfect, but as the ARB said, the funds provided were inadequate.”

Well let's take a closer look:

There could not have been a more dangerous time than 2004. The State Dept’s security budget back then was $640 million.

By the time Pelosi/Reid took over spending in 2007, it had risen to around $750 million. That’s A LOT of money.

By 2010, it had nearly DOUBLED to $1.6 billion!!!

It dipped to $1.5 billion the following year and roughly $1.35 billion in fiscal 2012 -- still far more than it was a decade ago.

And that is why Hillary could not protect our Libyan embassy.

Maybe the reason she couldn’t read those cables requesting more security was that she was too busy buying Champagne and partying.

We DON’T have a spending problem!

tipton64

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Guns don't kill people, husbands that come home early do.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Wonder IF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah---- here we are finally. Pacifist yes, Free Love Yes, Dangerous Yes. They were all will to do what ever was necessary to make you live by their views.(i.e Bill Ayers)----Should I go On??????
Like I said,, you must be a youngster!
Oh Lord NO! Please don't. I have all the Bullchit and Fairy Tales that I can stand for one day!

Tell the truth, You're King of the Liar's Club, aren't you?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Wonder IF wrote:
Love to give out history lessons, but time is limited. Bye I am out of here.
What history lesson? You may call it history, but I call it fiction. You've been watching too many of those old War Movies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 57,661 - 57,680 of123,924
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Newport Forum right now

Search the Newport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
3 Sheriff's employees quit police academy the F... 8 min just stop 4
Fix the roads in Newport 12 min TaxPayer 26
Cocke County Jailors what do you think about them? 1 hr oopsie 8
Robin Benson and Shannon Thompson 1 hr yuk 13
If people can afford to eat out they can pay mo... 2 hr Yes sir 35
Sandra carol/Daryl price 3 hr Dustin 4
Nolichucky River threathened by US NITROGEN 5 hr concerned 1
•••
•••