Parrottsville Elementary School

Posted in the Newport Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
PVille

Nashville, TN

#1 Aug 6, 2010
Ok...I have two kids what will be attending Parrottsville this year. They have never been enrolled here before. Does anyone know how they pick teachers for the students? And do they take teacher requests for parents? I will have one going into 2nd and 5th. Any suggestions?
Obvious

United States

#2 Aug 7, 2010
PVille wrote:
Ok...I have two kids what will be attending Parrottsville this year. They have never been enrolled here before. Does anyone know how they pick teachers for the students? And do they take teacher requests for parents? I will have one going into 2nd and 5th. Any suggestions?
Call the school and talk the principal.... It is in the phone book
Obvious

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2010
Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the school and talk the principal.... It is in the phone book
----to the principal *****

I do know that school is starting Monday, so you may need to do something soon or your children are going to get a late start which is never good. Especially if you are worried about what class there are going to be in for the upcoming year. Could be a little late, don't you think?
PVille

Nashville, TN

#4 Aug 8, 2010
Yes it seems everything I do lately is a little late. I actually got to talk to a teacher from there yesterday and she answered my questions. So we are ready to roll bright and early tomorrow. Yeah--I get a break!
bobhunter

Morristown, TN

#5 Nov 14, 2010
who is their 7th and 8th grade teachers
gators

United States

#6 Nov 21, 2010
seventh grade teachers r Mrs.Shirly Greene Mr.Travis Hall and Mr.hodges idk his first name n eigth grade teachers r MrDennis Wilds and Ms.LeAnn Tate i went there for elementary all of them r awewsome i was a troublemaker though lol
treecutter

United States

#7 Nov 23, 2010
you have got to be liked by mister trentham or he will blame your kids for everthing my stepson went there two years ago and him and two more boys were throwing pencils my son got sent to beacon school in greeneville i think they need to send trentham packing but that want happen because all the board members are on his side the other boys got a pat on the back
ummm

Nashville, TN

#8 Nov 23, 2010
treecutter wrote:
you have got to be liked by mister trentham or he will blame your kids for everthing my stepson went there two years ago and him and two more boys were throwing pencils my son got sent to beacon school in greeneville i think they need to send trentham packing but that want happen because all the board members are on his side the other boys got a pat on the back
im no rocket scientiest but a LOT more had to happened than throwing a pencil to get sent to beacon...
curious

United States

#9 Nov 23, 2010
he thinks he owns tme school because he has lived there all his life and he had problems with his mom when she went to school there and do you know him if not then you dont have a clue about anything my stepson has just been with me for two years and i have asked school personel what happened they said just throwing pencil
None

Detroit, MI

#10 Nov 23, 2010
Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
----to the principal *****
I do know that school is starting Monday, so you may need to do something soon or your children are going to get a late start which is never good. Especially if you are worried about what class there are going to be in for the upcoming year. Could be a little late, don't you think?
I think ur being a little bit of a smart ass!
curious

United States

#11 Nov 24, 2010
i know what i am talking about i have lived here for fifty seven years and i have friends on the school board that have checked him out he has too many friends at that school they all need to be run off and new ones hired
southern belle

United States

#12 Nov 24, 2010
I went to Parrottsville School and Mr. Trentham does an wonderful job.
curious

United States

#13 Nov 24, 2010
maybe you need to go back and see how nice he is now ask him why he sent a kid to beacon school for throwing a pencil mention the ball family
educator

Nashville, TN

#14 Nov 24, 2010
curious wrote:
maybe you need to go back and see how nice he is now ask him why he sent a kid to beacon school for throwing a pencil mention the ball family
I am a teacher and on a professional level, a child would never be sent to Beacon for throwing a pencil. There has to be more to the story that you are afraid to share. You may have found out for the first time that your lil darling isn't an angel anymore. Beacon goes through an extensive background work before they can admit a kid because of their funding. So either your child has an emotinal or behavior problems........so tell the whole story if you are going to tell the story at all.....
scarry

Knoxville, TN

#15 Nov 27, 2010
curious wrote:
Is it just me or do you not seem to see the danger in "throwing pencils"? throwing a pencil could land in someones eye or stab thru their skin..... Im not taking sides here but throwing pencils is not the same as talking in class..... how would you feel if that pencil caused your child to be blind?
true

Nashville, TN

#16 Nov 27, 2010
scarry wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it just me or do you not seem to see the danger in "throwing pencils"? throwing a pencil could land in someones eye or stab thru their skin..... Im not taking sides here but throwing pencils is not the same as talking in class..... how would you feel if that pencil caused your child to be blind?
it is very serious to throw a pencil. BUT do you know what kind of school Beacon is? If not research it. Throwing pencils is the least of their worries.
Duh

Knoxville, TN

#17 Nov 27, 2010
Well maybe they should have just taken them all out into the hall and paddled them. Oh wait, can't do that anymore. Might hurt their stupid little feelings.

If kids don't behave or act up in class bust their butts and they will eventually decide they dont want that anymore and will act like a civilized human being.
true

Nashville, TN

#18 Nov 28, 2010
Duh wrote:
Well maybe they should have just taken them all out into the hall and paddled them. Oh wait, can't do that anymore. Might hurt their stupid little feelings.
If kids don't behave or act up in class bust their butts and they will eventually decide they dont want that anymore and will act like a civilized human being.
i so agree with you..........that is one of the major things wrong with schools today. what will it take before people figure that out? i would much rather hurt their little feelings than them turn into undisciplined adults.
this person

United States

#19 Feb 19, 2011
Parrottsville school is awesome! I'm in the 8th grade their now. And Mr.Trentham and all the teachers are great!(:
Anonymous

United States

#20 Feb 20, 2011
I just so happened to go to Parrottsville and loved it! I had fun.... i went there all through elementary. All the teachers are nice!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
druggies in newport (Sep '10) 2 min smackie 309
Cheyenne beat up 20 min Cheyenne 8
Word Association Game (Feb '10) 2 hr Mee 111
Tyreek Davidson is a Theif and Pill Head 3 hr Punk 1
stay on the ground 3 hr The man he says 13
My lost love 4 hr aintthat thedeal 6
I can read people in this town like a open book. 5 hr aintthat thedeal 29
Cody out on lowered bond Wed truthburnz urazzup 81
More from around the web

Personal Finance