Michael C. Lyter
riverman

New Bloomfield, PA

#1 Mar 19, 2009
Michael C. Lyter was sentenced to life in prison after a Dauphin County jury found him guilty of murdering a former Harrisburg detective's son in an apparent drug robbery.

Will he get the death sentence ? I think he should be

links : http://www.google.com/search...
Big Dipper is My Guide

Sunbury, PA

#2 Oct 21, 2009
Anyone that murders another person (with the exception of self-defense) deserves the death penalty, especially if it's over something as trivial as drugs.
WTF girl

Newville, PA

#3 Sep 8, 2010
I wish I had seen riverman's comment back when this was first posted. Did you follow the case Riverman? The sad fact is your not innocent until proven guilty...your guilty until proven innocent. In this case Michael Lyter was a quick pick among a dozen. Let's convict somebody as quick as we can because the boy was a former harriburg detective's son...let's not mention a dirty detective at that and sold drugs as well! Their main witness was/is a know heroin addict that changed his story how many different time?! Does all this sound like Lyter got a fair trial to you?
Intelligent

Biglerville, PA

#4 Sep 10, 2010
WTF girl...sounds like you probably sell drugs as well. =)
WTF girl

Biglerville, PA

#5 Sep 13, 2010
Sorry Intelligent you've pegged me wrong. I'm far from a drug seller or a drug user for that matter. Do I feel that murder is acceptable? Do I feel drugs are acceptable? No,I do not! However, I think that if we are going to convict someone of murder we should be damn well sure that he is guilty. This case was soley placed on cicumstancial evidence and the testimony of a heroin addict.
Anonymous

Orlando, FL

#6 Dec 5, 2011
Actually it wasn't convict someone as fast as they could little do you know... And it wasn't based on the testimony of an addict or circumstantial evidence. And he wasn't a dirty detective you should really get your facts straight before you post about things you are clearly very ignorant to
jay

Reading, PA

#7 Dec 10, 2011
I can tell anyone i helped mike when he was 17 i knew him for quite a while ,i could hardly imagine he killed somebody .but he did? i would like to get in touch with and hear his side. peace JAY
Maggie

United States

#8 Jan 18, 2012
And i as well knew him, cant believe it... Very sad. He was a great friend. Killer? Really hard to believe..
jay

Hatfield, PA

#9 Feb 12, 2012
how can you get in touch with him?
anon

Harrisburg, PA

#10 Aug 2, 2013
I don't know if this is still active however there were many facts that were not brought to light in this case. Unfortunately in this case two people lost their lives the victim and the shooter. I have read many non educated comments in regard to this whole thing and everyone is entitled to their opinion however I find it sad in both case and for all the families who have lost someone in this situation. The other sad fact is these two were "friends" and the friendship obviously wasn't enough to effect both lives in a positive way instead of a negative way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recent Spraying of Susquahanna Aug 21 Jeff 1
Senator Rob Teplitz needs your help! Jul '15 ThePongster 1
News Freezing rain creates dangerous road conditions (Nov '14) May '15 Hobo Jim 33
Millersburg Railroad History ? (Nov '08) Apr '15 PatriciaW 2
News Man barricaded in home in Millersburg (Jul '13) Jan '15 pennliver editor 2
News Two People Arrested In 2003 Murder (Jun '06) Jun '14 Deborah contrillo 3
richard h wolf (Dec '12) Feb '14 jim hoover 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages