incompetence or criminal business pra...

incompetence or criminal business practices, you tell me

Posted in the Newport Forum

C_W_Rogers

Rochester, NY

#1 Jul 26, 2010
My daughter's car breaks down as she's driving through PA. Fry's Garage charges us $869 to replace a cracked radiator for a 1998 vehicle without bothering to check the extent of the damage to the engine block, then (knowingly?) sends her on her way despite the fact that the check engine light is still on and it drives funny. "It will go off in 100 miles," they say. Wrong. Car completely died (as in forever) 30 miles later. Next day, someone uses the very same debit card number I gave Fry's over the phone to purchase Jet blue tickets and merchandise at amazon.com . My mechanic here in Rochester says it would have been obvious to anyone with any competency that the problem was bigger than the radiator and it shouldn't haven been replaced because the engine was already ruined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Millersburger Hotel (Aug '08) Dec '15 Townie17061 13
News Newport hammers East Juniata 41-10, moves to 3-1 Oct '15 nennink 1
Recent Spraying of Susquahanna Sep '15 gonefishin 2
Tracy Marie Kroh (Oct '07) Sep '15 just a hunch 26
Senator Rob Teplitz needs your help! (Jul '15) Jul '15 ThePongster 1
News Freezing rain creates dangerous road conditions (Nov '14) May '15 Hobo Jim 33
Millersburg Railroad History ? (Nov '08) Apr '15 PatriciaW 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages