Two arrested for heroin possession in...

Two arrested for heroin possession in Siletz

There are 12 comments on the Newport News Times story from Aug 20, 2008, titled Two arrested for heroin possession in Siletz. In it, Newport News Times reports that:

Two people were arrested in Siletz Aug. 6 for possession of heroin, helping to curb what law enforcement officials described as an extensive heroin sales network in Lincoln County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newport News Times.

rezman76

Newport, OR

#1 Aug 29, 2008
The tribe needs to do more to curb the drug use in Siletz.
fknsuckassindian

Saint Helens, OR

#2 Sep 6, 2008
fk you rez you fkging smelly ass retrobate greasy fking indian
reader

Eugene, OR

#4 Sep 10, 2008
The people arrested were not Indian,I know them.
ditto

Ozark, AL

#6 Oct 4, 2008
reader wrote:
The people arrested were not Indian,I know them.
this is true
Siletz resident

Eugene, OR

#7 Oct 8, 2008
rezman76 wrote:
The tribe needs to do more to curb the drug use in Siletz.
I've lived here in Siletz for 12 years, also allot of other places in my life. The drug abuse is no different here nor there. I chose to raise my children here and so far haven't regretted my choice. The Siletz Tribe has done allot thru-out the years for our young kids in Siletz area(especially summer activities). The School is GREAT!! My kids have and will graduate and move on, but for now I think I'll keep Siletz my hometown.
Samantha

Pasco, WA

#8 Oct 9, 2008
Siletz is a great place, and it is unfortuneate to read people being racist against the American Indians who live there. Yes, there is drug use among some of the people there, but, there is drug use among a percentage of any population. It's unfair to stereo-type a community based on two people there who use drugs.
true

United States

#9 Oct 13, 2008
i lived in siletz many years ago in the 70s there was some drugs then ,i have lived in many states and towns and as the years go by the drug use gets worse everwhere!
Siletz resident

Eugene, OR

#10 Oct 26, 2008
Siletz resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I've lived here in Siletz for 12 years, also allot of other places in my life. The drug abuse is no different here nor there. I chose to raise my children here and so far haven't regretted my choice. The Siletz Tribe has done allot thru-out the years for our young kids in Siletz area(especially summer activities). The School is GREAT!! My kids have and will graduate and move on, but for now I think I'll keep Siletz my hometown.
And my family is Caucasian and our children get to do most Tribal activities, its been great
Siletz_Warrior

Hood River, OR

#11 Nov 5, 2008
This arrest had absolutely nothing to do with the Siletz Tribe. Bringing their name up or even mentioning it is absolutely irrelevent to this story.
agree

Bexar, AR

#12 Apr 6, 2013
true wrote:
i lived in siletz many years ago in the 70s there was some drugs then ,i have lived in many states and towns and as the years go by the drug use gets worse everwhere!
i also lived in Siletz in the early 70's and have moved around abit drugs now days are more common everywhere than they were back then and they are everywhere now everywhere
what

Bexar, AR

#13 Apr 8, 2013
fknsuckassindian wrote:
fk you rez you fkging smelly ass retrobate greasy fking indian
ARE YOU HIGH!
motowndowntown

Milwaukee, WI

#14 Mar 21, 2015
I am planning on moving to the Oregon coast area shortly.
The town of Siletz looks like an ideal place but I've read some stories lately,
no police force, lots of drugs, assaults, etc.
What's the real story on the town of Siletz?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for H or possibly plain pill, get back ... May '16 Sick 1
rape May '16 I know right 2
News Depoe Bay fishing charter convicted of racketee... Apr '16 M Lee 1
Attention: Local Writers (Jun '15) Jun '15 Leta McCurry 1
the world's most spectacular young voice at thi... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Anonymous 2
News Corvallis bank robbery suspect arrested (Jan '08) May '15 Newport Oregon 4
News Boat, fish found in Oregon likely from Japan ts... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Shirvell s Shrivel 1

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages