Alturas, CA

#24 Oct 19, 2010
What is wrong with everybody?
Why do people see only right and left?
How about up and down, and all around?
Matthew

Newberg, OR

#25 Oct 20, 2010
Single payer healthcare and an end to the oil wars!
Retired

Yakima, WA

#26 Oct 21, 2010
Keep the money press running! Wyden has helped put every american child $40,000 in debt. Oregon cities are so "thankfull" to Wyden for sendind what mayors call "free money". Hello its our money, tax payer money. This country is broke and the pork has got to stop. Wyden is a yes man in DC who needs to be retired along with his I know best arrogant DC demenor. Sometimes a bad choice is better than the alternative, where this country is going is disaster and ruin.
Surrender Dorothy

Kelso, WA

#27 Oct 22, 2010
slick wrote:
democrats have done nothing but destroy east oregon.
You got that right! The Democrats havn't done such a good job with the Northern Coast either!

“I Support Equality”

Since: Jun 07

Beaverton, OR

#28 Oct 22, 2010
buda wrote:
i will not vote dem.
I will not vote republican.

Since: Oct 10

Hurleyville, NY

#29 Oct 23, 2010
Proven record
iFreepeely

Portland, OR

#30 Oct 23, 2010
Wyden is a RINO.
CONCERN TROLL

Palo Cedro, CA

#31 Oct 23, 2010
Admiral_d wrote:
Proven record
Yup, it's proven that Widen (the deficit) will continue down the same sellout road. He knows the way!
Sandra Kunze

Oregon City, OR

#32 Oct 23, 2010
Ron Wyden has been in Washington too long, he has forgotten the needs of true Oregonians. Huffman stands for fiscal responsiblity.
Jude the Obscure

Mcminnville, OR

#33 Oct 24, 2010
I have to vote for James Huffman, because Ron Wyden has sold out the seniors of Oregon. He got name recognition by his founding of the Grey Panthers and helping seniors, and easily beat Bob Duncan to be Oregon's 3rd District Congressman. When Bob Packwood was drummed out of the US Senate for groping, Wyden won his seat. He claims to be an "independent voice for Oregon and the nations" but that's bogus today. Yes, he voted against TARP which turned out to maybe make a profit for the US, but he has then voted lock step with Harry Reid, falling all over himself to carry water for Obama. He had a good alternative to the health care bill providing intelligent access to health care for all. When the rest of the Senate gave him short shrift on it, he caved a fell in with the other sheep and voted totally against the will of most people in Oregon and the nation. Jim Huffman is the first legitimate candidate to go against Wyden; at best Huffman will win, at worst he will scare Wyden to come to the center, remember the seniors that put him in Congress, and spend less time in New York and more time in Oregon.
Anonymous

Palo Alto, CA

#34 Oct 25, 2010
Please remember people of Oregon. Ron Wyden voted NOT to make English the official language of the US... and voted FOR illegal aliens TO GET Social Security benefits.. Meaning all of us US citizens PAY for illegals benifits.

That is the REAL Ron Wyden!!
Rox It

Sweet Home, OR

#35 Oct 26, 2010
Wyden has been in Washington too long, so long that he even looks like a wax statue in a museum. He creeps me out, even if he does seem to fit in with the Halloween spirit...
Rox It

Sweet Home, OR

#36 Oct 26, 2010
ramona rowe wrote:
he believes in helping
Helping who? Do you mean helping people on welfare, government programs like this? Programs that take away a person's dignity & self-worth... I'm just asking, cause that's my opinion of the stuff that the Democrats seem to like to help society with the most.
One trick pony

Lakeside, OR

#37 Oct 26, 2010
Huffman is spouting like the rest of the republican party, the same damn rhetoric, fear and anger with no substance
Clueless

Lakeside, OR

#38 Oct 26, 2010
Rox It wrote:
<quoted text>
Helping who? Do you mean helping people on welfare, government programs like this? Programs that take away a person's dignity & self-worth... I'm just asking, cause that's my opinion of the stuff that the Democrats seem to like to help society with the most.
Huffman's commercial talked about how terrible the government regulating of the financial industry and Health-care. If during the Bush administration they had not de regulated the Financial Institutions which included, banking, wall street, credit, mortgage industry, among others we wouldn't be in the $H!T hole were in with more people on welfare and needing unemployment benefits since the great depression. For a Professor at a University he sure don't know much!
Kate Plourde

Kennewick, WA

#39 Oct 26, 2010
Wyden does not listen to his constituency. It's time to vote him out!
Gramzy

United States

#40 Oct 26, 2010
We,in Oregon, need new voices not the just the same ole same ole. I would like to see this new face and his new thoughts; hopefully so will the rest of Oregon!
Oregon Native

Redmond, WA

#41 Oct 26, 2010
rainisgone wrote:
What is wrong with everybody?
Why do people see only right and left?
How about up and down, and all around?
WHY not fix your own state's mess B4 telling Oregon how to do their's?
Oregon Native

Redmond, WA

#42 Oct 26, 2010
One trick pony wrote:
Huffman is spouting like the rest of the republican party, the same damn rhetoric, fear and anger with no substance
WYDEN has brought us all the "substance" we can stand...
Look at Oregon's unemployment rate!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
barbara ann jordan (Jun '09) Sep 23 furrealz 9
Oregon Coast Whales - Guide to Whale Watching; ... Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1
Review: Drift Creek Landing Jun '14 B Padgett 4
News Anchor: Kiera Morgan Jun '14 luther ray 1
Live music in Newport May '14 NotSo 1
Portland elects its first openly gay mayor (May '08) May '14 JoB 104
Seeking friends of a long lost person in Newport (Dec '08) May '14 JoB 3
Newport Dating
Find my Match

Newport Jobs