Don Polson The way I see it: Observing the passing scenes of life

Full story: Red Bluff Daily News

Don Polson has called Red Bluff home since 1988, is a past president of the Tehama County Association of Realtors, licensed since 1994.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Oct 7, 2010
Save America

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

The Coffee Party was an idea from Annabel Park and the MoveOn crowd. Park was obsessed with being a leader of something, anything. It was driven from the top with no to very little enthusiasm from anybody. The Tea Party on the other hand is a genuine grass-roots effort driven by common everyday people. T - E - A stands for "taxed enough already". The Tea Party message resonates with the majority of Americans. Whether you like Coffee or Tea, it's important to buy American goods.
Don Polson

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Save America wrote:
The Coffee Party was an idea from Annabel Park and the MoveOn crowd. Park was obsessed with being a leader of something, anything. It was driven from the top with no to very little enthusiasm from anybody. The Tea Party on the other hand is a genuine grass-roots effort driven by common everyday people. T - E - A stands for "taxed enough already". The Tea Party message resonates with the majority of Americans. Whether you like Coffee or Tea, it's important to buy American goods.
Thank you SA. Locally, I believe it's an STP (Same Ten People) movement. The report on the CP Nat'l Conv'n was in American Thinker, "The Coffee Party now embarrasses media which hyped it," linked below. There was also an even more obscure internet blip that billed its anti-TP message as "F--- Tea". Really civil, this bunch.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/09/t...
Richard Mazzucchi

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is constructed not to be the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.

In addition members agree to a civility pledge unlike the Tea Party that seems to pride themselves with their ability to offend its detractors and assail political correctness and respectful discourse.

It is sad to me that larger numbers of angry Americans choose to blame others for the country's problems rather than agree to disagree and more respectfully do the hard work the democratic process requires to solve them as the Coffee Party strives.
Save America

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

Judged:

Reading the news just a few months ago, one would believe that the Coffee Party was a huge dynamic movement sweeping across our country. Truth is, the Coffee Party held their National Convention in Louisville, Kentucky this past weekend, and could only garner roughly 350 members. Those who supported the Coffee party are now embarrassed by this insignificance. Doesn't matter much to me. It would have been good to see the contrast in the ideologies. When the left has a gathering, they leave behind tons of trash: half-eaten food, cups, bottles, diapers, cigarette butts, bags, and just about anything one can imagine. When the right has a gathering, they pick up after themselves. No to very little trash is left behind. Yet it is the hypocritical left that claims to be good stewards of our planet. Common Sense. your turn, Richard.
Mac

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

Judged:

Save America wrote:
Reading the news just a few months ago, one would believe that the Coffee Party was a huge dynamic movement sweeping across our country. Truth is, the Coffee Party held their National Convention in Louisville, Kentucky this past weekend, and could only garner roughly 350 members. Those who supported the Coffee party are now embarrassed by this insignificance. Doesn't matter much to me. It would have been good to see the contrast in the ideologies. When the left has a gathering, they leave behind tons of trash: half-eaten food, cups, bottles, diapers, cigarette butts, bags, and just about anything one can imagine. When the right has a gathering, they pick up after themselves. No to very little trash is left behind. Yet it is the hypocritical left that claims to be good stewards of our planet. Common Sense. your turn, Richard.
Save America, I'm so confused as to who to vote for this year. You make a valid point about the litter left behind by Liberals. Then again, it's a documented fact that Conservatives pick their noses more. What to do. Obviously, as you so astutely point out, both Liberals and Conservaties are caffeine addicts and have named their tribes after that nefarious drug. I could study the facts, but I'm just so busy watching Hannity and Olbermann. Given that my post has as much substantial content as yours, I sincerely apologize.
Pat Johnston

Placerville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

Judged:

Richard Mazzucchi wrote:
The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is constructed not to be the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.
In addition members agree to a civility pledge unlike the Tea Party that seems to pride themselves with their ability to offend its detractors and assail political correctness and respectful discourse.
It is sad to me that larger numbers of angry Americans choose to blame others for the country's problems rather than agree to disagree and more respectfully do the hard work the democratic process requires to solve them as the Coffee Party strives.
Common sense will never convince the radical right of their hateful and narrowminded ways, but thanks for trying.
Save America

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

I was hoping Richard would respond, but he must be busy. He could have countered with the fact that Bush spent our money like it was going out of style, while the Republicans claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility. Hypocrites every one of them !! I am having way too much fun with these posts. I even get a kick out of sharp-tongued Pat Johnston. Yes Mac, you are confused. Got a mailer from the California Taxpayers' Association today. They are advocating NO on 24, NO on 25, and YES on 26. Maybe that will help you, Mac. Well, I am outta here. Get to see my pretty and smart Granddaughter sing in a concert. Two states away. Thank goodness for XM radio. Read labels, buy American-made products.
Save America

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

One last post before I take off. Why is it that the middle-class, upper-middle-class, and the wealthy are sitting on their cash? It's like they are hoarding it and not spending it. Common Sense tells me that they do not trust this government. I say to heck with this government, we've got to spend money and buy American made products to give our country a chance to get started again. People must be very discouraged.

Since: Sep 10

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2010

Save America wrote:
....He could have countered with the fact that Bush spent our money like it was going out of style, while the Republicans claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility....
Countering with facts is a good thing.
Lush Rimbaugh

Saratoga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Facts are so passe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oregon Coast Whales - Guide to Whale Watching; ... Jul 28 Shelly Slader 1
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 What is 201
Review: Drift Creek Landing Jun '14 B Padgett 4
News Anchor: Kiera Morgan Jun '14 luther ray 1
Live music in Newport May '14 NotSo 1
Portland elects its first openly gay mayor (May '08) May '14 JoB 104
Seeking friends of a long lost person in Newport (Dec '08) May '14 JoB 3

Search the Newport Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Newport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000