Waldport Teen Attacked

Mar 4, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KMTR Eugene

“I just can't believe it would occur to them to do something like that to another human being, an animal, anything”

Police in Waldport are investigating a vicious crime that's left a 17-year-old in the hospital. via KMTR Eugene

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2012
Mark

Springfield, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Why are these violent creeps not charged with attempted murder? Why is the bail set so low? These are vicious thugs of the worst kind, they should be locked up for at least 20 years. The DA is up for election, this case may receive lots of attention, it will be interesting to see if she is tough on crime or not. I'm sick of seeing dangerous people like this get plea bargains and light sentences.
Hayabusa

Albany, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2008

(I totaly agree Mark)

Been to any good parties latley?
All the girls like the guys that are gangster types,

What kind of parents do these teens have not to know what they kids are into?

I see them walking the streets hanging out at the store with nothing to do better find them someting to do! Before its to late and there in jail.

Shows you the type of kids our current parents, schools, goverment and society are producing, the media is also to blame as they glorify this kind of stuff!(your just not cool unlees your gangster)
wake up people know who your kids are and how they treat others.
instead of chaseing the dollar all the time.

Can you say mind control, they will create the need for us to all be chiped (mark) my words!

We will see lots more of this I'm sure as evil is on the rise.

If help showed up to try to stop the teens and save the kid they would have thrown them in jail too for assault.

want to know why?

Im sure you don't cause noone really care's they just want to get paid, and believe the lies of the media.

(Cause to them ignorance is bliss)

if you dare
http://www.spirituallysmart.com/

http://www.youtube.com/results...
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2008

These men should be locked up for at least 15-20 years. I can't even begin to tell you how sick this makes me feel. I'm upset that they got out on bail. Bail should have been set at a higher level. Seems like premeditated attempted murder to me. I wish they were locked up right now.
Where is the justice?
ares

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

these three are not going too live long
ANONYMOUS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2008

ALL YOU ALL U DNT KNO CODY DNT TALK ABOUT HIM LIKE THAT!!
just another mom

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2008

Iam so sorry to the young man who was hurt,This is not your fault,please believe that.You will heal and be stronger better more caring person.Please don't let this define you or the rest of your life.Something wonderful is waiting for you on the other side of this horrible event in your life.
troy holmes

Albany, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

dont you talk shit about chris he did the right thing that night, i got pleasure out the whole thing
Hayabusa

Albany, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Troy you get pleasure out of harming others?
are you satanic or something?
annonomous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

thats stupid troy that is not troy and he did not get pleasure out of it thats a lie he was hurt horribly sparks and code got 14 years robert bernal got 10 and yes they should be in there for longer
Jim

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

The young man who was brutalized by these animals is now unemployed, broke and in need of further medical care. Obviously his medical bills should be paid by the criminals, but you can't get blood from a turnip. The young man cannot go to a doctor because all MD's here are linked into Samaritan Health and he owes the hospital thousands of dollars for his stay. He is trying to find work, he is an accomplished landscaper and worked responsibly in that area before he was attacked. He has tried to get help from Victim's programs, State Disability, etc, and NOBODY is helping him. We have welfare scum crawling all over this town scamming the system, getting free medical care for their brats, food stamps, etc, and this young man cannot get a dime, even for food. Those who know him, his old high school pals, etc, should get together and research and find out how to get through the eff'ed up government bureacracy to get some help for a real victim of crime who's trying to rebuild his life.
Judith

Sutherlin, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

I just found this site and it pains me that he hasn't been able to get help. Should a civil liberties type of person be called in at this point? Just a thought. If I had more background I could look it up myself.
His friend

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2009

I was friends with all the boys involved, what happened to to him was sick beyond all belief. I hope the tree boys go to prison and have that happen to them, over and over again. To my friend who had this happen to them. You know Ill always be there to help or just talk, Im always around.
Anonymous

Philomath, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2011

This whole thing hurt this town. Yes I live in Waldport. But I knew Robert and Chris very well and still keep in touch with them. They made a mistake. We all do. We're only human, as are they. None of you knew any of these men. None of you knew what their lives were like. They made a mistake and learned their lesson so quit talking about people that you don't even know.
phoenix

Port Orford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

that was discusting what they did and i am so glad there in prison
school mate

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

I did know all of these people and let me tell you the kids that hurt him like that did not just make a little mistake. I know them, they where weird kids that thought it was funny. bet they regreat that now. Cris is not right in the head and so is the rest of them. Troy was an odd one too but he did not diserv this.
before you tell people to not talk about them you might want to look at the big picture. That was not ok.
Heart Broken

Philomath, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

I knew all of the boys. What happened was sick and caused bad things for Troy. He was just shot and arrested a couple of months ago for waving a machete around in JC Markets parking lot. He's never been completely there but after this happened it got worse. I was really good friends with Robert and his family. They took me in when I was going through some family troubles and I loved them all dearly. It really hurts to think that he would do something like this. 4 years later and I still think about it every day and ask why. I loved Robert a lot. He was a great friend to me and was there for me when no one else was. To this day I still can't imagine he would do this. I'm not gonna be just another person that says he made a mistake. He did make a mistake, it was a very big one. Some might say unforgivable. I'm not gonna defend him. There's no way too. But from my side of what happened, there has to be more to this story that none of know. That only the people that were there no. Yes, they teased Troy. He teased them too. But something had to have triggered this to happen. These boys (atleast not Robert, I knew Chris somewhat but didn't know Cody) they have never been the violent type. Anyways, for anyone that cares, Robert is trying to make the best of the situation and turn his life around. He does regret what he did and it haunts him every day and night. But he is trying to turn things around. Sorry for this being so long, but Troy wasn't the only one that was hurt by this. There are a lot of friends and family that were heart broken by what happened.
waldport

Newport, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

thos boys knew what they did to troy. why didnt they sop. hmm cause they thought it was funny. the deserved to be in prision. they should of got life. i feel for thee familes, but not the three boys. how about someone does to them as they did to troy. they are only feeling bad cause there behind bars. do you think its fair how troy was treated? they should get what troy had done to them. see how they like it.
Anonymous

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

People sayin that they should get life, shut the hell up. There are rapists that get less years then this. Knowing Chris very well, he was not a violent person. They had no idea what they were doing because they were so drunk. Troy was teasing them to drink more an more because he said he had drank a lot. He then teased them and made fun of them more and said stuff that triggered them. I am not defending this, but there is more than what is said in the newspapers. So you that don't know them and the full story, shut the hell up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newport Discussions

Search the Newport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
Review: Drift Creek Landing Jun '14 B Padgett 4
News Anchor: Kiera Morgan Jun '14 luther ray 1
Live music in Newport May '14 NotSo 1
Portland elects its first openly gay mayor (May '08) May '14 JoB 104
Seeking friends of a long lost person in Newport (Dec '08) May '14 JoB 3
Touching Dead Oregon Coast Whale Could Mean Fin... (Jul '09) May '14 JoB 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Newport Jobs

•••