Police dress as firefighters to arres...

Police dress as firefighters to arrest NH man

There are 5 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Mar 5, 2009, titled Police dress as firefighters to arrest NH man. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Police in Newport, N.H., say they dressed as firefighters to trick a man and arrest him after he pointed a shotgun at an officer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

not good

Brisbane, CA

#1 Mar 5, 2009
nice trick, but i bet my firefighter buddies won't like the idea. If bad guys start thinking firefighters are cops, you lose the trust the FF's need to operate.
what if someone impersonated you to get what they wanted? slippery slope perhaps. does the end justify the means?

c3daddyo

“I am right.”

Since: Feb 08

Pearl. MS

#2 Mar 5, 2009
It may have worked this time, but what if next time, they end up shooting a FireFighter? Then what?

“Phenomenal woman.. That's me. ”

Since: Apr 08

Somewhere in this vast world

#3 Mar 5, 2009
I agree c3daddyo. Their through process was in the right spot but what about next time.

I do give them an A for effort though.
Black and Gold

Harrisburg, PA

#4 Mar 5, 2009
EMT chick it's nice to see you back.
Not so sure

Clifton, NJ

#9 Mar 5, 2009
Not so sure this is a good idea. It seems like that hostage exchange/rescue a few months ago, when the rescuers used the international symbol of the red cross to trick them into allowing them to transport the hostages for medical care. Now, the red cross will never be able to deliver medical aid or supplies becuase the rebels won't know if it's a trick. OK this is on a much smaller scale, but still, it's the same principal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reading series teaches students about inclusion 23 hr NOM s Waffle House 18
News Judge denies New London doctor's request to get... Dec '17 frosty7530 1
Allende Oct '17 Allende 1
Hardy's Salve (Aug '08) Oct '17 Skankseverywhere 17
A Team Roofing (Jun '17) Jun '17 QueenD 1
Chris Rourke (Mar '17) Mar '17 Fuckoff422 1
News PETA cancels 'Greased Pig on Ice' protest after... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Dr Wu 5

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages