Student had '17 bags of drugs' in his...

Student had '17 bags of drugs' in his pants pocket

There are 138 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Feb 19, 2009, titled Student had '17 bags of drugs' in his pants pocket. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

The drugs were found on James Carter during a routine, random school bus search which was conducted by school officials just before 7 a.m. Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Bad Newz Newport News

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Feb 19, 2009
What this kid needs is a community center so he can sell drugs without getting caught.

“THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT!”

Since: Sep 07

Quahog, Rhode Island

#2 Feb 19, 2009
Bad Newz Newport News wrote:
What this kid needs is a community center so he can sell drugs without getting caught.
Well, now he's at the Greybar Community Center. I just hope the liberal judge doesn't let him off with a slap on the wrist.
Lark

Hampton, VA

#3 Feb 19, 2009
Bet this kid has multiple juvy visits. Time for him to see how the adult system works.

“The Apocalypse is a Myth ”

Since: Feb 08

Buckroe/Phoebus/Fox Hill

#4 Feb 19, 2009
Not a surprise here, meaning, every high school in this country has someone selling some sort of drug to the populace. pretty dumb though, considering the consequences.
Dontrel-T

Chesapeake, VA

#5 Feb 19, 2009
Dog gonit. Caught on Thurs. just as everyone was going to hook up for the weekend. It's going to be a bummer time for Woodside students this weekend.
Gaelic Sookie

Spotsylvania, VA

#6 Feb 19, 2009
Get rid of the baggy pants! &
Dress codes should apply.

Good LORD!
What

Newport News, VA

#7 Feb 19, 2009
There was a nineteen year old student arrested for selling marijuana within the area of Menchville High.
Lori Carlson

United States

#8 Feb 19, 2009
He is probably out by now. I just watched a man convicted of his THIRD felony PWID charge sentenced to ten years with 9.5 years suspended. He will serve about 90 days at the city farm for his third felony. This man now has about 40 years of suspended time hanging over his head. Oh, and by the way, the third charge resulted from an auto accident that took the lives of two people, but that doesn't matter. Don't believe me? Look it up. His name is Edwin Lamar Jarrell, Newport News. This kid will also get a slap on the wrist, that is why they keep doing it. No consequences.
Dontrel-T

Chesapeake, VA

#9 Feb 19, 2009
What wrote:
There was a nineteen year old student arrested for selling marijuana within the area of Menchville High.
Yep probally a sophmore. Why graduate if your making money.

“Thomas Jefferson for president”

Since: Oct 08

Newport News, VA

#10 Feb 19, 2009
Find his supplier and release a mad monkey on him. Find this person's parents and plaster their picture on th front page
Newport News

Newport News, VA

#11 Feb 19, 2009
He is 18. Let's have a name. Parents can see if he is a "friend" of their teens.
Newport News

Newport News, VA

#12 Feb 19, 2009
What wrote:
I would be interested in more info if this is true.
AWF

Hayes, VA

#13 Feb 19, 2009
His name was printed in the article and under his picture. James Carter.
Newport News wrote:
He is 18. Let's have a name. Parents can see if he is a "friend" of their teens.

“THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT!”

Since: Sep 07

Quahog, Rhode Island

#14 Feb 19, 2009
Newport News wrote:
You missed it. His name is James Kevin Carter. His mug shot is in the "Local Mug Shots" section.
Just Me

Hampton, VA

#15 Feb 19, 2009
What the kid did was wrong but kids have been smoking weed and taking uppers for decades. It's not a "ghetto" problem - kids from all walks of life do it. It would be stupid to post the parent's pictures because the kid is 18 (a legal adult in case you forgot). If they post his parent's pictures then they should post pictures of all the parents of kids in York county and Poquoson that get busted for drugs.

“Let the music play!”

Since: Nov 08

Hampton, VA

#16 Feb 19, 2009
Just Me wrote:
What the kid did was wrong but kids have been smoking weed and taking uppers for decades. It's not a "ghetto" problem - kids from all walks of life do it. It would be stupid to post the parent's pictures because the kid is 18 (a legal adult in case you forgot). If they post his parent's pictures then they should post pictures of all the parents of kids in York county and Poquoson that get busted for drugs.
You are so right. Hopefully, his parents will administer some tough love, but they are not responsible for the behaviour of their 18 year old son. HE IS. He chose to deal drugs and the blame and embarrasment and punishment rest on HIS shoulders. A parent can lead a child only so far, then it's up to the young adult to make the right decisions. As for the last sentence of your comment, right again. There would be some serious damage control to repair their positions as pillars of society.
Sorry 4 His Parents

Hampton, VA

#17 Feb 19, 2009
I am sure his Parents did raise him be a dope dealer, they are probably so embarrassed. Our children do stupid things no matter how hard we try to keep them on the righteous path, their peers have a way with them and what we the Parents say are do they no longer listen to us. You know in our childrens eyes Parents are stupid and we do not know what we are talking about, like we was never children once ourselves.
mom of a cop

Warwick, RI

#18 Feb 19, 2009
Hes 18 and an adult by law, but I sure do know so many stupid 18 year olds. You have to give some of these kids a dollar to go buy a clue.. Its disgraceful. heck when I was 18, I was married, a full time college student and working full time, all with a baby on the way. I got it done, but I had a vision, too bad these young kids think that selling dope and pills will make them rich.. Now the criminal justice system can do their magic and strike the wand over his head, and send him to prison for a good deal of time to think about what hes got himself into.. Maybe, one can only hope that he shapes up; Plus his parents should kick his butt to the curb..
Justme

Newport News, VA

#19 Feb 19, 2009
Wait just a minute peeps, you guys are so hard on everyone else, and now all of the sudden because he is from york county, white or whatever ya'll are saying everyone does it. I don't care if everyone does do it. I do not! Wrong is wrong and this kid is wrong.
Justme

Newport News, VA

#20 Feb 19, 2009
wsnomore wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right. Hopefully, his parents will administer some tough love, but they are not responsible for the behaviour of their 18 year old son. HE IS. He chose to deal drugs and the blame and embarrasment and punishment rest on HIS shoulders. A parent can lead a child only so far, then it's up to the young adult to make the right decisions. As for the last sentence of your comment, right again. There would be some serious damage control to repair their positions as pillars of society.
Tough love...he should have been out when he was 18, that is tough love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Agents of Corruption 54,011
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Incognito4Ever 1,252,768
Virginia Moped and Motorcycle Laws (Aug '12) Jul 5 Errr 19
News New Episcopal presiding bishop gives message of... Jul 5 RevKen 1
Robert Smith trying to take down warnings Jul 4 Madeleine 20
News Man found guilty of murder (Oct '08) Jun 30 meh 23
Review: Bell Key Properties (Aug '09) Jun 30 frustrated in VA 38
More from around the web

Newport News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Newport News Mortgages