Exclusive: Hampton cop sues city over...

Exclusive: Hampton cop sues city over move to records room

There are 4 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Aug 31, 2012, titled Exclusive: Hampton cop sues city over move to records room. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A Hampton police officer who has been stripped of her law enforcement duties is suing the city, its police chief and city manager for $5 million, contending her due process rights have been violated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

jimmyz

Hampton, VA

#1 Sep 1, 2012
You must read my stupid leadership books to understand why we do this. I did it to Officer Hall.
June Bug

Hampton, VA

#2 Sep 3, 2012
Really
toolegit2quit

Newport News, VA

#3 Sep 3, 2012
The wheels of justice in deed turn slow, but it does get it right. Hampton and Newport News are going to shell out some big $$ soon.
Funny how the police swear an oath to uphold and defend the constitutinoal riights of all people, but the police adminstration i.e. Chiefs of Police and Commonwealth's Attorneys openly violate the constitutual rights of it's own officers without regard.
See:
4th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals
Cory Hall v. City of Newport News.
An interesting read it is.
Yet the CIty continues to pay out THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of dollars to Caufman and Kanoles to defend this actions.
Seems so much simpler and cost effective to just follow the law and do what the courts have told you to do.
I mean that's what eveyone else does.
Just say'n
June Bug

Hampton, VA

#4 Sep 4, 2012
Share the wealth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Bluestater 1,234,324
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,504
News Overton, judge who oversaw Iverson's trial, dies (Jan '08) 10 hr The Antithesis 27
News Hampton officer assaulted trying to arrest man ... 17 hr cyber lightning 1
News 'Wife Swap' brings new reality to King George f... (Apr '09) May 26 Olbert 154
Robert Smith trying to take down warnings May 25 WomensRights 13
News Hampton looks for more math teachers (Aug '14) May 25 Tiffany Balendore 54
More from around the web

Newport News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]