Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1108869 Apr 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you blowing a favorite goat named Benghazi while you are posting again?
Man, this sounds like it should have been a dem post
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1108870 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that wealthy donors shouldn’t be limited in how many candidates they can contribute to during an election, though the justices did leave in place the maximum donation that can be made to a single candidate.
The ruling is certain to reignite a debate over the role of money in politics and it enraged Democrats, who argue that conservatives are dismantling the campaign finance system one ruling at a time.
But Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., in the controlling opinion in the 5-4 ruling, said that while the government has an interest in preventing corruption of federal officeholders, individuals have political rights that include being able to give to as many candidates as they want, in order to show support.
“Money in politics may at times seem repugnant to some, but so too does much of what the First Amendment vigorously protects,” the chief justice wrote.“If the First Amendment protects flag burning, funeral protests, and Nazi parades — despite the profound offense such spectacles cause — it surely protects political campaign speech despite popular opposition.”
Gee, go figure. And you are happy about this? Why?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1108871 Apr 2, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong moron! Freedom of religion doesn't include forcing your beliefs on others. One shouldn't have to leave your freedoms at the door when applying for a job. Also freedom of religion applies to individuals, not corporations.
I don't shop there. Most of their merchandise is ugly crap made in China and I can find whatever else they sell like art supplies elsewhere.
You're an idiot!
retired male government slugs are hardly the target market for Hobby Lobby.......

unless they are the artistic type.....
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1108872 Apr 2, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>work is something only dem's ugly wife is familiar with in his household. that's why she owns the only automobile that isn't a gas guzzling antique.
Adding envy and jealousy to your preexisting conditions of ugly and stupid isn't likely to help, perhaps you should attempt a woman for a change.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#1108873 Apr 2, 2014
Rock Slow wrote:
<quoted text>
I awarded you a "brilliant," "funny" and "helpful" on this one ...
(Did you know poopshoot thinks me and debil are one. And he wound up admitting he'd like to f ck us! I told him once I'd like to comb out the hair on his back with one hand while I slapped him in the back of his pointy head with the other. Watch him deny this, poorly, and to no avail ...
i'll give you a 9 for CREATIVITY.
that went over your head,didn't it, price/yield guru?

lol

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1108874 Apr 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
At the fifth GOP debate this week, moderator Wolf Blitzer asked Ron Paul, a doctor, whether someone who opts to not buy health insurance and then gets sick should be allowed to die. The crowd responded with startling shouts of "Yeah!" followed by applause, leaving even Rick Perry "taken aback." Paul's answer, while more gentle, was more or less the same. "That's what freedom is all about: taking your own risks. This whole idea that you have to take care of everybody ... " said Paul, who was cut off by clapping from the audience. While you wouldn't know it from his answer, Blizter's hypothetical probably hit close to home for Paul, whose campaign manager Kent Snyder died young of pneumonia — without insurance — in 2008.
He was just 49 years old when he died of complications from the virus on June 26, two weeks after Paul dropped out of the race. Snyder's mother was left with around $400,000 in medical costs. Paul supporters set up a donation fund to help with the debt.
Snyder was credited as "the driving force behind Ron Paul's presidential bid" in the last election, having turned "his one-man operation into a national grass-roots phenomenon that now calls itself 'The Freedom Movement.'"
That same freedom, which Paul referred to in the debate, complicated Snyder's health problems, as a preexisting condition made insurance premiums too expensive, according to Snyder's sister.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2011/09/...
so he was getting 'healthcare' and died because of the 400 thousand in bills? really?
I hate doctors they seem to be able to kill quite a few, hopefully all these 7 million will run to get 'healthcare' good thing you didn't sign up the 40,000 O'bama said he would huh? So 400 thousand dollars worth of 'health care' killed this guy? surely you jest?

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1108875 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between a $400 billion Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization Act to help the elderly afford life-saving medications that was supported by both parties and a multi-trillion dollar health care law that was passed by a strictly partisan vote creating unnecessary confusion and upheaval so one president can have his "legacy"?
Medications for the elderly - passed by both parties -$400 billion.
ObamaCare - strictly Democratic vote using back room deals -$2 trillion and counting.
We won't even go into the lies and deception or if it's even going to work or not. According to Harry Reid, it's just the first step toward single-payer. They have to create enough confusion so we will surrender.
Surely, even you can see the difference.
They would be all over Obamacare if was passed by a one party Republican vote
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1108876 Apr 2, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol just keep repeating the same old discredited crap.
Dr. Benjamin Carson may be a fine and even brilliant surgeon but that doesn't change the fact that he's a right wing ideologue that wants to force his own beliefs on the rest of the country.
By the way Carol those Democrats are being prosecuted by Obama's DOJ. So what's your point?
but, it's OK with you that Obama is a left wing ideologue who (not "that") wants to "force his own beliefs on the rest of the country"......
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1108877 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between a $400 billion Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization Act to help the elderly afford life-saving medications that was supported by both parties and a multi-trillion dollar health care law that was passed by a strictly partisan vote creating unnecessary confusion and upheaval so one president can have his "legacy"?
ObamaCare - strictly Democratic vote using back room deals -$2 trillion and counting.
We won't even go into the lies and deception or if it's even going to work or not. According to Harry Reid, it's just the first step toward single-payer. They have to create enough confusion so we will surrender.
$400?

Recall the situation in 2003. The Bush administration was already projecting the largest deficit in American history–$475 billion in fiscal year 2004, according to the July 2003 mid-session budget review. But a big election was coming up that Bush and his party were desperately fearful of losing. So they decided to win it by buying the votes of America’s seniors by giving them an expensive new program to pay for their prescription drugs.

Recall, too, that Medicare was already broke in every meaningful sense of the term. According to the 2003 Medicare trustees report, spending for Medicare was projected to rise much more rapidly than the payroll tax as the baby boomers retired. Consequently, the rational thing for Congress to do would have been to find ways of cutting its costs. Instead, Republicans voted to vastly increase them–and the federal deficit–by $395 billion between 2004 and 2013.

However, the Bush administration knew this figure was not accurate because Medicare’s chief actuary, Richard Foster, had concluded, well before passage, that the more likely cost would be $534 billion. Tom Scully, a Republican political appointee at the Department of Health and Human Services, threatened to fire him if he dared to make that information public before the vote.(See this report by the HHS inspector general and this article by Foster.)

It’s important to remember that the congressional budget resolution capped the projected cost of the drug benefit at $400 billion over 10 years. If there had been an official estimate from Medicare’s chief actuary putting the cost at well more than that, then the legislation could have been killed by a single member in either the House or Senate by raising a point of order. Then-Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, R-Miss., later said he regretted not doing so.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/19/republican-b...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1108878 Apr 2, 2014
47,000 people are with out insurance today. Mission Accomplished by O'bama and the democrats.
Patrick

United States

#1108879 Apr 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
note that the lefties rarely defend Obama's low interest rate scam, which has destroyed the incomes and lives of senior citizens.....
Which government job do you hold, tell us again?

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1108881 Apr 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me farm boy, dem happens to have powers that mortal men and women simply do not possess. Trust me, I'm doing you a favor. Already, unbeknownst to you he has converted you into a very small dic with a vey small head, and slowely but surely he is draining that small head until there is nothing left but sheepshit, how in the world do you think Waxman and Fetch got like they are? Run man, collect your pet goat named Banghazi and flee while you can. If I even get caught warning you I could be severely punished.
LOL, everyday is April Fool's today to you?

Careful there Ghost-you are getting to rattled. Rein in the emotions or it will be all out there.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108882 Apr 2, 2014
Progressives love to live large...

"Hawaii Obamacare Spent More Per Enrollee Than a New BMW"

'...Obama's home state of Hawaii's Obamacare exchange spent $35,749 per enrollee...'

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1108883 Apr 2, 2014
Day not Today
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108884 Apr 2, 2014
No wonder Liberals need free insurance...

"When analyzing the frequency of chronic diseases, we found
significantly higher cancer incidence rates in vegetarians than in
subjects with other dietary habits..."

http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchObject.ac...
Patrick

United States

#1108885 Apr 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Proud of President George Bush
leading the way to Obamacare.

in fact Romney did his part in Mass.

It is the largest expansion of Medicare since the program was created in 1965, though most of its provisions won't take effect for several years.

The drug benefit, for example, does not take effect until 2006. Before that, seniors will be able to purchase a discount card that could provide a 10 to 25 percent off prescription drugs.

"Our nation has made a promise, a solemn promise, to America's seniors," Bush said.

"We have pledged to help our citizens

find affordable medical care in the later years of life."

"These reforms are the act of a vibrant

and compassionate government," Bush said.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1108886 Apr 2, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>see what i men, folks??? never original.
and the mullet thinks he scores points with this lame writing.
"i men"??? I think originality might be the least of your problems with dem, the Benghazi/IRA/birfer/ACR slayer.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1108887 Apr 2, 2014
Liberals and vegans....

two peas in a pod!!!!!

'...or one thing, the mental health diagnoses were determined not by answers to typical questionnaires, but by a full clinical interview using psychologists or physicians, lasting an average of 65 minutes each.(Pretty impressive, considering there were over 4,000 participants in the population-based study).'

what they found>>>>> >>>>

>>>>>>> >"... the risk of mental disorders in vegetarians really shot up, with odds ratios hovering around 2 fold increased risk, some as high as 3 fold."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolution...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1108888 Apr 2, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
the wonderful gubbymint...
"EPA Human Study Subjects"
forgot to warn them about cancer risks...
'The EPA obtained informed consent from the 81 human study subjects before exposing them to pollutants. While the consent forms met the requirements of 40 CFR Part 26, we found that exposure risks were not always consistently represented. Further, the EPA did not include information on long-term cancer risks in its diesel exhaust studies’ consent forms. An EPA manager considered these long-term risks minimal for short-term study exposures. We believe presenting consistent information about risks further ensures that study subjects can make the most informed choice about participating in a study."
http://www.scribd.com/doc/215909101/EPA-Human...
This seems hauntingly like the syphilis studies of the past.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1108889 Apr 2, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Captain....
"Bless You..."
Just a minute ago you were hating on religion?
And just what does wishing someone to be blessed have to do with religion? Now if you ask me about your God I would say that he more than likely is a phagg like a lot of Righties are. only weak, simple minded people believe because that's what they have been told and by giving up the ability for self thinking. In other words programmed minions. That's how Republicans orginated...It's also a natural thing to believe that there is a supreme being and a hear after. Aint going to happen. Christopher Hitchins [a man that I admired ] who passed away a couple years ago, who was an atheist was asked on one of his TV shows if he was afraid of dying being an atheist and all..His response was ["No not really the earth was here a couple billion years before I was born and that didn't inconvenience me at all".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min SpaceBlues 48,434
at Phoebus high 4 yrs, no football title,lost 35-0 19 hr Murugan 2
disability vs. welfare (Nov '07) 19 hr Murugan 38
16-year-old wanted for Newport News homicide (Dec '09) Fri momwife4ever 13
Hampton looks for more math teachers Thu Hamptonian 13
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) Thu Hamptonian 762
shop with a cop application Nov 16 fryercrystal 1
Newport News Dating
Find my Match

Newport News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newport News News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newport News