More than 100 Hampton police officers want back overtime, other pay

Jul 2, 2014 Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press 12

More than 100 Hampton police officers have joined a claim for back overtime and other pay from the Hampton Police Division, asserting the city owes them money going back several years, a lawyer on the case says.

Full Story
Robert

United States

#1 Jul 2, 2014
Funny. Now cops get to feel the way all Hampton tax payers felt while getting screwed in traffic court as they lied their ass off.
Mikey

Marcus Hook, PA

#2 Jul 4, 2014
Robert wrote:
Funny. Now cops get to feel the way all Hampton tax payers felt while getting screwed in traffic court as they lied their ass off.
seriously, I chuckled when I saw that in the Daily Press. Imagine, all the future judges trying a class action suit @ 236 King Street? Not to mention the 150 cops. The 7-11 stores will go,broke.
meh

Gloucester, VA

#3 Jul 4, 2014
...and this has what to do with Gloucester?

NOTHING!

Put it in the Newport News section then.
wow

Hampton, VA

#4 Jul 4, 2014
I think they've probably already been compensated with all the free food they get from hanging out and eating at fast food local restaurants.
Herbie

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jul 4, 2014
wow wrote:
I think they've probably already been compensated with all the free food they get from hanging out and eating at fast food local restaurants.
Funny,,,but that's true about food stops. I'm not sure, but the Pizza Hut dine in buffet on Mercury near the NN,HPT border, gives free all u can eat. That's easily 7 or 8 bills a day. Adds up. I bet that Pizza Hut never had a health code violation in 25 years.
wow

Hampton, VA

#6 Jul 5, 2014
My employer doesn't allow me a take home car where I have access to gas purchased by the city to run personal errands.
Hamptonian

United States

#7 Jul 5, 2014
wow wrote:
My employer doesn't allow me a take home car where I have access to gas purchased by the city to run personal errands.
Police really don't prevent crimes, maybe 5 %, but show up after the event. Most are overweight imo, due to sitting. For the most part, they just write reports, direct traffic, and keep a note pad for traffic targets, just in case someone decides to fight the tkt. Basically glorified security guards. I stopped calling 911 years ago unless it's fire or rescue.
Sure

Hopewell, VA

#8 Jul 7, 2014
Herbie wrote:
<quoted text> Funny,,,but that's true about food stops. I'm not sure, but the Pizza Hut dine in buffet on Mercury near the NN,HPT border, gives free all u can eat. That's easily 7 or 8 bills a day. Adds up. I bet that Pizza Hut never had a health code violation in 25 years.
Hey idiot health inspectors are federal it doesn't matter what they do for the police that protect and serve you. You know why they give the cops free stuff? So they will frequent the place and it be known that cops frequent it so chances are no one will go there to start trouble.
Hamptonian

United States

#9 Jul 7, 2014
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot health inspectors are federal it doesn't matter what they do for the police that protect and serve you. You know why they give the cops free stuff? So they will frequent the place and it be known that cops frequent it so chances are no one will go there to start trouble.
That's got to be the stupidest reply since the invention of Topix. This can't be serious, it must be sarcasm.Lol I can't stop laughing, Cops eating free at a restaurant to protect it? They use to call that extortion.
Steven

United States

#10 Jul 10, 2014
Hamptonian wrote:
<quoted text> That's got to be the stupidest reply since the invention of Topix. This can't be serious, it must be sarcasm.Lol I can't stop laughing, Cops eating free at a restaurant to protect it? They use to call that extortion.
as a resident, tax payer (Hampton), I resent the commonwealth of Virginia and Hampton allowing its workers(police) to sue us, Hampton. As for tickets, I have one in 10 years.Guess when and where? Not--beerjoint, Friday night,ghetto,night at Oxford apts,,,,It was Sunday morning driving to church on Settlers Landing Bridge going downhill doing 35 in the 25. True folks. The HPD had LIDAR Radar in a 25 zone DOWNHILL, Sunday morning catching church goers. Ok, fine, but where are these tough girls at on,Friday nights in high crime ridden areas? Now, go to Krispy Kreame,, make sure to park,behind the bldg.
Steven

United States

#11 Jul 10, 2014
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a Federal,crime,IE Extortion. In other words, no free food, no cover. This calls for an investigation.
Doug

United States

#12 Jul 11, 2014
Hamptonian wrote:
<quoted text> Police really don't prevent crimes, maybe 5 %, but show up after the event. Most are overweight imo, due to sitting. For the most part, they just write reports, direct traffic, and keep a note pad for traffic targets, just in case someone decides to fight the tkt. Basically glorified security guards. I stopped calling 911 years ago unless it's fire or rescue.
you are right on. Police don't patrol area like Shawn Dr where a woman was murdered. The Judges are also to blame. Look in the court records online. From the time one is charged with RES. Robbery,with a gun, it's at least 1 1/2 years or more before trial after 2 or 3 appointed lawyers and continuances. It's a joke at the Pembroke Jail Annex. Play cards all night, sleep all day, 3 meals a day, talk shyt with the sheriffs....but HPD is a hopeless case like Nnpd,,,ppl say, don't dial 911 then, I don't. Most probably don't know their way through the city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Patriot AKA Bozo 50,519
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Signed up Tinka 1,174,896
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) Fri John H Bell 766
john quarstein is innocent (Feb '13) Fri Played4Fool 3
Dominion Virginia rate increase approved (Jun '08) Jan 27 Jimmy Lee 21
2015, Hampton has a huge influx of motorcycles,... Jan 27 Jimmy Lee 4
How can I get robotic Topic luke, " Barack Obam... Jan 27 Jimmy Lee 4
Newport News Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Newport News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance