LED traffic signal lamps last longer, save money in Hampton Roads cities

Dec 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

Not long ago, if you opened the red, yellow or green lens of a traffic signal light in Newport News or Hampton , you would find a 135-watt incandescent bulb, like one you might use at home, set in a bowl-shaped reflector.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Still kind of cranky that real estate taxes went up by ~20% this year...
So when city officials talk about saving taxpayer money.., not sure how that computes...
Serpico

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Just buy 'photo blocker/clear and spray both plates' or use plastic and/or tinted plate covers.
This is not so you can hop lights but to fight the no due process of corruption.
Larry

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Serpico wrote:
Just buy 'photo blocker/clear and spray both plates' or use plastic and/or tinted plate covers.
This is not so you can hop lights but to fight the no due process of corruption.
The Virginia Constitution requires 'Due Process' Red light tickets sent in the mail provides NO Due Process. Unconstitutional.
On Jefferson Ave too

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

I seldom drive on the Peninsula, but had to recently - driving westbound - on Jefferson (west of Rich Neck Rd) in mid-morning.

I had a horrible time telling if the light was red, yellow or green! I thought it was the way the sun was shining on it!
I was afraid I'd be hit from behind (if no one else was slowing or stopping)- or from the side if 'my' light was red!!
I've never had that much trouble at traffic lights anywhere else!
I hope they get rid of those type of lights!
Code

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Larry wrote:
<quoted text>The Virginia Constitution requires 'Due Process' Red light tickets sent in the mail provides NO Due Process. Unconstitutional.
Virginia code requires 'due process.' The red lights are 100% unconstitutional as also stated in the U.S. Constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Newport News Forum right now

Search the Newport News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,071,369
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr SpaceBlues 45,437
Why do some boys wear their pants low below the... (Jul '08) 6 hr Shane 112
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) 11 hr Bryan 2,289
Football, basketball all-star game schedule cha... 15 hr Tabb 1
Influential panel recommends depression screeni... (Mar '09) Tue HumanSpirit 6
Review: Dodd RV Of The Peninsula Tue Nate 1
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Newport News County was issued at July 10 at 1:35PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Newport News Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Newport News Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••