Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 50,449
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48568 Jul 4, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. just another ditto head.
'69 is all those things and then just lost allegedly immensely in gambling..

See its obsession with uncertainty analysis? But then its alleged addiction spells certainty.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48569 Jul 4, 2014
Pro global warming wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll. This forum is about global warming.
So, what's the problem?

You certainly are no "pro" but just another non-pro denier, obviously.

Psst you did not get it, right?
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#48570 Jul 4, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>So, what's the problem?
The "problem" is that you keep puffing out more CO2 while whining everyone needs to emit less.

A hypocrite... a total hypocrite.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48571 Jul 4, 2014
mememine69 wrote:
You goose stepping Climate Blame "believers" are cowardly and hateful child abusing gambling addicts who bet your own children's lives on a failed long range weather forecast just because you hissy-fit hate "neocons" so much for having opposing views.
You have changed so much.

What happened to your "mental" issues?

P.S. Long-range forecasting is easier, lonely '69.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#48572 Jul 4, 2014
zzz wrote:
All these alarmist are worried over CO2 and other global warming so-called triggers... is even one of them worried about the increased activity of volcanoes?
I haven't heard a peep yet have you?
They would probably suggest 'mufflers, filters, and catalytic converters been installed posthaste on all world volcanoes!
Academia and the scientific community have a history of glomming onto a premise and sticking to it, no matter the problems it presents or the evidence against it. Darwinism is a good case in point.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#48573 Jul 4, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You have changed so much.
You haven't.

Still the same blowhard global warming hypocrite you've always been.

**poof**
Ice Scientist

Chatsworth, CA

#48575 Jul 5, 2014
This should make the warmies a bit less nervous about the future.
==========
Global warming computer models confounded as Antarctic sea ice hits new record high with 2.1million square miles more than is usual for time of year
Ice is covering 16million sq km, more than 2.1&#8201;million more than is usual for time of year
UN computer models on which scientists base projections say Antarctic ice should be in decline, not increasing
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48576 Jul 5, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Academia and the scientific community have a history of glomming onto a premise and sticking to it, no matter the problems it presents or the evidence against it. Darwinism is a good case in point.
Creationists are glued to their delusions regardless of evidence.

Oh settled science is based on evidence, LOL.
Slow joe

Clarksville, TN

#48577 Jul 5, 2014
Odd that the self destruction to the environment by the species is contra Darwinian self preservation- not sure how the species could be destroying itself while trying to preserve itself
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#48578 Jul 5, 2014
Ice Scientist wrote:
This should make the warmies a bit less nervous about the future.
==========
Global warming computer models confounded as Antarctic sea ice hits new record high with 2.1million square miles more than is usual for time of year
Ice is covering 16million sq km, more than 2.1&#8201;million more than is usual for time of year
UN computer models on which scientists base projections say Antarctic ice should be in decline, not increasing
Don't lie but cut out food waste..

"If food was as expensive as a Ferrari, we would polish it and look after it."

Instead, we waste staggering amounts.

So says Professor Per Pinstrup-Andersen, head of an independent panel of experts advising the UN's Food and Agricultural Organization on how to tackle the problem.

Some 40% of all the food produced in the United States is never eaten. In Europe, we throw away 100 million tonnes of food every year.

And yet there are one billion starving people in the world.

The FAO's best guess is that one third of all food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted before it is eaten.
litesong

Everett, WA

#48579 Jul 5, 2014
NOT ice scientist wrote:
Antarctic sea ice hits new record high
Of course, "NOT ice scientist" ain't no scientist, or it would know AGW scientists predicted increased Antarctic sea ice in 2002, confirmed in 2005 & as sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars continually point out, as if it wasn't an AGW scientists' prediction.
Love the facts

Chatsworth, CA

#48580 Jul 5, 2014
Ice Scientist wrote:
This should make the warmies a bit less nervous about the future.
==========
Global warming computer models confounded as Antarctic sea ice hits new record high with 2.1million square miles more than is usual for time of year
Ice is covering 16million sq km, more than 2.1&#8201;million more than is usual for time of year
UN computer models on which scientists base projections say Antarctic ice should be in decline, not increasing
Great post!

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#48581 Jul 5, 2014
Love the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post!
Science moves on; denial doesn't.

Much attention is paid to melting sea ice
in the Arctic. But less clear is the
situation on the other side of the planet.
Despite warmer air and oceans, there’s
more sea ice in Antarctica now than in
the 1970s – a fact often pounced on by
global warming skeptics. The latest
numbers suggest the Antarctic sea ice
may be heading toward a record high
this year.
While changes in weather may play a big
role in short-term changes in sea ice
seen in the past couple of months,
changes in winds have apparently led to
the more general upward sea ice trend
during the past few decades, according
to University of Washington research. A
new modeling study to be published in
the Journal of Climate shows that
stronger polar winds lead to an increase
in Antarctic sea ice, even in a warming
climate.

http://www.washington.edu/news/2013/09/17/str...
Washington

Los Angeles, CA

#48582 Jul 5, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Science moves on; denial doesn't.
Much attention is paid to melting sea ice
in the Arctic. But less clear is the
situation on the other side of the planet.
Despite warmer air and oceans, there’s
more sea ice in Antarctica now than in
the 1970s – a fact often pounced on by
global warming skeptics. The latest
numbers suggest the Antarctic sea ice
may be heading toward a record high
this year.
While changes in weather may play a big
role in short-term changes in sea ice
seen in the past couple of months,
changes in winds have apparently led to
the more general upward sea ice trend
during the past few decades, according
to University of Washington research. A
new modeling study to be published in
the Journal of Climate shows that
stronger polar winds lead to an increase
in Antarctic sea ice, even in a warming
climate.
http://www.washington.edu/news/2013/09/17/str...
Don't deny the COLD hard facts.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#48583 Jul 6, 2014
Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't deny the COLD hard facts.
The Antarctic sea is WARMING. Didn't you know?
litesong

Everett, WA

#48584 Jul 6, 2014
"NOT ice scientist" scribbled:
Antarctic sea ice hits new record high
//////////
litesong wrote:
Of course, "NOT ice scientist" ain't no AGW scientist, or it would know AGW scientists predicted increased Antarctic sea ice in 2002, confirmed in 2005 & as sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars continually point out, as if it wasn't an AGW scientists' prediction.
/////////
"love lies" let out:
......great post......
//////////
litesong wrote:
Of course, "love lies" loves lies , or it would know AGW scientists predicted increased Antarctic sea ice in 2002, confirmed in 2005 & as sleepy sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier liars continually point out, as if it wasn't an AGW scientists' prediction.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#48585 Jul 6, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
The Antarctic sea is WARMING. Didn't you know?
What, one tenth of a degree ever 80 years.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#48586 Jul 6, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>What, one tenth of a degree ever 80 years.
1: GLOBAL warming is NOT uniform. Nor needs to be.

2: the warming of antarctic ocean currents is somewhat moderated by the ice melt they cause.

3: The heat capacity of water is larger than air so changes in water temperature are more significant than air temperature.

4: You pulled that number out of your @ss anyway.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#48587 Jul 6, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>What, one tenth of a degree ever 80 years.
Since records began, 50 years ago, mean
annual temperatures on the Antarctic
Peninsula have risen rapidly [ Turner, et al.,
2005; Vaughan, et al., 2001; Vaughan, et al.,
2003 ]. A total increase in mean annual air
temperatures, of around 2.8 °C makes this the most rapidly warming region in the Southern Hemisphere – comparable to rapidly warming regions of the Arctic.

http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/bas_research/scie...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#48588 Jul 6, 2014
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
1: GLOBAL warming is NOT uniform. Nor needs to be.
2: the warming of antarctic ocean currents is somewhat moderated by the ice melt they cause.
3: The heat capacity of water is larger than air so changes in water temperature are more significant than air temperature.
4: You pulled that number out of your @ss anyway.
Too bad you can't prove any of that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min USAsince1680 1,173,804
Dominion Virginia rate increase approved (Jun '08) Tue Jimmy Lee 21
2015, Hampton has a huge influx of motorcycles,... Tue Jimmy Lee 4
How can I get robotic Topic luke, " Barack Obam... Tue Jimmy Lee 4
Nevada brothel looking for gigolos, hoping to w... (Jun '09) Jan 26 Peter Goesinya 7
Hampton looks for more math teachers Jan 21 Hampton Handyman 44
Review: Andleton Management (Jan '09) Jan 17 Thomas 30
Newport News Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Newport News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:34 pm PST