Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60675 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#45160 Mar 27, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The patience of Job...
You deserve an 'atta boy' for trying to decipher litesong's rambling incoherence.
While I agree that it's nothing but government 'feel good' actions to use ethanol blends, his explanation about how this folly came to be has seriously gone off the reservation.
And he drives a car on the same roads as we do?
Yikes!.
My point is that they always act as if the EPA, NASA, and IPCC are sacred...and can do no wrong.

Why trust corrupt organizations (which they all are to some degree) when they can't get their act straight here on the ground to get it right in the atmosphere?
litesong

Everett, WA

#45162 Mar 27, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ", "middleofthedownwronggull y" ]you haven't seemed to substantiate your claims i asked about!
pretty revealing, huh, shug?[/QUOTE]

"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" is a piece of trash!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45163 Mar 27, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" is a piece of trash!
what did i tell you about keeping your emotions in check, son?
litesong

Everett, WA

#45164 Mar 27, 2014
[QUOTE who="ritedownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"]what did i tell you about keeping your emotions in check.....?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you keep trailing around after me like an emotional puppy dog. I won't get emotional about petting you, you sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.

"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y"
litesong

Everett, WA

#45165 Mar 27, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"]...you haven't seemed to substantiate your claims i asked about!
pretty revealing, huh, shug?[/QUOTE]

I posted a website showing a 50% ethanol over-blending & that post was removed. Why would you do that?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45167 Mar 28, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you keep trailing around after me like an emotional puppy dog. I won't get emotional about petting you, you sleazy slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.
"ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y" earns its name, "ratdownthemiddle", "middleofthedownwronggull y"
how does my pointing out your double standards make me a racist? are you black and just used to playing that card?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45168 Mar 28, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a website showing a 50% ethanol over-blending & that post was removed. Why would you do that?
i've never tried to have a post removed.....so i don't even know how to go about doing something like that. find the website again!!! i never saw it. if i'm bothering you just quit responding....

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#45169 Mar 28, 2014
How many remaining climate blame "believers" does it take to change a light bulb?
None, because climate change "believers" choose to remain in the dark about science's 32 year old consensus of nothing beyond; "could be" and “95%”.
So don't tell innocent children that science "believes" as much as you do that THE END IS NEAR and we need SAVE THE PLANET.
Now who's the neocon?
litesong

Everett, WA

#45170 Mar 28, 2014
me me me getting mine in the 69 position wrote:
How many .....AGW advocates does it take to change a light bulb?
How many remaining sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW deniers does it take to change a light bulb? Three. Zero to change the burned-out bulb & three to deny it needs changing.

sleazy, slimy, steenking toxic topix AGW deniers love the dark, with no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in poorly(or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45171 Mar 28, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"]how..... make me a racist? are you black and just used to playing that card?[/QUOTE]

You haven't been on toxic topix AGW forums long.

No one, as aggressively as you did, raced to the the defense of sleazy, slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45172 Mar 28, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
No one, as aggressively as you did, raced to the the defense of sleazy, slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs.
say whaaaat??
LOL

i've been here long enough to know you have double standards regarding GHG emissions.

alarmists seem to always have the mentality of 'do as i say...not as i do'.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45173 Mar 28, 2014
[QUOTE who="litesong" [/QUOTE]

Loon

(proven over and over again)
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45174 Mar 28, 2014
Out of curiosity, I took a look at the Topix Global Warming threads:

Scrolling through the first 10 pages of posts (up to 1000), I see 'Hype', litesong, and Spaceballs have the 'last word' on thread after thread after thread. They also have the only post on many, many threads as well.

So... if using a computer contributes CO2 then would they not be hypocrites for emitting all that CO2 whiles screeching it's a "crisis"?

LOL

Take a look yourself...

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#45175 Mar 28, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>say whaaaat??
LOL
i've been here long enough to know you have double standards regarding GHG emissions.
alarmists seem to always have the mentality of 'do as i say...not as i do'.
If it weren't for double standards, warmists would have none at all.

LOL

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45176 Mar 28, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Out of curiosity, I took a look at the Topix Global Warming threads:
Scrolling through the first 10 pages of posts (up to 1000), I see 'Hype', litesong, and Spaceballs have the 'last word' on thread after thread after thread. They also have the only post on many, many threads as well.
So... if using a computer contributes CO2 then would they not be hypocrites for emitting all that CO2 whiles screeching it's a "crisis"?
LOL
Take a look yourself...
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
WOW!!!!
Talk about hypocritical polluters.
They have no shame!
LMAO
Why so many wasteful threads when they rant about the same BS?
Global alarmism is a mental disorder.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45177 Mar 28, 2014
[QUOTE who="ratdownthemiddle ","middleofthedownwr onggully"]double standards regarding GHG emissions.[/QUOTE]

Even you AGREED with me that 100% gasoline is environmental. But you do use anything you can, to twist into a sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier pretzel, so you can stick your nose in the air. Unlike Pinocchio's lengthening nose tho, your wooden sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier arguments keep getting cut down by science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc that you never had in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45178 Mar 28, 2014
motheaten wrote:
I see 'LessHypeMoreFact', litesong, and Spaceblues have the 'last word' on thread after thread after thread.
Haven't even been half tryin'......"motheaten " can be our compiler & do our biographies.

NOT a good idea, tho. Everything "motheaten" is involved in ...... becomes "motheaten".
gcaveman1

Carrollton, TX

#45179 Mar 28, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see that you have avoided the landslide. A truly tragic event.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#45180 Mar 28, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Even you AGREED with me that 100% gasoline is environmental. But you do use anything you can, to twist into a sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier pretzel, so you can stick your nose in the air. Unlike Pinocchio's lengthening nose tho, your wooden sleazy, slimy steenking toxic topix AGW denier arguments keep getting cut down by science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc that you never had in your poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
before criticizing other posters lack of academic achievements (which you would have to admit you haven't a clue about).....maybe you should brush up on economics and understand why more available 100% gasoline wouldn't necessarily help bring down prices for it.

just admit you don't understand, son. just realize that government organizations get it wrong much of the time. THEN....you might understand why some of us don't make knee jerk reactions to your fifth grade mentality demands.
litesong

Everett, WA

#45181 Mar 28, 2014
motheaten wrote:
Loon
The clear, valley blanketing, blue tones of the Loon, declare the coming of man's machines, emissions, & detrimental changes unpredicted, unwanted & unnecessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Obama is a joke 1,406,506
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) 23 hr Jackson H 812
News New fishing pier opens in Newport News (Jul '08) Fri Mr Disbelief 47
Hampton Now 😶 Jul 28 Jackson 10
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Jul 28 Mike Bowman 3
York County INSIDER - disgruntled people (Sep '08) Jul 27 J TYLER 194
News Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Jul 24 TheGambler 12

Newport News Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport News Mortgages