Next Last
Crocs

Lexington, KY

#1 Aug 9, 2011
What's new this year?
Backspace

Hamilton, OH

#2 Aug 9, 2011
A couple of principals, but not enough teachers.
tape

Delaware, OH

#3 Aug 9, 2011
Principal that is still here is a joke. Not sure why he wasn't shown the door.
Primary mom

Lexington, KY

#4 Aug 9, 2011
We met the new principal and we like her alot.
Newport High

Lexington, KY

#5 Aug 10, 2011
Where is new principal from? Did the state hire him or Newport people?
Wake Up Call

Nova Friburgo, Brazil

#6 Aug 10, 2011
Many are asking why one man is allowed to run the district? He creates jobs on his own just like former super. No board approval required. Guess he learned from the best. School Board WAKE UP!!!!
knows a little

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Aug 10, 2011
I think all applications were sent to the KDE and they narrowed the list and sent it back to Newport to be decided on, based on their (KDE)selections. So all decisions were not made by the Superintendent, Advisory Council, school board, whomever... only the final decision. At least that's how I heard it...
does not know enough

Loveland, OH

#8 Aug 11, 2011
It was just the opposite, actually. The district narrowed down the candidates for the high school principal to their top three choices. KDE then interviewed those three and made the selection. At the primary school, the new principal was choose by the site-based council.
knows a little

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Aug 11, 2011
thanks for the clarification.. :)
get over it

AOL

#10 Aug 20, 2011
I think High school pricipal is a good choice. i think the school is doing its best so far. Give the Newport Schools a chance lets see how things fall into place lets look towards the future to see what happens give it a shot lets go Wildcats you know all you can make it a great place. Give praise for effort folks.
confused

Port William, OH

#11 Aug 21, 2011
So why have so many of the teachers left the intermediate school? My daughter started 5th grade this year and I was sad to say that I had never even heard of any of the 5th grade teachers. What happened??
Mhmm

United States

#12 Aug 21, 2011
confused wrote:
So why have so many of the teachers left the intermediate school? My daughter started 5th grade this year and I was sad to say that I had never even heard of any of the 5th grade teachers. What happened??
Same thing with my son at the H.S., all of his teachers are new except for one.
hopeful

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Sep 10, 2011
I have heard things are better in all the schools this year, hope this is true, I know it is true at NPS--my daughter is having a great year--so far--hope it continues.
beetee

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Sep 11, 2011
Things are WORSE at all the schools this year
how true

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Sep 11, 2011
beetee wrote:
Things are WORSE at all the schools this year
What is worse your child has to go by rules now
kywoman

Delaware, OH

#16 Sep 16, 2011
Hey Ft. Mitchell, stop talking to yourself.
hopeful

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Sep 17, 2011
FYI Everyone who posts from Ft. Mitchell is not the same person! DUH!
kywoman

Delaware, OH

#18 Oct 5, 2011
You're so obvious.
nptwildcat mom

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#19 Oct 7, 2011
I have heard a lot of positives this year too at the high school. I hope it keeps up - our children deserve the best!
NewportHSstudent

Newport, KY

#20 Oct 28, 2011
Everything is way better. The uniforms, the new teaching staff, and especially the new principal. And im pretty sure its the same for the primary and intermediate schools as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Room share Covington, Newport, Bellevue.. Thu Kayne Twitty 5
Who know's william brown/turtle Thu Kayne Twitty 4
Don Huber (Jan '10) Thu Roy Holtz 93
the tea party has been selling drugs Jun 20 opie 1
NKY Med Clinic (Aug '15) Jun 20 Patient 0 12
Hayley mccintosh (Nov '13) Jun 20 Wally world 54
Looking for Paul Templeton Jun 18 Wondering 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages