Overdose drug deaths
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

AOL

#1 Aug 7, 2011
There has been a jump in the amount of overdose drug deaths in Newport lately. I just find the names of these victims very curious: a retired police officer, a man involved in a major drug arrest a few years ago and recently out of prison and young people with addresses in Newport who are somehow connected.
Just very curious. I not going to name names, their families have been through enough.
3menandalittlela dy

Ft Mitchell, KY

#2 Aug 7, 2011
It is not just Newport, they are all over Northern Kentucky. There have been several in Dayton as well.
hmmm

Williamsburg, KY

#3 Sep 4, 2011
I heard the dealers are cutting the heroine with something.
Very sad

AOL

#4 Nov 25, 2011
And it's getting worse in Newport very sad there has been alot in one month of Nov. 2011. if you can if you have a loved one hooked on herion get them help if not it's only a matter of time you will be burying your loved one.
Sad indeed

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Nov 25, 2011
There are all over Northern ky, Newport, dayton,ludlow and Ft.Thomas, They all seem to be connected with the same people, It's time the drug dealers start going down as also, If anyone knows of a drug dealer turn them in, or your loved one could be next, There was just another one today,
ItIsAllTrue

Chickasha, OK

#6 Nov 26, 2011
Don't shoot junk in your arm and you won't die. Problem solved.

“Frontline Of RainbowCoalition”

Since: Feb 08

newport,ky

#7 Nov 26, 2011
Sad indeed wrote:
There are all over Northern ky, Newport, dayton,ludlow and Ft.Thomas, They all seem to be connected with the same people, It's time the drug dealers start going down as also, If anyone knows of a drug dealer turn them in, or your loved one could be next, There was just another one today,
As long as junkies want their fix and there are prohibition-inflated profits, it's not going to do a damn thing. I'm not a believer in enforcing morals because that's not how a free society works but if you're going to try to eliminate a problem by force then you have to go for the head, which is mainly the pharmaceutical companies, and physicians. It seems the only way for a physician to be held accountable is if their client was a famous gold digger or child molester.
Sad indeed

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Nov 26, 2011
What do doctors have to do with anything? They are not getting the drugs from doctors,They are getting them from the scum ball dealers who use these kids for there own good, friends of friends or friends are dying, You think there isn't a connection here? I would say there is, Even if we take one drug dealer off the street that may save some lifes, Anynone can say Don't shoot junk in your arm and you won't die but they say once you do it your hooked, So easier said than done my brother
ItIsAllTrue

Chickasha, OK

#9 Nov 27, 2011
Sad indeed wrote:
Anynone can say Don't shoot junk in your arm and you won't die but they say once you do it your hooked, So easier said than done my brother
Don't do it the first time, and you won't get hooked. Another problem solved!!!

newport,ky

#10 Nov 27, 2011
Sad indeed wrote:
What do doctors have to do with anything?
It happens but their aren't many people that just decide out of the blue that it's a good idea to do heroin. Most opiate addictions start at the bottom and work their way up from Vicodin/Percocet, to morphine, then Oxycontin, and finally to heroin. The difference between oxy's and heroin is only one chemical so it's usually only a matter of preference for the abuser. Last time I checked there was more overdoses attributed to Oxy's than heroin but medical marijuana is bad, mmmmmkay? The people making the real profits are at the top like with everything else and the people at the bottom are so desperate that anyone jailed is just going to be replaced. The only way you are ever going to see hard drug use decrease is when truth trumps profits. End prohibition, take the money out it, and give kids a fact-based education instead of the scary bullshit propaganda that's been being used for at least ninety years now ineffectively.

As far as THE KIDS go, benzodiazepines lead a lot of people into pain pills and those are actually being pushed on kids. Schools are like the middleman for psychiatrist by repeatedly referring peopleís kids because they lack ability to keep control. So down the road you got an adult that canít afford to see a doctor and who's body/mind is addicted to benzos or amphetamines. You don't think they might try to buy it illegally do you? Benzodiazepines are one of only 3 known drugs that can cause death from physical withdrawal so you really canít blame the person seeking to buy them illegally, beside the fact that itís none of the governments business in the first place. The government is creating future generations of addicts, arresting them and keeping them poor once they get out. You got court costs, jail fees, probation, shitty "treatment" programs, and no way of paying for it because nobody hires felons. So you get thrown back in jail for failure to pay, or pissing dirty, probably end up in some type of illegal activity to make ends meet when you get out and the cycle continues. Whenís the last time you helped somebody by robbing them and locking them in a room with a bunch of shitty people?

Ibogaine is a psychoactive drug that has had a pretty impressive success rate for treating addiction that isnít addictive its self like methadone but is of course highly illegal in this great country. I know itís legal in Mexico and Iím pretty sure Canada but thatís an impossible trip to make for most people seeking help. Who wants to go to Mexico anymore anyway with how crazy the drug cartels have gotten which also wouldnít exist if it werenít for the prohibition in this country. Dimethyltryptamine is another substance that is actually naturally produced in some unknown part of the human body (thought to be the pineal gland) that has had great success in treating addiction and overcoming traumatic experiences like rape. It is also illegal in this country by the way, despite traces being found in all sorts of living things including us.

newport,ky

#11 Nov 27, 2011
Itís not about public interest, itís about making money, and there are a lot of people happy that the media still has people like you convinced that itís the drug dealers they need to stop because they know dealers are replaced as fast as they go. Whoís bringing this shit in to the country (refer to Mike Rupert)? Do you know where the precursors to heroin come from (refer to Google)? Whose soldiers are guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan (hint: Ours)? Who is flooding the black market with opiates? Iíd put money on it that if you could count the scripts written and the drugs on the street that things wouldnít add up. Accountability is the biggest problem we have in this country but people are finally waking up and calling out this corporatist bullshit so there may be some hope in the future. Until then people need to do their own research so they can avoid falling into addiction and properly educate their kids or better yet not take their kids to people with a license to contribute to minors.

That's why physicians are a big part of the problem and then some..back to Crysis

newport,ky

#12 Nov 27, 2011
Sad indeed wrote:
What do doctors have to do with anything?
The first part of response didn't show up.

It happens but their aren't many people that just decide out of the blue that it's a good idea to do heroin. Most opiate addictions start at the bottom and work their way up from Vicodin/Percocet, to morphine, then Oxycontin, and finally to heroin. The difference between oxy's and heroin is only one chemical so it's usually only a matter of preference for the abuser. Last time I checked there was more overdoses attributed to Oxy's than heroin but medical marijuana is bad, mmmmmkay? The people making the real profits are at the top like with everything else and the people at the bottom are so desperate that anyone jailed is just going to be replaced. The only way you are ever going to see hard drug use decrease is when truth trumps profits. End prohibition, take the money out it, and give kids a fact-based education instead of the scary bullshit propaganda that's been being used for at least ninety years now ineffectively.

As far as THE KIDS go, benzodiazepines lead a lot of people into pain pills and those are actually being pushed on kids. Schools are like the middleman for psychiatrist by repeatedly referring peopleís kids because they lack ability to keep control. So down the road you got an adult that canít afford to see a doctor and who's body/mind is addicted to benzos or amphetamines. You don't think they might try to buy it illegally do you? Benzodiazepines are one of only 3 known drugs that can cause death from physical withdrawal so you really canít blame the person seeking to buy them illegally, beside the fact that itís none of the governments business in the first place. The government is creating future generations of addicts, arresting them and keeping them poor once they get out. You got court costs, jail fees, probation, shitty "treatment" programs, and no way of paying for it because nobody hires felons. So you get thrown back in jail for failure to pay, or pissing dirty, probably end up in some type of illegal activity to make ends meet when you get out and the cycle continues. Whenís the last time you helped somebody by robbing them and locking them in a room with a bunch of shitty people?

Ibogaine is a psychoactive drug that has had a pretty impressive success rate for treating addiction that isnít addictive its self like methadone but is of course highly illegal in this great country. I know itís legal in Mexico and Iím pretty sure Canada but thatís an impossible trip to make for most people seeking help. Who wants to go to Mexico anymore anyway with how crazy the drug cartels have gotten which also wouldnít exist if it werenít for the prohibition in this country. Dimethyltryptamine is another substance that is actually naturally produced in some unknown part of the human body (thought to be the pineal gland) that has had great success in treating addiction and overcoming traumatic experiences like rape. It is also illegal in this country by the way, despite traces being found in all sorts of living things including us.

newport,ky

#13 Nov 27, 2011
Okay the forums gone crazy because it's there now.
Suspicious

AOL

#14 Nov 27, 2011
Kayne Twitty wrote:
Okay the forums gone crazy because it's there now.
Are you OK?....what are you on?

newport,ky

#15 Nov 27, 2011
Suspicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you OK?....what are you on?
the back of your mother
Sad indeed

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Nov 27, 2011
I understand what you are saying, But what I am saying, It's a never ending circle, All these kids are dying, And not a word on the news or newspaper to warn kids that this shit is bad, No education at school just all drugs are bad, Even smoking, We need to get our asses in thses schools and warn these kids and parents. Oh unless we just wait for the next one and then the next one
Hugh Jorgan

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Nov 27, 2011
This is Darwin in action. Those kids are too stupid to reproduce. It's too bad the parents of those loser kids didn't OD before they could reproduce.
Sad indeed

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Nov 27, 2011
It takes a pathetic person like you to even make a statement like this, Some parents try there hardest to protect there children, while at the same time the child is still doing it, buddy you better hope and pray your child doesn't turn to this shit,or perhaps they are and you have no clue till you get that phone call saying it's to late. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, Shame on you
Very Sad

AOL

#19 Nov 27, 2011
this can happen to anyone rich poor. it don't matter who raises these kids where they lived if they try it by peer presure thats all it takes to get started. i feel bad for people who loses there love one to this drug. I hope this cycle goes away. Anybody agree with me we need Dare program back? we had that when i was a kid and i swear it helped me stay away from drugs.
tell it like it is

Maysville, KY

#20 Nov 27, 2011
well one off the streets matthew edwards he in jail ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taylor Mill Jukebox (Jul '12) Thu Musikologist 15
Prostitutes In Florence (Jul '12) Mar 22 Jack32670 73
Tasha Seibert back to old ways Mar 14 Tasha 1
Parents beware of 18 yr old boys at Campbell co... Mar 14 Beware 1
Slum Lords in Newport Ky (Mar '11) Mar 12 thekid 61
Hayley mccintosh (Nov '13) Mar 10 Just sayin 67
Kenton County deputy jailer/salary/hourly (Jan '13) Mar 10 Paul 24

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance