What a joke

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Newport hired Rod Snapp as their new boys basketball head coach. Snapp takes over for Aric Russell who was going to retire and then decided to take the Campbell County coaching job.

Snapp was the freshman coach at Dixie Heights for the last four years.

This is a big loss for Dixie as Snapp was likely the best coach in the program and the one that many wanted to be the next head coach for the Colonels. He brings an in-your-face type style of coaching to Newport but also does a great job of relating to his players. Also expect to see the Wildcats really pick up their defensive intensity under their new coach.

The cupboard is pretty bare at Newport despite coming off a season in which they won the 9th Region tournament. Snapp will have to work hard to build the program back up and continue to get players to come out for the basketball team.

***What they forgot to mention is that he has one agenda......his son! Horrible job hiring him. Other coaches I have talked to couldn't believe newport hired this guy.
Informed

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Who is his son? Why is he bad?
Mark Goetz

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

HIs son is a 8th grader and that coach told me he is starting him varsity next year. And him and his assistants have to do a much better job of recruiting. have you seen the newest recruit. lol. if i was still in charge of reviewing the transfers I would have kicked snapp right in the nuts.
Why

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2011

Why is newport playing in these soft tournaments? The team is not getting anything out of these cheap wins. Whenever they play a half decent team they get waxed....they need to take a look at this coach and his staff.....They have talent but they look so out of control, like their coach who is running and stomping his feet up and down the side line. He went as far to shove one of his players in the back as the player was unsure if he was in or out of the game. this coach is poison go to a game and watch the circus!!!
You Know

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Why wrote:
Why is newport playing in these soft tournaments? The team is not getting anything out of these cheap wins. Whenever they play a half decent team they get waxed....they need to take a look at this coach and his staff.....They have talent but they look so out of control, like their coach who is running and stomping his feet up and down the side line. He went as far to shove one of his players in the back as the player was unsure if he was in or out of the game. this coach is poison go to a game and watch the circus!!!
Because the coach can't compete with "basketball" teams.
Booster

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Newport beat Bellevue by 4. lets roll !!!!! Rack up those "big" wins coach. you're doing a bang up job
NewportHSstudent

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Judged:

SNAPP IS THE MAN!
moneygame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Snapp and the A.D.both need to Hang it up
newport here to stay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

WELL some of us are content with coach Rice. We know he is here to stay. This is not a stepping stone to something else. If you are disgrunteld be like everyone else and move out.
moneygame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

So its about Coach Rice . Listen to yourself children second coach Rice first
moneygame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

So you want the youth of Newport to be content with life .LIKE YOU CONTENT BETTER KNOWN as a LOSER
newport here to stay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

Only a loser will run their mouths and hide behind a computer. Don' be a coward lets see who you are. Or you to much of a coward.
moneygame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

that the best 'U CAN DO ' Rember be CONTENT LOSER
moneygame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Listen everyone if your from NEWPORT. YOU FIGHT YOUR ASS off IN ANY ACTIVE . Not to be content with LIVE or second . LOSER ARE CONTENT OR HAVE NO DESIRE TO DO BETTER IN LIFE .Is that the message you want the youth to get ( Mr. Content)
WOWZA

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Judged:

Food For Thought wrote:
Did you know Snapp was forced to resign from Holmes and Dixie? Pretty sad stories behind this guy and student relations/situations. Newport had to know about both of these situations. And there are many many quality coaches that want the varsity boys basketball position.
Someone come forward with the details!!!!
Concerned

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

I guess that coach should not have run kids off, looks like they are needing players now. Players quitting and others are ineligible. Even less and less fans in the stands. I wonder if the administration see's that this has gone to far with this coaching staff???
moneygame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
I guess that coach should not have run kids off, looks like they are needing players now. Players quitting and others are ineligible. Even less and less fans in the stands. I wonder if the administration see's that this has gone to far with this coaching staff???
Same as the FOOTBALL program , Replace both coachs and the A.D.. And lets not talk about the new track coach a [ Loser ]. ANYONE THAT IS FROM NEWPORT . LETS DEMAND MORE FROM THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TEACHING OR YOUTH TO BE LEADERS .Lets stop this second or third leadership . And go get first class leaders not only to coach or youth.
But to teach them to be FIRST CLASS LEADERS OFF THE COURT AND FIELD
Shaking my head

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Judged:

moneygame wrote:
<quoted text>Same as the FOOTBALL program , Replace both coachs and the A.D.. And lets not talk about the new track coach a [ Loser ]. ANYONE THAT IS FROM NEWPORT . LETS DEMAND MORE FROM THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TEACHING OR YOUTH TO BE LEADERS .Lets stop this second or third leadership . And go get first class leaders not only to coach or youth.
But to teach them to be FIRST CLASS LEADERS OFF THE COURT AND FIELD
Using 'or' instead of 'our' once I could write off as a typo. Using it twice makes me think you've got no business calling anyone else a loser.
really

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Judged:

shades of paterno and jerry sandusky? pitiful.
What

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Judged:

There is nothing wrong with the Football program.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Newport Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Newport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••