Campbell Co. constable arrested

Jun 2, 2010 Full story: Community Press & Recorder 93

Campbell County District 3 Constable Nicholas J. Wilson was arrested June 1 and charged with fourth degree assault domestic violence, a Class A misdemeanor.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
TwoBitsNewport

New Trenton, IN

#1 Jun 3, 2010
You guys all need to let up on Nicholas. C'mon we should support this fine fellow citizen. Seriously, look how savvy he is- he can fool the county and live outside his district, have fellow working taxpayers pay for his bills, and have his family and friends think he didnt attack his wife. Have any of his followers really looked into his past? There are more than this "little disagreement" (as his daddy says it) in his past. His family knows the truth but then again I'm sure this apple didnt fall far from that tree!

Not only does he steal, lie and cheat and beat his wife (pics prove this) he does it in front of the children. Ask the arresting officer.

So yes people- this menace to society is who we really want serving us!! Vote For Nicholas Wilson!! I will just like I did and so many others for his daddy last month!! lol
6/3/2010 10:16:13 PM You guys all need to let up on Nicholas. C'mon we should support this fine fellow citizen. Seriously, look how savvy he is- he can fool the county and live outside his district, have fellow working taxpayers pay for his bills, and have his family and friends think he didnt attack his wife. Have any of his followers really looked into his past? There are more than this "little disagreement" (as his daddy says it) in his past. His family knows the truth but then again I'm sure this apple didnt fall far from that tree! <br /><br />Not only does he steal, lie and cheat and beat his wife (pics prove this) he does it in front of the children. Ask the arresting officer. <br /><br />So yes people- this menace to society is who we really want serving us!! Vote For Nicholas Wilson!! I will just like I did and so many others for his daddy last month!! lol
TwoBitsNewportdi pshit

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jun 5, 2010
The arresting officer only saw a red mark on her upper arm and no other marks. She could not say what made the mark, spoke to the officer about this personally. His children were not present when him and his wife were in the disagreement they were upstairs. Where did you get he is a thief? I looked up his record at the courthouse today and found nothing on that. He has a clean record or he would not be allowed to hold the position he has. Better watch the slander on this one. You need to get the facts right first before you slander someone.
Done be quick to judge

Independence, KY

#3 Jun 5, 2010
Our county was founded on one simple principle: Innocent until proven guilty. After a trial by peers, or a judge, then one can make an intelligent statement about this incident. Personal issues with an accused person has no bearing on this case, incident, or valid opinion; which is why hearsay is not permitted "usually" in a court of law. Without being too specific, I have worked many of these types of cases and have experienced a myriad of outcomes to include the victim recanting testimony, the judge/jury dismissing charges, and of course, the person is simply found guilty. When this process is complete, the answer will be known. So until then, speculate all you want, but that’s all it will be...speculation. His position as constable has little relevance to anything, unless he is convicted. Then and only then it means he can no longer carry a firearm. Constable is also mainly a voluntary position anyway, so if guilty, what? We no longer want you to volunteer your services. Wow, that’s going to hurt.
Just The Facts

Lexington, KY

#4 Jun 5, 2010
Done be quick, I assume you mean "Don't be quick". It's obvious you're one of Nick's friends. Nick is about to be charged with drug charges and a whole TON of fraud charges, so you keep defending because you're going to look pretty foolish shortly. Nick could care about public service, he's been making an unbelievable amount of money serving evictions, summons, etc. So yes, I'd say that will hurt pretty bad. Nick thinks he's a police officer and is a danger to the community and there will be many real police officers that will testify to that fact. Bye bye Nick. You and your Dad.
TwoBitsNewport

New Trenton, IN

#5 Jun 5, 2010
Oh children- There will be some fun-filled activities coming soon!!! Might want to grab your box (or two) of tissues! lol
Dont be quick to judge

Independence, KY

#6 Jun 6, 2010
Sorry, I dont know "Nick" and it would not matter if I did. The point I was making is that the truth will be known soon enough, which I believe is the same point you just made yourself. However, what you are by your statements, besides an English Major pointing out other's mistakes and that others are in trouble; is a person who lacks basic fairness when it comes to justice. If "Nick" whomever is found guilty, then he should be convicted, then he will have been "judged" by his peers. Those are the rights of an accused person, our system of justice, and the laws of the country we live in, thank God. Equally so, you have the right to your opinions, but as stated incorrectly by me before, but is now corrected (thanks by the way), dont be too quick to judge. This was my only point to my statement, not to defend "Nick" but our system of justic, for again, I dont know him, what he is accused of, or whether or not he is even guilty. If found guilty for his crimes, then goodbye Nick, good ridance. Hope this clears things up for you.
what facts

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Jun 6, 2010
mr just the facts i have a question. you say he is "about" to be charged if so what is the hold up? How does anyone ever get to be "about" to be charged? "about" usually means there is not enough evidence to support charges or a conviction so it comes down to gossip and hearsay until then. and i am curious as to type of drug and fraud charges...will you go ahead and list them since according to you one would assume the charges are all but done. so no need to worry it would hurt the governments case as they already have the evidence right? are you a police officer? if so what type of person does this make you if you are discussing any case in a public forum? what type of citizen does this make you? could you be a danger as well? i get worried about citizens and police that discuss anything with anybody until there is a conviction. other than that charges mean absolutely nothing until there is a conviction.
Just The Facts wrote:
Done be quick, I assume you mean "Don't be quick". It's obvious you're one of Nick's friends. Nick is about to be charged with drug charges and a whole TON of fraud charges, so you keep defending because you're going to look pretty foolish shortly. Nick could care about public service, he's been making an unbelievable amount of money serving evictions, summons, etc. So yes, I'd say that will hurt pretty bad. Nick thinks he's a police officer and is a danger to the community and there will be many real police officers that will testify to that fact. Bye bye Nick. You and your Dad.
Facts in whos mind

Independence, KY

#8 Jun 6, 2010
I have always noticed when people refer to facts they omit what they are and just give an overview conclusion as to what they think the facts are. Giving any "Nick" hater his due, how about you giving us the facts that you seem to be familiar with, when the rest of us are not. So far, as anybody here knows, you're just a crank with an axe to grind against Nick. What is your source? Do you have personal knowledge or did you overhear what you have said? These details are the things that make what a person says factual, not just saying these are the facts. So, it’s your turn to backup your claims and don’t worry about whether I am a friend of Nicks or that my grammar does not meet your standards [i.e., Nick could care about public service] I assume, like you did, you mean could care “less” about, not care about. That kind of grammar rhetoric is ignoring the questions that have been posed and posed by you. So, focus on the real important questions regarding the “facts” and please tell us the future, for that would be worth hearing about.
Browser

Covington, KY

#9 Jun 7, 2010
This site is an example of what is wrong with people. The comments serve to do nothing but bash someone. If he is a terrible constible that is one thing, but if he is having personal problems then let those involved deal with him. These post all seem to be someone starting a witch hunt because they personally don't like this guy. I have never dealt with a constable and couldn't tell you what one does. He was elected by the majority of people who voted
Its just one opinion

Independence, KY

#10 Jun 13, 2010
Browser wrote:
This site is an example of what is wrong with people. The comments serve to do nothing but bash someone. If he is a terrible constible that is one thing, but if he is having personal problems then let those involved deal with him. These post all seem to be someone starting a witch hunt because they personally don't like this guy. I have never dealt with a constable and couldn't tell you what one does. He was elected by the majority of people who voted

This is not an example of people, just one goof who is angry at one guy. As you can see just above your post, I challenged goof to give us facts, but as of yet, he/she has remained silent. Why? Because they have none, just one slanted opinion on what they think, not what they know, and are determined to try to shape public opinion to their way of thought. I dont personally even know who Nick Wilson is, but I do know that he will get his day in court, and thank God like I said above, it's not court topix and the jury is not blogger 101.
Family Gal

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Jun 17, 2010
I would like to know where his dad is going. If you mean not being Magistrate anymore then that is ok. He served Campbell County well in that office for over 25 years.

Apparently a lot of folks are going on hearsay not fact. Hopefully he gets his this straightened out in the courts and not in all of the public forums that been discussing this. That is truly where everything will come out and be dealt with.
Still waiting

Independence, KY

#12 Jun 18, 2010
Where are the facts? I am still waiting for them. What’s wrong, cats; I mean lies got your tongue. You started this thread, so finish it. Family Gal, Nicks father has never had anything to do with this, it’s just another way to get people to focus from the truth. If there were actual facts, we would have heard them by now. As of yet, well, you can read for yourself, just empty slanted words of hate. Pathetic.
November

Circleville, OH

#13 Jun 18, 2010
I have always noticed when people refer to facts they. Just give an overview conclusion as to what they think the facts are. Let the courts straightened out The mess Nicholas J. Wilson got himself in to.
Cameron T Alexander will still be there in Nov. Running for the constable in the third dist. Oh by the way I know he lives in his district,Constable is not a voluntary position anyway. The Voters put them there. The constables have the same powers as the sherff does. So get right or keep it closed.
Voluntary position

Independence, KY

#14 Jun 19, 2010
Meaning not paid by the county and yes voters always elect all elected positions, sorry to tell you, but one has nothing to do with the other. I also appreciate you borrowing from my post using almost the same exact words, but do you have an original thought of your own? The word sheriff is spelled with and "I" in it, not sherff. There is no period before "just give" and just is not capitalized. The word is into and is one word, not in to. There is a comma after by the way (comma) and constable and powers should be next to each other in the sentence. Lastly, the word does should not be at the end of the sentence [i.e., the constable has the same powers as does the sheriff]. Get it right yourself or you may want to keep it closed. And, trust me when I say this: You should go back to school if you want others to take your opinion seriously. Your poor spelling, grammar, and plagiarizing all to get others to support the other person, makes you look desperate. Well, if I were that person, I would think I would be better off with you not on my side. Try this: I support Cameron T. Alexander. This is simple and makes point and is an original thought. There ends the lesson.
WTF

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Jun 19, 2010
You sit on here and defend Nicholas J. Wilson? Yet all the facts aren't out there yet because there's an investigation still pending. The police don't put all the facts out there until they appear in court or Nicky's lawyer ask for them when the charges are brought against him. So please sit at your computer and correct everyone that knocks on your family member. But the fact is he will be charged here shortly. Misdemeanors you have up to 1 year to file on, Felonies a lifetime. So instead of sitting here defending the goofball go to his house and talk to him about the sickness he has. Help him that way not by sitting here correcting everyone's grammar. That's called a smoke screen because you know that person was right on. And Nick does get paid for his duties when he works. He gets paid for every summons he serves. So it is not a volunteer position. He just wanted that one because he couldn't be a real police officer because he's a NUT! Nick needs mental help go help him get some. Please don't correct my grammar I don't care my point will reach who ever one way or the other. Tootles!
Your mistaken

Independence, KY

#16 Jun 21, 2010
First I'm not defending anyone. I am asking for the person who started this to give the facts. If facts are not known yet, as you say, then how do YOU know anything? If Nick, a sheriff's deputy, or a constable serves a summons, they get a FEE from the court; that’s not being paid. Paid is where a person draws a salary for the work they do. Therefore, his position, like constables is voluntary. Furthermore, even police officers get fees from serving warrants, but they are PAID in addition to that fee, which makes them not voluntary. And, if you are now offended by your own words, "getting it right or keep it closed," learn how to address someone properly without the insults. My point was just to point out that you were rude. Correcting someone's grammar is also rude, now you get it? Lastly, my first post clearly stated that I was not defending Nick, I don’t know Nick, and that his father has nothing to do with any of this. My "defending" was to our system of justice. So, if the facts are not out there, to use your words, why are you condemning people for their opinion one way or the other? You obviously have your agenda against Nick, we all can see that, but mine is simply saying let the court decide guilt or innocence. Now, does my spoon fed explanation to you make it clear enough for you? Just because you hate this guy, so what? We still live in a country, THANK GOD, that affords a person their day in court. SO, till that day, your opinion, your rudeness, and your rants are just that; live with we are. And what’s the coping of portions of my post all about? If I am so off base, why use what I wrote to start you post? You say the facts are what you seek, then give them, let them be known, or wait for them to be revealed. So far, your entire posts are nothing but calling a person a nut, being misunderstood about what voluntary means, and attacking a person for their opinion. If anyone does happen to read this, do you honestly think it will shape what they think about Nick or you.

"Most constables in Kentucky are not paid a salary, but are paid fees for services rendered. However, state law provides for payment of an annual salary of $9,600 to constables in counties with a population of over 250,000; as of the 2000 U.S. Census, this only applies in Louisville Metro/Jefferson County and the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government. The payment has become a point of controversy, since constables in Kentucky have few actual duties.[45]" [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Constable]

Tootles!
WTF

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Jun 21, 2010
Paid is paid no matter salary or fees, Police officers do not get a penny from serving warrants. The fee goes to the city. But as for Nick the alledged facrs are in the paper that started this post. But I do believe he is being investigated for other things. But we will see, as far as you not knowing Nick is a complete utter lie. His father jumped into this as soon as he spoke to the paper defending(Lieing) to the paper about the facts at hand. You're so right this wonderful country gives you the right to have trial by jury and this he will. Let's hope the victim steps up and has the courage to proceed with the prosecution of this GOOFBALL!
Your mistaken again

Independence, KY

#18 Jun 22, 2010
Paid means paid, period. Getting a fee is getting a fee, period. They are distinctly different, period. Your wrong terminology is important when you claim to state facts. You also keep saying we will see, but then you garnish, interlace, and conclude outcome before any trial, court proceedings, etc... Therefore, my point still stands; don’t be too quick to judge. And by the way, police officers do get fees for serving warrants, you can call the circuit clerk to verify this, but the pay goes to the city the officer works for in lieu of the officer and is often used to buy equipment, etc.. The difference is that police positions are not voluntary positions, like a constable. Whether you believe this or not, it does matter how something is characterized when claiming that these are the facts. Everybody on here is not mindless and obviously knows more than you are selling. PS. I don’t know Nick, his father, or any of the facts; which is why I asked for them again and again. Do you have any facts? Or are we to just take you and your rants as gospel; when so far, most of what you have said has been incorrect. And to use your words again, get it right or keep it shut; which is the smartest thing you have said thus far.
Food for thought

Independence, KY

#19 Jun 23, 2010
Misdemeanors do have a year to start being prosecuted this rule is called the statute of limitations. However, once the process has begun the system only has so many days to complete it under Kentucky Administrative Regulation (KAR) "Rights to a speedy trial." There is no statute of limitations on prosecuting a felony, but again, once a prosecution is initiated, the court only has a certain amount of days to finish it, or it is automatically dismissed. Also regarding a felony, you have to be indicted first by a grand jury before it can even proceed to trial, or the defendant has to waive their rights to a grand jury and are “bound over.” Furthermore, accusations are not the standard in any of this system. A person is presumed innocent and must be found guilty “beyond a reasonable doubt.” Getting a person charged is only the beginning, and there are many more "hoops" to be completed before guilt is even decided. So far, Nick whoever has not even been charged. You say: "I do believe he is being investigated for other things." That statement by you in and of it self means you don’t know, you believe. Lastly, Nick being a liar just makes him a liar, not guilty, innocent, maybe a goofball, I wouldnt know, I dont know him. And whose father would not defend their child? This however, does not make him part of the proceedings. So, all these things stated by you combined, do not change, alter, or diminish what I have been saying from the beginning: "Don’t be too quick to judge." That is my only point, has been my only point so far. For the record, I do respect your opinion in the matter, but doubt that it’s anything more that just that, one person’s opinion. Let’s look forward:“So Nick is charged and found guilty." How does that change any of what I wrote? If Nick is found guilty like I have said before then good riddance. However, I am giving him, the accused the benefit of the doubt, waiting for the court do decide the outcome, and refraining from publicly bashing him for being under investigation, if in fact he even is being investigated. I have personally been investigated several times over a very lengthy career, but I have never been charged, or found guilty of anything. The paper distorts facts to sell them. So if that is what you are going by, you better wait before committing to any side, for they usually get most of what they print wrong. Also, the Chinese have a saying:“When you set out on revenge, dig two graves.” The point is let the system do what it was meant to do, and stop trying to push the possible outcome on others. Like I said, we are not mindless. Abe Lincoln also had a saying: "Its better to keep your mouth shut and let the world think you are a fool, then to open it, and remove all doubt."
WTF

Louisville, KY

#20 Jun 23, 2010
Thanks for you opinion Bud Wilson. Now there's no doubt you are family to this man Just for the simple fact you defend his honor so harshly. I do not see you on any other post throughout this forum except his. Rocket Scientist no but common sense yes. Please take all effaorts you have put forth here and help your son, family member. He needs it. Its sorta obvious after you mention 20 times that you mysteriously dont know Nick from Adam!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smoking in Newport Schools 2 hr notmykid 5
Charlie Coleman threads missing 5 hr No more tea 1
ben kraft 19 hr louie 1
Covington Chili 20 hr Dixie Chili Guy 10
HUD housing (Oct '08) Wed money game 91
'Screw' Andrews part of Newport's mob scene (Oct '08) Tue Ghost Era 297
cops and black people Jan 26 Bellevue Sun 10
Newport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web