Newport High School dress code Policy...

Newport High School dress code Policy 2011-2012

Posted in the Newport Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
A Parent from Newport

AOL

#1 Jul 2, 2011
All Students will wear the following to School:

* Black,Blue, or Khaki Colored pants (No Jean or Shorts)

* All Students must wear a belt.

*Solid White,Red, or Black short or long sleeved polo shirt, No Logo

* Street or Tennis shoes (No sandals or flip flops, All shoes must be closed to and heel.)

* NHS Spririt wear and jeans will be reserved for spirit days and/or Reward events.

Purchase You NHS Dress Code items at the following stores:

* Order shirts at NHS Graphic Arts
* WALMART
* TARGET
* DOLLAR GENERAL
* SAUL'S
* K-Mart
* BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY

Hope this help NEWPORT HIGH PARENTS OUT!!!
Completely ridiculous

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jul 2, 2011
The government tells people how to dress and what we must buy our children, and we just suck it up and accept it. Just another example of how stupid most Americans are, and how much we roll over to our masters. Can't wait to cast my ballot for Ron Paul
FURIOUS

Lexington, KY

#3 Jul 2, 2011
So exactly when was this decided? Never heard that it was on the school board agenda. Never heard that it was on the agenda for the high school council. I want to know who is calling the shots at Newport High School. Didn't even think we had a principal yet.
A newport parent

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Jul 2, 2011
FURIOUS wrote:
So exactly when was this decided? Never heard that it was on the school board agenda. Never heard that it was on the agenda for the high school council. I want to know who is calling the shots at Newport High School. Didn't even think we had a principal yet.
i got a letter today about my child having to wear new dress code my child is mad but what can i do newport has changed rules
Newport Mom

Corbin, KY

#5 Jul 3, 2011
I was a bit ticked at first, but really after giving it some thought. Not sure that it's such a bad idea, there's a few advantages

1 Not paying attention to what others are/aren't wearing = one less thing to distract them from their school work

2 Cuts down on any teasing some kids may have went through, who weren't able to wear expensive or really nice clothes

3 Parents won't have to spend a bunch of money on school clothes, you can spend a little extra on shoes.

I'm always worried some of the clothes my kid likes to wear can't be worn in school, the jeans you buy with holes & rips in them and stuff like that so I've always wound up buying a lot separate items just for school anyways, that I'm sure have been more expensive than what these outfits will run. So, I'm willing to not knock it so much for now and see how it goes. My kid wasn't too upset over it either.
Perfect

Lexington, KY

#6 Jul 3, 2011
Newport Mom wrote:
I was a bit ticked at first, but really after giving it some thought. Not sure that it's such a bad idea, there's a few advantages
1 Not paying attention to what others are/aren't wearing = one less thing to distract them from their school work
2 Cuts down on any teasing some kids may have went through, who weren't able to wear expensive or really nice clothes
3 Parents won't have to spend a bunch of money on school clothes, you can spend a little extra on shoes.
I'm always worried some of the clothes my kid likes to wear can't be worn in school, the jeans you buy with holes & rips in them and stuff like that so I've always wound up buying a lot separate items just for school anyways, that I'm sure have been more expensive than what these outfits will run. So, I'm willing to not knock it so much for now and see how it goes. My kid wasn't too upset over it either.
I agree. It's not a bad thing. Most upper class schools have dress codes. Maybe a little culture will do some of these kids some good. It also wouldn't hurt to see some culture exposed to some of their parents.

My kids education is more important to me than having to worry if my kid fits in because she is wearing a $20.00 shirt and not the $50.00 shirt like some of the spoiled, low class, low educated teenagers that go to Newport.

Before anyone freaks out I'm not bashing our kids in Newport. Fact is the school systen is a failure at this point. Whatever they do to try to help the schools is fine with me. It's not working as it is and the kids are more worried about their outfits than grades. The city of Newport is moving forward while our school system is going backwards. Anyone with half a brain will see that this will take it's toll on our city when this generation is what makes up the citizenship of Newport when they become adults. The Schools are need work. The Super is now gone, thank God and now we have a dress code. Keep this stuff coming and lets make a change for the better!
Jammin

Lexington, KY

#7 Jul 3, 2011
Perfect wrote:
<quoted text> The city of Newport is moving forward while our school system is going backwards.!
Actually, it is the opposite. The city is only able to try to bring in high priced apartments and condos and cannot complete a project. Ever been to the West side of town? "Nuf said.
Perfect

Lexington, KY

#8 Jul 3, 2011
Yeah I been to the West End. I live in the West End. I'm not saying the city doesn't have it's share of problems but at this time I think the city is better than it has ever been. Remember the West End 15 or more years ago? It's getting better. As for it being the opposite? If that was true the schools would be moving forward. The school are worse now than they have ever been. I don't want to turn this into a debate about what's right or wrong anyway. Thanks for starting this thread to let everyone know what the dress code will be. I did get my letter in the mail. You just beat me to posting it.
Sabah

Lexington, KY

#9 Jul 5, 2011
I got a postcard telling me about the new dress code. Now I am hearing that it is not official. Who sent out the cards without approval?
Inhale Deeply

Lexington, KY

#10 Jul 5, 2011
Perfect wrote:
Yeah I been to the West End. I live in the West End. I'm not saying the city doesn't have it's share of problems but at this time I think the city is better than it has ever been. Remember the West End 15 or more years ago? It's getting better. As for it being the opposite? If that was true the schools would be moving forward. The school are worse now than they have ever been. I don't want to turn this into a debate about what's right or wrong anyway. Thanks for starting this thread to let everyone know what the dress code will be. I did get my letter in the mail. You just beat me to posting it.
You're a poser. You do not live in the West End. And, if you really did, there is NO WAY you would believe the city is better now than ever. "Your" side of town is falling down around you. The city has FORGOTTEN YOU. They're too busy worrying about the prissy few over on the East End and the fancy condos going up by the river. The city is hoping to tear all of your houses down and build a road for god sake. No businesses want to be on your side of town except crappy corner stores and run down laundromats. You cannot get anyone to invest west of York Street. That's improvement?
Dress Code

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Jul 6, 2011
As for the suggested retailers: Are they required to wear a specific brand/style of pants or shirts or can they be bought anywhere as long as they are the right color polo or dress pants? I'd rather not be limited to discount clothing stores if I don't have to. Thanks.
stupid school

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jul 6, 2011
This is so stupid
knows a little

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Jul 6, 2011
Dress Code wrote:
As for the suggested retailers: Are they required to wear a specific brand/style of pants or shirts or can they be bought anywhere as long as they are the right color polo or dress pants? I'd rather not be limited to discount clothing stores if I don't have to. Thanks.
I believe you may purchase the pants and shirts anywhere you would like, those are only options/suggestions of where to buy.
knows a little

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Jul 6, 2011
but remember - there are no logos allowed on the polo shirts, so purchasing a higher priced shirt that doesn't sport a logo may be difficult to find...
knows a little

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Jul 6, 2011
stupid school wrote:
This is so stupid
I will assume(yes I know what happens when someone assumes anything)that you are a student and that's why you think this is stupid, but think about it.

You don't have to worry about what you will wear to school, except which color. If you buy enough for each day of the school week, laundry only has to be done once a week in order to have clean school clothes, all of your "cool" clothes will be clean for whatever you want to wear them for. And everyone will be wearing the same things so it's not like you will look out of place.

I think the dress code will turn out to be not as big a deal as most think it will be; I wish there had been one when my kids were in school. Plus, the cost might be a burden on some this year but what you purchase this year will probably be usable again next year, so it really cuts down on the back-to-school expense in the long run.

Just a few thoughts, but see how it goes before you call it "stupid". You might decide you don't mind it at all.
IDIOT ALERT

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Jul 6, 2011
The dress code is a JOKE people. There is NO DRESS CODE CHANGE FOR HIGH SCHOOL. Call Central Office and ask.
Dress Code

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Jul 6, 2011
knows a little wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you may purchase the pants and shirts anywhere you would like, those are only options/suggestions of where to buy.
Thanks. This will make back-to-school shopping far less painless than usual. I wish they'd done it years ago.
Dress Code

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Jul 6, 2011
Oops. I meant less painful, LOL.
knows a little

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Jul 7, 2011
IDIOT ALERT wrote:
The dress code is a JOKE people. There is NO DRESS CODE CHANGE FOR HIGH SCHOOL. Call Central Office and ask.
I do believe postcards stating the specifics of the high school dress code were mailed out last week. I have several friends who have kids in high school and they received them. I don't think the school would have wasted money on the postcards or postage for a school-wide "joke"...
call

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Jul 7, 2011
I know that some parents got a call from the school saying that the dress code has not been decided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jeremy everly 36 min searching 4
Beware Fri Women 1
heather vaughn (Mar '13) Thu Volatile Cocktail 9
orgies in Erlanger (Aug '13) Dec 1 VeryCuriousCouple 7
Dayton Music Thread (May '12) Nov 30 Musikologist 16
Kenton Hills Music Thread (Dec '15) Nov 29 Musikologist 4
men and women who go to bars are crazy? (Oct '09) Nov 28 Spelling police 3

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance