Code Enforcement
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
newport residence

Corbin, KY

#1 Jul 6, 2010
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CODE ENFORCEMENT DOES?NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!WE HAVE CALLED THE CITY OF NEWPORT CODE AND THEY NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH.THIS IS THE ONLY CITY IN THE COUNTRY THAT YOU CAN HAVE A SWIMMING POOL WITH NO FENCE AROUND IT.THEY SAID THEY GET BACK,WELL WHEN SOMEONE DROWNS I HOPE THAT FAMILY SUES THAT FAMILY THAT IS SO DUMB NOT TO PUT UP A FENCE AND SUES THE PATHETIC CITY OF NEWPORT!!!!!!!!!!ISNT THERE A LEASH LAW TOO?THE SAME IDIOT NEIBORS HAVE A DOG NO LEASH,AND POOPS IN EVERYONES YARD BUT THERES!WHAT THE F??????????IM CALLING THE I TEAM LET NEWPORT FIGURE THIS OUT!
Salty Nibblets

Lexington, KY

#2 Jul 6, 2010
newport residence wrote:
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CODE ENFORCEMENT DOES?NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
Seems you're right. Saw the code enforcement guy walking around on 10th toward Speedway today, doing nothing. Nothing in his hands (like a clipboard) indicating he was working. Seems to be a lot like Yoder who would just walk around all the time.
Yoder

AOL

#3 Jul 6, 2010
Bob Yoder got hired by Fromme so Yoder would not run for commission or be a thorn in Fromme's side.
Yoder did a good job, he promised what he thought the city would deliver, but Fromme was not going to let Yoder get any credit that might turn into political capital. Bob is a good guy.
newport residence

Corbin, KY

#4 Jul 6, 2010
THE CITY OF NEWPORT CODE IS WORTHLESS!WE CALLED ABOUT OF LOVELY TRASHY NEIGHBORS AND THEY NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH.WE ARE NOW TALKING WITH HAGIT LIMOR AND THE I TEAM TO DO A REPORT ON THIS!ITSA NATIONWIDE LAW TO HAVE A FENCE AROUND A POOL,AND THEY REFUSE TO DO IT,AND THEY LEAVE THERE LADDRR IN IT TOO.THERE ARE SO MANY KIDS IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD!I HOPE THEY GET SUED!AND CODE FOR NOT FOLLOWING THROUGH!WHAT DO MY TAX DOLLARS PAY FOR?THE GHETTO PATCH JOBS THEY DO AROUND HERE,INSTEAD OF BLACK TOP THEY PATCH THE GHETTO STREET HERE AND THERE ITS EVEN WORSE NOW!ALL THIS HUD LOWER INCOME HERE ITS TOTAL GHETTO!!!!!!!!!!WHY ARE THERE 5 COMMISSIONERS IF THE CITY ISSO BROKE?GET RID OF ALL THEM THEM THEY ALL SUCK!WHAT ABOUT THE FUEL PUMPS OR TAEGET I GUESS THAT ISNT HAPPENING EITHER
Im with you

Corbin, KY

#5 Jul 6, 2010
newport residence wrote:
THE CITY OF NEWPORT CODE IS WORTHLESS!WE CALLED ABOUT OF LOVELY TRASHY NEIGHBORS AND THEY NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH.WE ARE NOW TALKING WITH HAGIT LIMOR AND THE I TEAM TO DO A REPORT ON THIS!ITSA NATIONWIDE LAW TO HAVE A FENCE AROUND A POOL,AND THEY REFUSE TO DO IT,AND THEY LEAVE THERE LADDRR IN IT TOO.THERE ARE SO MANY KIDS IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD!I HOPE THEY GET SUED!AND CODE FOR NOT FOLLOWING THROUGH!WHAT DO MY TAX DOLLARS PAY FOR?THE GHETTO PATCH JOBS THEY DO AROUND HERE,INSTEAD OF BLACK TOP THEY PATCH THE GHETTO STREET HERE AND THERE ITS EVEN WORSE NOW!ALL THIS HUD LOWER INCOME HERE ITS TOTAL GHETTO!!!!!!!!!!WHY ARE THERE 5 COMMISSIONERS IF THE CITY ISSO BROKE?GET RID OF ALL THEM THEM THEY ALL SUCK!WHAT ABOUT THE FUEL PUMPS OR TAEGET I GUESS THAT ISNT HAPPENING EITHER
I totally agree with you!They do nothing,its like your bothering them for calling!and the city commissioners do even get me started on them!We need fresh new faces,not old hags and tired old fellas!
Hellen

Middlesboro, KY

#6 Jul 6, 2010
newport residence wrote:
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CODE ENFORCEMENT DOES?NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!WE HAVE CALLED THE CITY OF NEWPORT CODE AND THEY NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH.THIS IS THE ONLY CITY IN THE COUNTRY THAT YOU CAN HAVE A SWIMMING POOL WITH NO FENCE AROUND IT.THEY SAID THEY GET BACK,WELL WHEN SOMEONE DROWNS I HOPE THAT FAMILY SUES THAT FAMILY THAT IS SO DUMB NOT TO PUT UP A FENCE AND SUES THE PATHETIC CITY OF NEWPORT!!!!!!!!!!ISNT THERE A LEASH LAW TOO?THE SAME IDIOT NEIBORS HAVE A DOG NO LEASH,AND POOPS IN EVERYONES YARD BUT THERES!WHAT THE F??????????IM CALLING THE I TEAM LET NEWPORT FIGURE THIS OUT!
Sounds like you are unable to make somenone do as you want and as you want it, now. Whens the last time you sat with your neighbors and hung out with them.
baffled

Burlington, KY

#7 Jul 7, 2010
Code Enforcement is on Vacation!
In the know

Burlington, KY

#8 Jul 7, 2010
Several years ago there were 6 people in the code enforcement dept., now there are 2.

Wonder why things are not getting done? There's no one there to get the work done.
Fromme doesnt care

Burlington, KY

#9 Jul 7, 2010
Fromme doesn't care how low the city sinks. He got his piece of the cookie, sorry U missed yours.
Im with you

Corbin, KY

#10 Jul 7, 2010
baffled wrote:
Code Enforcement is on Vacation!
they are always on vacation!THEY ARE WORTHLESS!oh and my neighbors suck anyone i wouldnt wanna hang out with them.THERE KIDS GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOL AND THEY HAVE A newer suv ,BUT NEITHER ONE OF THEM WORKS.HER MOTHER PAYS FOR EVERYTHING ITS PITAFUL!!!!!!!!!!THEY ARE LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!
Aol

AOL

#11 Jul 7, 2010
Newport is a mess that's all I will say on this note!!!!!!!!!
uh huh

Corbin, KY

#12 Jul 7, 2010
your right about that!this city is pathetic!No fuel pumps,no Target,no stores.Lots of lower income coming through.To much rental and not enough homeowners.WHO IS ABOVE CODE?IVE ALREADY CALLED CHANNEL 9 AND THEY ARE INVESTIGATING CODE.WHO DO I CALL THE CITY Manager?
Sonja needs meds

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Jul 7, 2010
Wacko!!
who

Corbin, KY

#14 Jul 7, 2010
Sonja needs meds wrote:
Wacko!!
Who is that?I guess theres alot of people upset with code!
Lots of people

Corbin, KY

#15 Jul 7, 2010
Sonja needs meds wrote:
Wacko!!
THere are lots of people mad about the code enforcement!There are lots in my area around Washington the historic part!Its a joke!
realnewportres

Loveland, OH

#16 Jul 14, 2010
newport residence wrote:
I've call the City Commissioners, met with them at the neighborhood meetings. They've always followed up. We had problems with trashy neighbors working on cars in the street. They put a stop to that. If our alley needs cleaned, they're there within a week.
Before you complain get your facts straight. It is not a nationwide law that there be a fence around a pool though most areas require it and most homeowners insurance companies insist on it.
Also the reason the Kroger fuel pumps and Target is not happening has nothing to do with the commissioners. It is the fault of the developers, Bear Creek Capitol. They are doing to Newport what they did to Kenwood.
As far as Newport being a trashy place, get off your ass and help clean it!
ex-osu emp

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Jul 14, 2010
are there any gals with big tittays in that pool?
realnewportres

Loveland, OH

#18 Jul 14, 2010
Im with you wrote:
<quoted text>they are always on vacation!THEY ARE WORTHLESS!oh and my neighbors suck anyone i wouldnt wanna hang out with them.THERE KIDS GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOL AND THEY HAVE A newer suv ,BUT NEITHER ONE OF THEM WORKS.HER MOTHER PAYS FOR EVERYTHING ITS PITAFUL!!!!!!!!!!THEY ARE LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!
Judging from your sentence structure, grammar and spelling you are obviously a product of the Newport Public Schools. I can't blame anyone who lives in Newport who sends their kids to private school if this is the outcome. I wouldn't want my kids hanging out with yours!
knows a little

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Jul 14, 2010
Contrary to popular opinion, not all "products" of Newport Schools use improper grammar, have bad spelling or any of the other attributes so often associated with someone who attended/graduated from Newport Schools/Newport High School. Many of the "products" of Newport Schools are of average intelligence, if not above. It all depends on whether you go to school to learn or just because you are forced to go... I will assume I have proven my point - I am a product of Newport Schools/Newport High School...thank you and have a great day!:)
knows a little

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Jul 14, 2010
Oh, and I live in Newport (the west end), also - have a job, pay taxes, own my home and take care of it,have kids who attended Newport Schools throughout their entire school careers. So don't judge an entire city by a portion of its citizens, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Wilmer 9 hr quick1 1
News 'Screw' Andrews part of Newport's mob scene (Oct '08) Sun Athenesword 318
Trevor mullins Sun Would like to know 4
Northern Kentucky Hates Heroin (Jan '14) Aug 26 Dumbass 15
Shayna Hubers Aug 25 Milya21 2
standoff 1980s hostage newport ky (Apr '12) Aug 25 Skyangel30 64
Gee Gee Bishop Aug 24 Country 1

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance