Review: Mesa Garage Doors
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Reyna A

AOL

#62 Mar 29, 2011
Very UNHAPPY with this company and the way they conduct their business ....Do not use this company . Stay away from "Mesa garage door" better off with Home Depot or any other Co. but Mesa....
Bad Service and DISHONEST

United States

#63 Apr 12, 2011
First thing to be aware of: Mesa Garage Doors uses the "bait and switch" sale tactic
I ended up buying an "upgraded" garage door. But it was improperly installed. Repeated calls got no resolution from the company. Phone calls were not returned, appointments made were not kept.
The company also duped me into paying them twice! The asked to by paid by check (but had already sent in a charge to my credit card without my knowledge, or authorization from me). On top of all that, they refused to make a refund, making up all kinds of fabricated excuses about credits that I never received.
BEWARE!!!
ripoff

La Mirada, CA

#64 Jun 3, 2011
Plain and simple rip off. They over charge for everything, not recommended what so ever.
MSS

Los Angeles, CA

#65 Jun 15, 2011
Complete Rip-off. Feel like a complete idiot for paying $500 for the following thins:
- Basic service (put oil on hinges) and did basic visual inspection, Gave me a special for $195. Great! On their website it says $89?
- New rollers only and new springs.$300.
I was speaking to a friend who told me I overpaid. Never thought they would do that. Then I asked other companies, they gave me quotes almost 50% less. Mesa loses one customer for sure because of this. Guys, you get cheaper installation, cheaper labor from lowes/HD, why go with Mesa? Feel like a fool that I overpaid and did not do any research before saying yes to their service guy, who kept on saying that I was getting a great deal!
Gretchen

Malibu, CA

#67 Jul 14, 2011
DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY: Quick talking shady people. These people are theives and liars. The salesman lied to us, when I called to cancel, I was told they would keep my deposit even though they wouldn't dispute the lie. Unbelievable! Zero customer service!! When I called to place an order... they were quick to jump on the call...when I jhad a problem... It took 3 days and 7 phone calls that went to God knows whose voice mails.

And btw, they are not the best price in town...you can do better!!
Anonymous

Valencia, CA

#68 Sep 11, 2011
As a former employee of Mesa, I can tell you that virtually all of the positive comments here are from Mesa employees. Mesa is a horrible company and we were routinely told to post positive comments and reviews online. Go elsewhere.
Pat

AOL

#69 Nov 29, 2011
You get what you pay for cheep door cheep service.
Angry

Los Angeles, CA

#70 May 30, 2012
The same thing happened to me, Kathleen!!!

They cancelled at the last minute and then didn't have another install available for over a month. And their customer service people have ATTITUDE!! I canceled the order and no one even cared. They obviously don't need the business. I will never recommend these people to anyone. Customers beware - these people could care less about your business.

And, yes, of course it's a "great day at Mesa"... they take your money and never have to actually do any work! LoL
Kosal Da

Tooele, UT

#71 Feb 21, 2013
This seems like a good company to work with. Do you know if they do work on commercial door repair?

http://www.dansdoorrepair.com
Stan Theman

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#72 May 11, 2013
I was scheduled to have garage door installed Wednesday 5-8-2013. I received a call from installer who was at my home. He stated that a 2x4 sill plate was in the way and that he couldn’t do installation. I told him to wait that I would be there in 10 minutes. He did not want to wait and said he would call his boss. A couple minutes later I get a call from his Boss (Mesa garage doors) stating there’s a problem that the installer is having with the install. I tell her that I will be there in 10 minutes. When I arrived the installer had cut out the sill plate on both sides of the garage. The sill plates are what hold the vertical beams from moving, so now there is nothing anchoring the vertical beams to the ground.
This problem could easily have been resolved by mounting garage door roller bracket on top of sill plate and raising bottom roller 1”. Regardless installer should never have cut out the sill plate.
I explained the situation to Maria (installer supervisor) she asked what I would like to do to remedy the situation. I explained to her the amount of work required to replace the sill plates as they are the structural supports and everything is built around them. The whole garage door frame will have to come down new sill plates installed and then the garage door frame installed again. This amount of work will take me a day and a half to complete plus the cost of the new material. I told her to remedy the situation, I thought $300.00 would be a fair price reduction off the $800.00 original bill. She said,“hold on,” so she could talk to someone who makes these decisions. She came back with a counteroffer of $150.00. I told her $300.00 was fair and if they wouldn’t give that, they need to return my $100.00 deposit and Mesa will receive a bill for the sill plate repair or they need to repair it. Maria said she would turn this over to her legal department and that ended our conversation.
Smitty

AOL

#73 May 15, 2013
Edwin wrote:
Looks like post 18-20 are the same person. Probably works for Mesa Garage Doors.
Ya you think. Anyone can post how great the are.
Smitty

AOL

#74 May 15, 2013
They
Talk about BS

Laguna Beach, CA

#75 Oct 3, 2013
"Looks like post 18-20 are the same person. Probably works for Mesa Garage Doors."

True true true. They all look alike and the last two are classic "these guys are pros" LOL
What a RIP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word drop a word (Nov '11) 10 hr texas pete 76
News Santa Ana cops finally arrest 12 gang members (Feb '08) Dec 12 Folks 1,226
News Q: Velvet Turtle closure (Apr '09) Dec 11 Mark Morningstar 12
News Here's Why Your Poop Can Be So Freaking Weird o... Dec 10 Emerald 2
***Icnoptnthis Another Word Game (Add -Drop)*** Dec 4 texas pete 2
News Prosecutors release video of man's fatal confro... Nov 30 Richard 1
News Westminster man shot in possible gang violence (Dec '09) Nov 27 Sero 100

Newport Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance