School uniforms
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
meee

Sulphur, LA

#1 Nov 20, 2009
Does anyone really think it's necessary for student to have to wear uniforms?
guest

Lake Charles, LA

#2 Nov 20, 2009
This subject has been beat to death! If kids could where pants that fit we wouldn't need uniforms until then we do.
Guest 2

United States

#3 Nov 20, 2009
If the school can force a dress code with the uniforms, then they certainly can force one without them!
Guest 2

United States

#4 Nov 20, 2009
Oops...I meant enforce, not force.
My opinion only

Pineville, LA

#5 Nov 20, 2009
I think the uniforms are a good thing, wish every school had to wear them. they look nice, the only reason kids do not like them is they are spoiled.
SuperSilverKine

Bossier City, LA

#6 Nov 20, 2009
guest wrote:
This subject has been beat to death! If kids could where pants that fit we wouldn't need uniforms until then we do.
So instead of wearing jeans 3 sizes too big, they wear dress pants 3 sizes too big. What an improvement.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#7 Nov 21, 2009
you know i personaly don't like the uniforms..my niece has to wear them and she hates them it is just to much work to put up with. and paying all that money for them, when you aleady have clothes that you can wear.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#8 Nov 21, 2009
i dont think you know what your talking about some kids arent spoiledm, and if kids are spoiled is becuz there parents make them spoiled.
jusjulie

San Antonio, TX

#9 Nov 21, 2009
Guest 2 wrote:
If the school can force a dress code with the uniforms, then they certainly can force one without them!
I agree 100%.. parents r forced to buy two sets of clothes .. one for school and one for everyday .. its pretty retarded to me .. idk why the school board thinks that the uniforms have fixed anything ... sure hasn't helped my pocket book any ..

suspending kids for not wearing a belt?! seriously!?.. my child has forgotten his belt (because his pants fit!) and he was punished for that .. which is more important, a friggin belt or my child's education?..
Employee

Lake Charles, LA

#10 Nov 21, 2009
I work at the school and know for a fact that the students do not complain as much as parents think they do. The parents have a bigger problem with it than the kids do. If kids can make it to school everyday with their shoes on, then why can't they put on a belt? The more kids are complimented for the way they look in uniforms, the more they accept it. We have had school uniforms for so long that students do not even remember not having them.
jusjulie

San Antonio, TX

#11 Nov 21, 2009
when u walk out the door with no shoes on ur feet, u realize it as soon as ur feet hit the ground .. if ur pants FIT and u don't need a belt, it is very easily forgotten .. are u serious?..
the way I see it .. if a child forgets his/her belt and is wearing pants that aren't too big .. why even single them out?.. the whole uniform issue has gone too far in my eyes .. and the whole coat issue .. wth?.. my child can't wear the coat that he wore last year, due to it being two different colors!.. so, I get to go out a spend more money (in already hard times) to buy him a coat that he can wear to school .. when the one from last year still fits fine .... but the school system don't understand the aggrivation .. AND the rules keep getting changed .. no name brands to name brands are okay (but that was oneof the excuses for the uniforms).. any kind of winter coat to one color winter coat .. clear or mesh backpacks but girls can carry any kind of purse .. make up yals minds!
Guest

Lake Charles, LA

#12 Nov 21, 2009
jusjulie wrote:
when u walk out the door with no shoes on ur feet, u realize it as soon as ur feet hit the ground .. if ur pants FIT and u don't need a belt, it is very easily forgotten .. are u serious?..
the way I see it .. if a child forgets his/her belt and is wearing pants that aren't too big .. why even single them out?.. the whole uniform issue has gone too far in my eyes .. and the whole coat issue .. wth?.. my child can't wear the coat that he wore last year, due to it being two different colors!.. so, I get to go out a spend more money (in already hard times) to buy him a coat that he can wear to school .. when the one from last year still fits fine .... but the school system don't understand the aggrivation .. AND the rules keep getting changed .. no name brands to name brands are okay (but that was oneof the excuses for the uniforms).. any kind of winter coat to one color winter coat .. clear or mesh backpacks but girls can carry any kind of purse .. make up yals minds!
I don't know where you get your information (it is posted in the handbook), but my child has gone to school here for five years and NEVER has she been told that her WINTER coat must be a solid color. Jackets, coats, sweaters WORN IN THE CLASSROOM must be one color. As long as they are not wearing them in the classroom, they do not have to be solid. Read the handbook before you buy something.
guest2

Charleston, WV

#13 Nov 21, 2009
why be ugly? i think the whole thing is dumb! uniform or not kids still get picked on so what did that solve? plus rules do change for certian kids, that's just fact. they shouldn't but it does happen. newport isn't a well to do town. it needs to go back to how it was just to give the parents a break and teach kids we are all the same no matter what kinda $ folks bring home! it all comes down to parenting!
jusjulie

San Antonio, TX

#14 Nov 21, 2009
the rule book says that the date that the school uniform policy was revised was 5/12/09 ..(so the past 5 years, matters none)..

pg.25) F. outerwear - colors: solid colors only- white, black, orange, navy & khaki ... style: official school letter jackets are permitted ... no trench coats or oversized coats allowed ..
doesn't say anything about "unless not in the classroom" ..

I agree with u, guest 2 ..
Me Too

Sulphur, LA

#15 Nov 22, 2009
I agree the parents probably complain more than the kids. It's the parents who have to come up with the extra money for uniforms every year. It's the parent's who has to take off from work to go home and get a belt and take it to school so their child can stay in school. It's the parent's who have to run all over town looking for more uniforms in the middle of the school year when their kid outgrows their uniforms and there are no more in stock at the stores. It's the parent's who would like their children to be seen as individuals who can think for themselves and not just a bunch of brainwashed government idiot's who can't figure out what to wear to school unless someone hands them a handbook with very few options.
Stop Whinning

Pineville, LA

#16 Nov 22, 2009
Me Too wrote:
I agree the parents probably complain more than the kids. It's the parents who have to come up with the extra money for uniforms every year. It's the parent's who has to take off from work to go home and get a belt and take it to school so their child can stay in school. It's the parent's who have to run all over town looking for more uniforms in the middle of the school year when their kid outgrows their uniforms and there are no more in stock at the stores. It's the parent's who would like their children to be seen as individuals who can think for themselves and not just a bunch of brainwashed government idiot's who can't figure out what to wear to school unless someone hands them a handbook with very few options.
I think it would help teach responsiblity to remember their belts.Maybe the extra money could come from parents giving up cigarettes,booze or lottery tickets.You know they might get grown and have to wear uniforms do you think a police officer might go without his belt?If its such a big deal to all you whinners, just move to another school district, i'm sure you'll be welcomed .
SuperSilverKine

Bossier City, LA

#17 Nov 22, 2009
Stop Whinning wrote:
<quoted text>I think it would help teach responsiblity to remember their belts.Maybe the extra money could come from parents giving up cigarettes,booze or lottery tickets.You know they might get grown and have to wear uniforms do you think a police officer might go without his belt?If its such a big deal to all you whinners, just move to another school district, i'm sure you'll be welcomed .
Unless the high school students are given their uniforms for free and they wear them to earn a paycheck, your argument doesn't hold water.

Wearing a belt isn't going to make these kids any less stupid. American children are so far behind countries that have even less to offer their students it's pathetic, and I have news for you all: that isn't because of the clothes they wear.
Guest 2

United States

#18 Nov 22, 2009
Employee wrote:
I work at the school and know for a fact that the students do not complain as much as parents think they do. The parents have a bigger problem with it than the kids do. If kids can make it to school everyday with their shoes on, then why can't they put on a belt? The more kids are complimented for the way they look in uniforms, the more they accept it. We have had school uniforms for so long that students do not even remember not having them.
Lol........Of course the parents have a bigger problem with it...but what difference does it make if it's the kids or the parents? Obviously there's a problem!!!! The choice needs to be given to the parents & let them vote on it, NOT the school board!!
Me Too

Sulphur, LA

#19 Nov 22, 2009
Sound like holier than thou "Stop whinning" must be on the school board or either an employee of the school district. If I could afford to move out of this district I would do so, however that is not possible and I doubt it is possible for many others who don't agree with the dress code for our children. Futhermore, I would like to know why some people always assume because a person don't have a lot of money, they are drinking, smoking, on drugs or playing the lottery? Do you know how much money most people make around here?
Me Too

Sulphur, LA

#20 Nov 22, 2009
I'll amen that. Why should a handful of people make that decision? Also, those who made that decision could well afford to buy two sets of clothes for their children and have no idea of the financial hardship it may be on others.
Guest 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol........Of course the parents have a bigger problem with it...but what difference does it make if it's the kids or the parents? Obviously there's a problem!!!! The choice needs to be given to the parents & let them vote on it, NOT the school board!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Campbell Station Murder 4 hr Guest 15
Greenway Ag tech 5 hr Greenway AG 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr BARNEYII 40,807
Who is the hottest milf in Newport?? (Oct '10) Sat Baird 16
Wesley goings Nov 17 parent 7
tabby billings (May '14) Nov 16 Someine who knows 50
Who is bruce greer Nov 15 Emily 1

Newport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newport Mortgages