Immigration Advocates Rally Around U.S.

Immigration Advocates Rally Around U.S.

There are 8730 comments on the Channels.netscape.com story from Apr 10, 2006, titled Immigration Advocates Rally Around U.S.. In it, Channels.netscape.com reports that:

Tens of thousands of immigrants spilled into the streets of Atlanta and other cities Monday in a national day of action billed as a ``campaign for immigrants' dignity.'' In North Carolina and Dallas, immigrant ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Channels.netscape.com.

Shu Lin Fan

Philadelphia, PA

#7406 Dec 21, 2006
Sparky wrote:
For those who think that "comprehensive" amnesty is the only way to solve the illegal immigration. I think it is time to wake up and look at the facts. They do nothing for our economy but hold wages down. They stress local schools, hospitals, law enforcement cost of border enforcement etc. which the taxpayers have to pay for. They say they pay taxes. Well guess what; if you work for cash, or you claim a dozen kids and don't file a tax form, the only taxes you would pay is sales tax. Then they will send billions of dollars back to Mexico. Think how much better our economy would be if that money was spent here. The only solution to this problem, is to start putting the employer, who is willing to take a chance on hiring these people, in jail and given a very large fine. Also, when they are stopped for any reason and are found to be an illegal immigrant these people need to be deported back to where they came from. "One-time" amnesty was given back in 1986 and turned out to be a miserable failure. If our government would just follow the laws, we have on the books now, a lot of illegal immigrants would leave on there own. As for Bush and his foreign guest worker program how many does he think we need as there are maybe up to twenty-five million here now. A lot of which are on welfare of some kind. Americans were doing all of the jobs Bush says we will not do 25 years ago.
The GOP president and Congress have kept wages down. Not the illegals. If GOP was so concerned about US wages, they would have granted us a minimum wage increase.
Lock N Load

Studio City, CA

#7407 Dec 21, 2006
Another false statement by our President
By the way, the networks cut away from the news conference before this question was asked and I have found very little reference to it in the msm.
Below is an excerpt from the President's news conference which was held yesterday. He made a comment about the Swift packing house raids:
they found people working that had been here illegally, but all of them had documents that said they were here legally -- they were using forged documents, which just reminded me that the system we have in place has caused people to rely upon smugglers and forgers in order to do work Americans aren't doing."
Does our President think we are all idiots? His proposed "Guest Worker" program would use the same people for administration as the current Immigration process. What would change? NOTHING!
The statement: "rely upon smugglers and forgers in order to do work Americans aren't doing" maybe the most reprehensible statement he has made yet.
Of course Americans are not doing the job for the wages offered because they do not like living on dirt floors or stacked in garages and attics.
Swift increased their wage scale even before the raids because they knew they were paying less than they should for the jobs. They were informed in advance of the raids.
After reading the entire text of the news conference it is obvious that either the President and his staff have not read one word in the millions of faxes / letters American citizens have sent or they just plain do not care about the will of the people.
I thought Tony Snow might bring along some sound advice when he was recruited by the President but Tony now follows "lock-step" to the direction of Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke.
We obviously need to increase the volume of our voices to compete with the President's microphone and the MSM. This Christmas while you join with your families in celebration, take time to look around the room and take note of your freedoms. Remember those who are serving or have served to protect our sovereignty and our freedoms that our elected officials are giving away bit by bit. After Christmas day, get on the phone to D.C. and local phone access to your State Representive and Senators.
Tell them: NO AMNESTY
NO GUEST WORKER POGRAM
END THE ANCHOR BABY MADNESS
ENFORCE CURRENT IMMIGRATION LAW
DEPORT ELVIRA ARELLANO NOW
SECURE OUR BORDERS AND PORTS OF ENTRY
WITHOLD FEDERAL FUNDS FROM ANY MUNICIPALITY THAT DECLARES SANCTUARY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS
REMOVE TAX-EXEMPT STATUS FROM GROUPS OPENLY SUPPORTING LAW BREAKERS
MAKE HR 4437 LAW WITHOUT ANY RECONCILIATION TO THE SENATE BILL
Join Numbers USA for free faxing to your members of Congress:
http://www.numbersusa.com/index
http://www.minutemenmidwest.com/EntryDetail.a...
concerned american

United States

#7408 Dec 21, 2006
john wrote:
<quoted text>WEBSTER's THIRD NEW INTERNATIONAL DICTIONARY AND NOW TO you illegal invaders and lovers ENGLISH class is now in hurry up it's FREE. THE word of the day is INVADE= TO PENETRATE STEADILY BY TAKING UP RESIDENCE
http://www.topix.net/forum/atl anta/TNHC206TQJTE1FVKR

Since: Dec 06

Reidsville, NC

#7409 Dec 21, 2006
Irenicus wrote:
The americans are racist and xenophobic thatīs the whole shit about the topic. Capitalism is the cancer of the world!!!!!!!!!
Well, if you don't like the topic, go to another site and stop with the name calling.

Reidsville, NC

#7410 Dec 21, 2006
stuck in the middle wrote:
<quoted text>
Me a racist? I dont think so. Why would you say that??
Don't pay any attention about someone from Argentina's opinion, he has no dog in this race. This is about illegals aliens coming to America, not Argentina.

Didn't you know that if you don't agree with some of these folks you are a racist? They miss the whole point that the site is about illegal aliens, not legal immigrants.
debbie

Jacksonville, NC

#7411 Dec 21, 2006
my husband is one of those that people talk about he came here illegally, but now he is legal. No i do not condone how he got here, but he paid for the way he came in. The government made him pay a penalty fee. I just think the government should make them all pay and if they are a drain on our economy, then they should go home. Or if they run their fingerprints and they have misbehaved since being here then they too should go home. But if the only law they broke was entering illegaly, then make them pay and get on the right track to a citicenship. And i also agree they should make the border a little safer and have a stronger security team. As for the minute men, i do not agree with them they should not murder or shoot people coming in the country. A citicens arrest would be ok, but the are taking it too far. But if they make the border down south stronger they should also look up.
And as for people coming here and sending money home. I will not say anything, because my husband sends money home. But i wouldnt say anything if they put a fee on it, kind of like a tax that goes to the government.
I guess i see where both sides are coming from, but some things people do, they take it too far.
Lock N Load

Studio City, CA

#7412 Dec 21, 2006
( CNSNews.com )- Gun-toting members of the Mexican military are crossing regularly into U.S. territory, where they are partnering with drug cartels and criminal gangs to protect sophisticated smuggling operations, according to Texas sheriffs and lawmakers.

Some of the Mexican infiltrators are suspected to have been trained by the U.S. military..
U.S. Border Patrol agents and local law enforcement officials operating along the southwestern border have come under attack from the Mexican side in recent months, with automatic gunfire frequently erupting, Rep. John Culberson (R-Texas) told Cybercast News Service.
Mexican military units and drug cartels have access to weaponry and communications equipment far more advanced than resources made available to U.S. officials on the state and federal level, Culberson said.
"The U.S. Border Patrol is telling its agents to just lay low and report on what they see," he said. "They are instructed to determine the size of the [Mexican military] unit, the number of personnel, the direction of travel."
The U.S. ambassador to Mexico has sent diplomatic notes to the Mexican government complaining about incursions into U.S. territory by "individuals dressed in military uniforms," according to a congressional report.
Read more here:
And sign up for news to your inbox.
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp...

Reidsville, NC

#7413 Dec 21, 2006
Lock N Load wrote:
( CNSNews.com )- Gun-toting members of the Mexican military are crossing regularly into U.S. territory, where they are partnering with drug cartels and criminal gangs to protect sophisticated smuggling operations, according to Texas sheriffs and lawmakers.
Some of the Mexican infiltrators are suspected to have been trained by the U.S. military..
U.S. Border Patrol agents and local law enforcement officials operating along the southwestern border have come under attack from the Mexican side in recent months, with automatic gunfire frequently erupting, Rep. John Culberson (R-Texas) told Cybercast News Service.
Mexican military units and drug cartels have access to weaponry and communications equipment far more advanced than resources made available to U.S. officials on the state and federal level, Culberson said.
"The U.S. Border Patrol is telling its agents to just lay low and report on what they see," he said. "They are instructed to determine the size of the [Mexican military] unit, the number of personnel, the direction of travel."
The U.S. ambassador to Mexico has sent diplomatic notes to the Mexican government complaining about incursions into U.S. territory by "individuals dressed in military uniforms," according to a congressional report.
Read more here:
And sign up for news to your inbox.
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp...
Thanks, I signed up.
Shu Lin Fan

Philadelphia, PA

#7414 Dec 21, 2006
I have a theory that the more vociferous a man is in his opposition to illegal immigration, the shorter his penis size. I have no way of proving of course. But it strikes me that beating up on illegals is a way of making up for other sorts of deficiencies.

Take for instance, a guy named "locked and loaded". If that name doesn't have puny penis written all over it-I don't know what does.

Boston, MA

#7415 Dec 21, 2006
Lots of people come into this country through legal means. It's not fair to give the people who broke the rules a free pass into this country.

Who do these Irish think they are to be asking for special treatment:

"At St. Patrick's Day parades in San Francisco and Chicago last weekend, activists with the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform wore white-and-green T-shirts saying "Legalize The Irish" and passed out flyers urging people to call their elected representatives in support of allowing undocumented workers to earn legal status as guest workers. Similar activism is expected at parades in other cities in coming days.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...

http://www.irishlobbyusa.org/press/sfgatemar1...
Lock N Load

Studio City, CA

#7416 Dec 21, 2006
Shu Lin Fan wrote:
I have a theory that the more vociferous a man is in his opposition to illegal immigration, the shorter his penis size. I have no way of proving of course. But it strikes me that beating up on illegals is a way of making up for other sorts of deficiencies.
Take for instance, a guy named "locked and loaded". If that name doesn't have puny penis written all over it-I don't know what does.
Itís not the size of the ship, itís the motion of the ocean.
Thankís for the laugh.
LNL.
Lock N Load

Studio City, CA

#7417 Dec 21, 2006
MollyB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I signed up.
Here is another site you and others ma be interested in.
After signing up (its free) you get E-Mail to your in box,
And also links to send free fasís to your elected reps.
LNL.
john

Tampa, FL

#7418 Dec 21, 2006
Shu Lin Fan wrote:
What are your thought's on the illegal's invaders.

Reidsville, NC

#7419 Dec 21, 2006
Lock N Load wrote:
<quoted text>Here is another site you and others ma be interested in.
After signing up (its free) you get E-Mail to your in box,
And also links to send free fasís to your elected reps.
LNL.
Thank, again, for the link. What I found interesting is the listing of all the states and the businesses that are trying to go by our immigration laws.
It's like they said: most Americans would rather support businesses that hire legal workers.

Long island NY & Texas

#7420 Dec 21, 2006
MollyB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank, again, for the link. What I found interesting is the listing of all the states and the businesses that are trying to go by our immigration laws.
It's like they said: most Americans would rather support businesses that hire legal workers.
Molly we need more Americans like you

“desde mexico ocupado”

My home is where my hat is

#7422 Dec 21, 2006
debbie wrote:
And as for people coming here and sending money home. I will not say anything, because my husband sends money home. But i wouldnt say anything if they put a fee on it, kind of like a tax that goes to the government.
Thank you for a rare sensible and thoughtful post. The more money that flows from the US to Mexico, the better off Mexico will be and the less the pressure to migrate north. I am going down there soon to spend as much money as I can to help out and I encourage all Americans to do the same. cont'd...

“desde mexico ocupado”

#7423 Dec 21, 2006
The most twisted take on sending money to Mexico was by revolutionaries in the impoverished southern states of Mexico, who urged their brethren who had migrated north NOT to send money south (where it was needed). These same people declared a war on tourism and tried to keep THEM from bringing THEIR money south. How these seditious terrorists came up with these insane and suicidal ideas is quite beyond me, even though we have equally insane and suicidal plots hatched at home by the anti-terrorists. cont'd...

“desde mexico ocupado”

#7424 Dec 21, 2006
The new president of Mexico brought these idiots to heel. Right after that he made one of the biggest drug busts ever for which he paid for with the assasination of a relative. This is a brave honest fair minded and intelligent man which is rare in a leader. If he is not assasinated, I would say Mexico is a good bet for investment. However you can send as much money as you can to Mexico!

“desde mexico ocupado”

#7425 Dec 21, 2006
MollyB wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pay any attention about someone from Argentina's opinion, he has no dog in this race. This is about illegals aliens coming to America, not Argentina.
I wouldn't be too sure about this MollyB. Three major developments have ocurred in US-Latin American politics recently.
1. An overwhelming number of Latin American countries have elected leftist governments.
2. These countries are showing a determination to swiftly form something like the European Union to ally AGAINST THE UNITED STATES!
3. Mexico is a notable exception to this, but it has a 49% leftist minority. They are allies of the leftist Latin American coalition.

“desde mexico ocupado”

#7426 Dec 21, 2006
[QUOTE who="Lock N Load
[/QUOTE]
Instead of a note they should send money. The president of Mexico would like nothing better than to blow these miscreants away. But it ain't cheap!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newnan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Nulink (May '09) Feb 5 RGR555 84
News Police Officer Arrested On Sex Charges (Sep '06) Feb 1 tammygardner 14
Stefan Gray Bennie Gray Jan 28 kold 1
Newnan Historical Society Jan 26 keepitreal 1
Northgate High Jan 26 supportarts 1
Jeff Chandler Resigned (May '14) Jan 22 pilgrim 1,283
Septic pump float Jan 20 Jason S 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newnan Mortgages