Comments
41 - 60 of 111 Comments Last updated Feb 14, 2014

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#41 Jan 20, 2010
New law coming up wrote:
I heared tell that a politician is pushing a law throught that eliminate municipalities like Grantville from fooling around on the Interstate trying to catch speeders anyway!
Wonder why this law is being pushed from a LaGrange politician? Because of these high dollar horror stories that we hear and read about.
What about that police boy who was driving an offenders car and crashed travelling in excess of 100 mph? That was just plain awful.
In many States the Interstates are patrolled/controlled by the State Police (Highway Patrol) and County Sheriff Dept.
Newnan

United States

#42 Jan 25, 2010
Curious PoPo wrote:
<quoted text>
Brown bag or pack your lunch and save the fuel by staying in Grantville! Very logical answer instead of joyriding all over Newnan and Coweta County.
None of this argument makes any sense to me. Officers don't leave the jurisdiction to go to Newnan to eat lunch. If they are going into Newnan on business (taking someone to CCO jail, etc.) then by all means they have the right to go through a drive through and pickup a hot lunch. Give me a break. These comments are petty, malicious and stupid. Find something real to talk about.
Newnan

United States

#43 Jan 25, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
nope they don't have to. and if they want to leave the city to eat, they can. maybe some food joints should open up in grantville. but that would require new business and growth, something the current council is opposed to.
Why is it so hard for new businesses to come into Grantville? What is stopping it? I have wondered the same thing.
Newnan

United States

#44 Jan 25, 2010
crackalack wrote:
well from what i see the whole town is on crack and meth so go figure!
For those of us who don't smoke or do illegal drugs, do me a favor... Unless you have a direct line with God and are in the know, or have solid, concrete proof that the WHOLE town is on illegal drugs zip it. If you are that negative, go move somewhere else and take all the prejudice, false statements with you and maybe Grantville can rise above the ashes of stupidity and become a better place.
Newnan

United States

#45 Jan 25, 2010
crackalack wrote:
the rest can take a zanex, smoke a joint or drink some cheap liquor
Your knowledge of drugs and the correct names further emphasizes the lack of intelligent knowledge of the matter. It's Xanax or alprazolam not "xanex". It's what to expect with uninformed, uneducated persons who make false accusations that get us nowhere.
Newnan

United States

#46 Jan 25, 2010
CURIOUS301 wrote:
WELL I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE POLICE IN GRANTVILLE ARE GETTING PAID BY THE DRUG DEALERS IN GRANTVILLE I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR AWHILE AND IF U CALL THE POLICE ON SOMEONE OUT HERE WHO DEALS DOPE THE POLICE WILL NOT ARREST THEM B/C THEN THEY WILL BE LOSING MONEY SO IF U DON'T SHIT ABOUT GRANTVILLE DON'T STICK UR NOSE IN IT. GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE U TRY AND SAY SOMETHING ABOUT A TOWN U DON'T EVEN LIVE IN.
Let's help the uninformed and uneducated, yet again. The posts on this website don't list the town you live in. I am so dying to see/hear proof that the Grantville Police Department is financially benefitting in an illegal manner from the dope dealers in Grantville/Coweta County. Bring it. Tell you what. Compile your evidence (NOT hearsay, not opinion) to the council meetings. I'll attend and see for myself. If you and everyone else in Grantville have proof that anyone is contributing to and being paid off by the local dope dealers...then BRING YOUR PROOF, STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RIGHT AND TURN THEM IN. People who stand on the sidelines and make false accusations and statements are the very ones who don't stand up, try to make things right and expect someone else to place their life on the line to protect them. There is a word for that kind of person. It's a coward.

So, again, come and bring your evidence. Let's purge this place of the wrongdoers. Be sure your slate is pristine and perfect too okay?

Maybe, just maybe, if the town would support and back up the police department in their endeavors against drugs and crime....hmmmm but that would make too much sense and mean those people slinging insults would have to be noble and get off of their behinds and DO something about it.
Newnan

United States

#47 Jan 25, 2010
Retired PoPo Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow that smoke up someone elses ass!
If you are in LE, you know what goes along with the job. It is easy to correct. Leave and go into another career field.
It is pure logic and excellent management skills to keep your men and vehicles in their jurisdiction unless they are on official police business (court, transporting to and from jail, meeting with the Magistrate or DA's office, or legitimately making erands).
Packing or taking your lunch (especially in this danger zone, hot spot of Grantville, and back-to-back call every twelve hour shift) it is part of being the properly prepared LEO!
Ummm, no. I don't smoke. You may do whatever you wish behind your closed doors but blowing smoke and asses are not something normal folks are into. No thanks.

I am not retired in LE, not working in LE. I am in the medical field. I have medical, military and LE background through other avenues you would never understand. If your backside has ever patrolled in a vehicle for 12+ hours with breaks, etc., you would know that packing a lunch is great..but a hot meal is allowed and not illegal. The argument was that the officers were gallivanting around town and not on official business... which is not true. Furthermore, "General-go-by-the-book " if you have been in LE at any time, you of all people should have a deep appreciation of what goes into the job. Something that none of the ignorant, prejudiced and uneducated mud-slingers understand. Apparently, you may not be in LE anymore and I'm guessing part of the reason is you were not a "team player" as much as any other.

I bet your "smoke blowin ass" never sat in the jungle for 3 days with no food and no water, not moving, in difficult weather conditions (which would be severe to anyone else without character and honor) weapon in hand in order to protect the freedoms you enjoy every day. Including the "freedom of speech" one you seem to be exercising.

Wish to God they had included "freedom of speech without stupidity and prejudice" in that.....

Have a good day "sir".
Common Sense

Atlanta, GA

#48 Jan 26, 2010
JLB wrote:
I got a speeding fine from the Grantville police department. I was going 79, and the speed had just changed to 50 in a work zone. It was Thanksgiving weekend, and three officers were lined up to pull people over. My fine was over $1600 for speeding only. There were no license, insurance, or alcohol charges. The next week the speed limit was back at 70 at the same place with the exact same conditions. If speed limits are set for safety instead of to increase revenue this makes no sense. Obviously, the city changed the limit to increase revenue over the holiday weekend.
speed is set by the state of georgia. take it up with them
browser

Newnan, GA

#49 Feb 1, 2010
Newnan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so hard for new businesses to come into Grantville? What is stopping it? I have wondered the same thing.
Nothing is "stopping" businesses from coming to Grantville, there are simply better choices in places with more people, more activity and greater liklihood of being able to stay in business.

Virtually everyone in Grantville has to drive out of town to earn a wage, and they spend those wages where they spend most of their time. It's just an economic reality that there are not enough spending dollars in Grantville to sustain any more consumer businesses. The few we have are hanging on by a thread.

Food Lion was willing to gamble on growth until the economy fell apart, but it didn't make economic sense for them to stick with that plan. We (and councilwoman Jabaley) can keep dreaming all we want, but no 'brand name' store is in our immediate future, grocery or otherwise. Seriously, if YOU were in a business that depended on a steady stream of foot traffic (day as well as night) to be profitable, you wouldn't choose Grantville at this time, would you? When the economy upticks and a few places can join together and make a go of it, maybe that will change but until then we have to put our big panties on and drive to Newnan.

Remember, it wasn't all that long ago that folks in Newnan had to drive to Peachtree City or Atlanta to get any real variety in places to eat or shop. That's just the way economic development works. "If you build it, They will come," is just a fantasy and any smart business person knows that!

Until the economic conditions are such that Grantville's available real estate becomes truly viable for a big employer, we are not likely to see many consumer businesses stick around. The only 'new employers' on the horizon in this market are mostly Kia-related and it will take a long time before any of that comes as far north as Grantville.

BTW, when the sun comes up, the 9-5 people go to work (mostly out of town,) the night shift workers go to sleep, the kids go to school, and stay-at-home parents stay home. The folks you see hanging out on the streets, least of all the meth heads, are hardly representative of the entire population of Grantville!
browser

Newnan, GA

#50 Feb 1, 2010
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
speed is set by the state of georgia. take it up with them
and the fees and fine 'chart' is set by the council (sometimes based on state mandates) and the JUDGE makes the final determination. the police officers have nothing to do with the price you pay for breaking the law. they just do their job and report you for doing so.
Joker

Decatur, GA

#51 Feb 2, 2010
Fees ARE NOT set by the Council. It is between the Judge and the State of Georgia. FYI
browser wrote:
<quoted text>
and the fees and fine 'chart' is set by the council (sometimes based on state mandates) and the JUDGE makes the final determination. the police officers have nothing to do with the price you pay for breaking the law. they just do their job and report you for doing so.
jeremy thompson

Jonesboro, GA

#52 Feb 3, 2010
i will show my name cause i do live in grantville its not as bad as you guys put it there aint no bad cop in grantville altho i do feel harrased a few times but you cant get mad at the police for doing there job... prople really grow up you brake the law and dont think ur gonna get caught ??? whats up with that??? we do have some good police and some that may seem not so good but there doing there job to keep grantville safe and thats all that matters... i will back them 100% and if you know me then you would know me and the police dont get alone to good but whats rite is rite you can get mad all you want and post stuff on the internet all day long its still not gonna stop tjhem fromm doing there job!!!

Since: Jan 09

Alpharetta, GA

#53 Feb 5, 2010
Grantville Police Watch wrote:
On Wednesday I saw a Grantville Police car sitting about a mile north on I-85 with all his lights on watching the southbound traffic outside Grantville CITY LIMITS. I recognized the vehicle because it was a black and white marked City of Grantville car.
If there isn't anything going on in Grantville crime wise it would be nice to see them patrolling the neighborhoods. He wasn't running radar cause I was speeding and I don't think he can run radar on the highway outside of Grantville.
I wouldn't care if he was running radar to make a little money for the city but there is crime in Grantville. The city mananger was just arrested for buying pot in the park. Did that activity stop?
I am sure he was trying to get some southbound money from the drug dealers so he could buy some new cars but he should stick to patrolling Grantville.
You truly have nothing to do and no idea what the officer is doing. You are assuming alot and just stirring the pot. Stick to your day job if you have one.
Joker

Decatur, GA

#54 Feb 5, 2010
Weel said!!!
jeremy thompson wrote:
i will show my name cause i do live in grantville its not as bad as you guys put it there aint no bad cop in grantville altho i do feel harrased a few times but you cant get mad at the police for doing there job... prople really grow up you brake the law and dont think ur gonna get caught ??? whats up with that??? we do have some good police and some that may seem not so good but there doing there job to keep grantville safe and thats all that matters... i will back them 100% and if you know me then you would know me and the police dont get alone to good but whats rite is rite you can get mad all you want and post stuff on the internet all day long its still not gonna stop tjhem fromm doing there job!!!
Joker

Decatur, GA

#55 Feb 5, 2010
Actually that would be WELL SAID! Sorry for the typo!
jeremy thompson wrote:
Community

Prior Lake, MN

#56 Feb 8, 2010
jeremy thompson wrote:
Jeremy,
I, too, live here in Grantville. I appreciate your post and your thoughts. The world is not perfect but I am glad we have a police department here too. I think they are doing a great job. Most of the people I hear complain about the police are usually ones who have broken the law. you sound like a great candidate for city council...fair and interested in what is good for grantville...

;) have a great day and thanks again!
Nick Sasso

Stone Mountain, GA

#57 Feb 16, 2010
Just read on another thread that their is a newspaper artcile in Times-Herald suggests that Jabaley, Coty and Ludy intend to dissolve the Police department.

Wow. Just wow. Gun sales will likely go up.
Joker

AOL

#58 Feb 16, 2010
Nick Sasso wrote:
Just read on another thread that their is a newspaper artcile in Times-Herald suggests that Jabaley, Coty and Ludy intend to dissolve the Police department.
Wow. Just wow. Gun sales will likely go up.
Could you put information on this thread so we can read it.
Not no jungle man

Newnan, GA

#59 Feb 17, 2010
Nah, I haven't had that "jungle business" yet. Thank you for sitting in the jungle for three days with nothing to eat and drink.
Sitting three deep in a eating joint isn't the same as going through a drive through and picking up vittles!
Like I said, go blow all this miraculous stuff up somebody elses bunghole...
...all jobs have danger in them! Look at the light man, them folks working on the interstate, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, etc...
...I am getting hungry and thirsty. By gosh, I have not eaten anything since lunch.
SGS

Newnan, GA

#60 Feb 18, 2010
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>Could you put information on this thread so we can read it.
I have not seen him reply yet, did you really think he would? Check out the info very closely if he does give any.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newnan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 12 min Chopper Read 53,318
Jeff Chandler Resigned 6 hr New Story 1,210
God in the Government !! 23 hr Hmmm 122
Sheriff Yeager .... Inv. Elaine Jordan ........ (Jul '12) Fri Hmmm 17
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Thu Pfffft 185
Micah 3:11-12 Wed Hmmm 22
SummerGrove is no longer a jewel but a "COW PATTY" (Sep '11) Aug 27 Ms Tish 1,737
•••

Newnan News Video

•••
•••

Newnan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newnan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••