Grantville Police
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Grantville Police Watch

Newnan, GA

#1 Dec 17, 2009
On Wednesday I saw a Grantville Police car sitting about a mile north on I-85 with all his lights on watching the southbound traffic outside Grantville CITY LIMITS. I recognized the vehicle because it was a black and white marked City of Grantville car.

If there isn't anything going on in Grantville crime wise it would be nice to see them patrolling the neighborhoods. He wasn't running radar cause I was speeding and I don't think he can run radar on the highway outside of Grantville.

I wouldn't care if he was running radar to make a little money for the city but there is crime in Grantville. The city mananger was just arrested for buying pot in the park. Did that activity stop?

I am sure he was trying to get some southbound money from the drug dealers so he could buy some new cars but he should stick to patrolling Grantville.
Sammie

United States

#2 Dec 17, 2009
Goodness gracious, a few months ago, the peoples were in an uproar because the police were down town all the time.

Before that, they were in an uproar because there are too many police on duty at one time [two is too many I guess].

Darned if ya do and darned if ya donít.

Grantvilleions, are messed up.
Curious

Newnan, GA

#3 Dec 17, 2009
Yes. The former city manager stopped buying marijuana in the city park.
Grantville Police Watch

Newnan, GA

#4 Dec 18, 2009
It would be nice to have them patrolling the city. I think the State Patrol and Coweta County can handle the highway outside the city limits of Grantville.
WONDERING

United States

#5 Dec 19, 2009
HEY POLICE WATCH WHATS THE K-9 CAR STAYING PARKED IN FRONT OF TUCKERS ALL DAY AND NIGHT, IS IT BECAUSE THE JUNK IS BROKE DOWN OR ARE WE PROVIDING THEFT DETERENT FOR MORE BUSINESS THEN THE 2 GAS STATIONS AT THE INTERSTATE?
Tony

Decatur, GA

#6 Dec 21, 2009
I just heard from several friends that just received speeding tickets for $1500.00, yes now they are both having to take out 2nd mortgates to pay. Why is a this town turning to robbery from inocent citizens to collect revenue? Shame, shame shame.
Shame

Newnan, GA

#7 Dec 25, 2009
Tony

If G'ville PD were running radar out of the city limits...I am no lawyer but I think I would fight it. I know fighting the ticket cost money too.

The speed limit in between 41 and 47 is 70mph now...or I hope so.

The police in this town have their priorities all upside down. That's why the Sheriff's Office should take over.
Peacemaker

Marietta, GA

#8 Dec 27, 2009
Hello...G'ville.. Some of you people are really making yourself look sooo un-intellagent... In reference to the Grantville Police Car outside the city limits with his/her blue lights on.. Well first, if their blue lights were on, then they were NOT running Radar. Duh.. (Police 101). second, they were probably just finishing up on a call that they were dispatched to in an effort to assist Coweta COunty who is too busy to handle all their calls much less take over Grantville calls.. You people are crazy to think CCSo should take over the city.. The calls would never get the responce time they diserve, nor would you ever have any Police/Sheriff presence in the high crime ares unless a call was dispatched.. people..please use your brains.. From what i was told by a person in your city, the call volume in the city of Grantville has more..I said more than doubled in 2009 from 2008.. Does that look like a city that does not need a Police Dept.NO.. I am a concerned citizen that does not live in your city, but I do have friends that work in law Enf. in this County and they too have seen the need for a POLICE dept in Grantville.. Wake up people..wake up.
Newnan

United States

#9 Dec 28, 2009
Tony wrote:
I just heard from several friends that just received speeding tickets for $1500.00, yes now they are both having to take out 2nd mortgates to pay. Why is a this town turning to robbery from inocent citizens to collect revenue? Shame, shame shame.
So, the cops are resorting to robbery for writing a speeding ticket and your friends have to pay a fine for breaking the law? Wow...sounds like this country has been committing real crimes for a long, long time. Let's see...if you have to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay your speeding ticket and it burns a bit....perhaps they will slow down and avoid getting another? I am so sick and tired of people whining and complaining about law enforcement. Grow up!
Newnan

United States

#10 Dec 28, 2009
Shame wrote:
Tony
If G'ville PD were running radar out of the city limits...I am no lawyer but I think I would fight it. I know fighting the ticket cost money too.
The speed limit in between 41 and 47 is 70mph now...or I hope so.
The police in this town have their priorities all upside down. That's why the Sheriff's Office should take over.
City limits? Have you investigated and determined the legal limit in which they can write a citation for speeding? Hmmm. Maybe you should find out. Their priorities are upside down? How do you know? Do you work for them? with them? Exactly what are their priorites....their legal job descriptions? Do you know? What are their legal limitations? Why don't you take time to find out and be informed.
Newnan

United States

#11 Dec 28, 2009
WONDERING wrote:
HEY POLICE WATCH WHATS THE K-9 CAR STAYING PARKED IN FRONT OF TUCKERS ALL DAY AND NIGHT, IS IT BECAUSE THE JUNK IS BROKE DOWN OR ARE WE PROVIDING THEFT DETERENT FOR MORE BUSINESS THEN THE 2 GAS STATIONS AT THE INTERSTATE?
why don't you call them and find out instead of whining on the internet?
Newnan

United States

#12 Dec 28, 2009
Grantville Police Watch wrote:
On Wednesday I saw a Grantville Police car sitting about a mile north on I-85 with all his lights on watching the southbound traffic outside Grantville CITY LIMITS. I recognized the vehicle because it was a black and white marked City of Grantville car.
If there isn't anything going on in Grantville crime wise it would be nice to see them patrolling the neighborhoods. He wasn't running radar cause I was speeding and I don't think he can run radar on the highway outside of Grantville.
I wouldn't care if he was running radar to make a little money for the city but there is crime in Grantville. The city mananger was just arrested for buying pot in the park. Did that activity stop?
I am sure he was trying to get some southbound money from the drug dealers so he could buy some new cars but he should stick to patrolling Grantville.
Have you investigated to see where the limits of their running radar is? Have you investigated to see what the calls are they are answering? Do you have a behind the scenes in the know of what you are talking about? I for one would be delighted for them to obtain more money from southbound drug dealers...and place those funds into the city to help supply the need to fight the war on crime and drugs.... the war cannot be fought with empty words and air...it does take money you know. perhaps another car was patrolling grantville? maybe he was posted there to be on the lookout for a suspect car known to be headed to grantville? tell me, do you have a fly on the wall view of what is going on in the police department and are you in the know of what is going on ? When you do...then make your observations based on fact.... would be refreshing for once...
Joker

Decatur, GA

#13 Dec 29, 2009
Excellent points and well said!
Newnan wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you investigated to see where the limits of their running radar is? Have you investigated to see what the calls are they are answering? Do you have a behind the scenes in the know of what you are talking about? I for one would be delighted for them to obtain more money from southbound drug dealers...and place those funds into the city to help supply the need to fight the war on crime and drugs.... the war cannot be fought with empty words and air...it does take money you know. perhaps another car was patrolling grantville? maybe he was posted there to be on the lookout for a suspect car known to be headed to grantville? tell me, do you have a fly on the wall view of what is going on in the police department and are you in the know of what is going on ? When you do...then make your observations based on fact.... would be refreshing for once...
Please Read

Decatur, GA

#14 Dec 29, 2009
Peacemaker,

You know you live in the city. No one would even care if they did not live here.

The comment did not say anything about blue lights. The police car was observing traffic with the spot light and high beams on. The Sheriff, State Patrol and city police do it within there jurisdiction. Secondly, why is Grantville PD out there working the county if the calls have doubled. Would it make more sense to working those high crime areas inside the city limits.

I understand they are trying to take some money off the highway to generate a little revenue for the city police but work it within the city limits. That's how police department get a bad name by fudging on the police reports.
Peacemaker wrote:
Hello...G'ville.. Some of you people are really making yourself look sooo un-intellagent... In reference to the Grantville Police Car outside the city limits with his/her blue lights on.. Well first, if their blue lights were on, then they were NOT running Radar. Duh..(Police 101). second, they were probably just finishing up on a call that they were dispatched to in an effort to assist Coweta COunty who is too busy to handle all their calls much less take over Grantville calls.. You people are crazy to think CCSo should take over the city.. The calls would never get the responce time they diserve, nor would you ever have any Police/Sheriff presence in the high crime ares unless a call was dispatched.. people..please use your brains.. From what i was told by a person in your city, the call volume in the city of Grantville has more..I said more than doubled in 2009 from 2008.. Does that look like a city that does not need a Police Dept.NO.. I am a concerned citizen that does not live in your city, but I do have friends that work in law Enf. in this County and they too have seen the need for a POLICE dept in Grantville.. Wake up people..wake up.
That aint nothing

Newnan, GA

#15 Dec 29, 2009
They stay in Newnan eating joints and shopping centers more than they stay in Grantville!
And don't use the excuse of going to the jail or court-neither are located at Moe's Grill or Sprayberry's!
Peacemaker

Santa Barbara, CA

#16 Dec 29, 2009
Please READ, your right it did not say Blue lights.. It said "ALL his lights on"...Well on most Police cars, All lights would include Blue lights... And NO I do not live in Grantville... Thank you very much..
Curious

Newnan, GA

#17 Dec 29, 2009
Speeders from out of state pay fines for gunning it through town .... or you pay higher property taxes for living in town. Whatcha want?

Simple solution. don't want to pay big fines in Grantville, then don't speed through Grantville. Absurd to thinkthat police should stop enforcing laws rather than people stop breaking them. What a group of maroons!
Joker

Decatur, GA

#18 Dec 30, 2009
Agreed! Don't break the law and you won't be ticketed or arrested. Plain and simple. It is beyond me how people can't grasp such a simple concept. Ignorance is bliss!

Go Grantville PD! Thanks for doing such a great job!
Curious wrote:
Speeders from out of state pay fines for gunning it through town .... or you pay higher property taxes for living in town. Whatcha want?
Simple solution. don't want to pay big fines in Grantville, then don't speed through Grantville. Absurd to thinkthat police should stop enforcing laws rather than people stop breaking them. What a group of maroons!
Curious

Newnan, GA

#19 Jan 2, 2010
Tony wrote:
Seriously. Seriously? Either someone has been smoking something illegal, or this was pulled out of someones butt. Last court I say in, someone got busted doing 94mph in 50mph zone and had a fine less than $700.

"Several people" must have been doing some serious crap to get $1500 in fines each. Or were there some DUI issues involved somewhere. Let's not completely destroy reality when you stretch it.

Or give us names and case numbers to check the real facts. Those darned durable facts again.
Common Sense

Gainesville, GA

#20 Jan 12, 2010
Tony wrote:
if this it what it takes to make them slow down, they deserve it. pretty sure they won't be speeding through grantville again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newnan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SummerGrove is no longer a jewel but a "COW PATTY" (Sep '11) 7 hr Doubtful 1,859
News Injustice In Coweta County (Apr '06) Jul 24 BeenThereandSeenIt 42
News Newnan man dead after Thursday shootout (Feb '07) Jul 17 Get a life 5
Grantville is more corrupt now. (May '11) Jul 17 Glad I live elsew... 38
Asians Targeted-Newnan Jul 15 Watchdog333 1
News Weather Alert: Severe Storms Possible in Carter... Jul 14 jo jo whites 1
News Weekly Arrest Reports Jul 13 lol 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newnan Mortgages