Newmarket School Board chair fails to...

Newmarket School Board chair fails to win re-election

There are 2 comments on the The Citizen story from May 12, 2007, titled Newmarket School Board chair fails to win re-election. In it, The Citizen reports that:

“I think I've taken a lot of the bullets in those discussions and I think those bullets caught up with me”

School Board Chairman Chris Hawkins failed to win re-election Tuesday, finishing fourth in a four-person race as longtime community member Chet Jablonski and Forrest Ransdell won the two available seats. via The Citizen

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Citizen.

samantha

Methuen, MA

#1 May 15, 2007
It is sad when the town choses a person
that is vindictive over one that really cares about the students.

The school board should start with a brand new facilities community.
BHD

Dover, NH

#2 Jun 13, 2007
The voter sent a clear message by turning out the chairman, who had run with a promise to build a new school.
Those elected seem willing to listen to the vast majority of voters who turned by the last two attempts to build a new and expensive school - both times by over 60 percent, the reverse of which would have been need to approve a new school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newmarket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College students commuting to portsmouth Jul 15 Alice225 1
News Clinton receives long-awaited endorsement from ... Jul 12 Jeff Brightone 1
rawhide Jul 12 Lighting 1
Review: My Reis Salon (May '11) Jul 8 avagardner 14
Joshua Auclair (Nov '10) May '16 Old friend from N... 8
News Updated: State Democrats elect final 8 national... Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
Alphonse Dixon (Aug '09) Dec '14 GarysCandyland 3

Newmarket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance