Police blotter

There are 4 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Aug 1, 2010, titled Police blotter. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

A Newmanstown woman who was badly injured when her bicycle was struck by a car a week ago has improved.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

Proud to be American

Huntingdon, PA

#1 Aug 2, 2010
I have a question.....will Regan be cited for not stopping? I truly believe that the bicyclists should be licensed and fined when they break the laws. Just this past weekend I witnessed 3 cyclists going through a red light without even slowing down. They were quite lucky they did not get hit. If they are going to share the road they should be held responsible.
EMT provider

Lebanon, PA

#2 Aug 3, 2010
Proud to be American wrote:
I have a question.....will Regan be cited for not stopping? I truly believe that the bicyclists should be licensed and fined when they break the laws. Just this past weekend I witnessed 3 cyclists going through a red light without even slowing down. They were quite lucky they did not get hit. If they are going to share the road they should be held responsible.
I honestly believe the injuries and pain that Regan suffered will do a lot more for a reminder than a traffic citation will ever do. After all, it nearly cost her her life.
Really

New Castle, PA

#3 Aug 3, 2010
EMT provider wrote:
<quoted text> I honestly believe the injuries and pain that Regan suffered will do a lot more for a reminder than a traffic citation will ever do. After all, it nearly cost her her life.
So, if someone is speeding / driving carelessly and wrecks their car and is seriously injured, they shouldn't be fined because they were seriously injured?

I'm sorry the woman was hurt but there are rules of the road for bicyclists
Just Me

Huntingdon, PA

#4 Aug 3, 2010
EMT provider wrote:
<quoted text> I honestly believe the injuries and pain that Regan suffered will do a lot more for a reminder than a traffic citation will ever do. After all, it nearly cost her her life.
Yes, but what about the person who hit her? He/she has to live with that for the rest of his/her life. I don't wish anyone harm, however, lets not forget she is the one who broke the law by running the stop sign, bicycle or car, stop means stop!!!

It has been my experience that cyclists believe that they do not have to follow the rules of the road.....and I believe they should be forced to...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newmanstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philly Harm Reduction 6.5 36 min Threestax 3,762
Philadelphia Flower Show 2017 15 hr GHawthorne 1
News Philadelphia police search for missing teens Tue Concerned citizen 1
Great Music (Jul '13) Mar 27 Jessie 2
News police, fire log - 8/7 (Aug '10) May '16 xxx 14
News Remembering the blizzard of 1958 (Feb '08) Jan '16 Jim 14
Amish Mafia Post Office Worker (Jan '13) Jan '13 Come on now 1

Newmanstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance