Body Found Under Monroe Street Bridge...

Body Found Under Monroe Street Bridge Indicates Possible Suicide

There are 4 comments on the KHQ-TV Spokane story from Feb 21, 2012, titled Body Found Under Monroe Street Bridge Indicates Possible Suicide. In it, KHQ-TV Spokane reports that:

SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police say preliminary investigation is leading them to believe the body found under the Monroe Street Bridge is a result of a suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHQ-TV Spokane.

alrossijd

Spokane, WA

#1 Feb 22, 2012
This person's wife is a dear friend of mind. Just out of curiosity: To those of you slamming those who commit suicide, do you ever wonder what effect your judgmental comments have on the loved ones left behind by suicides? If you are writing to talk about how wrong suicide is, or how selfish those who commit suicides are, please consider that your comments are hardly unique or novel. Maybe this might be a good time to refrain from sharing, and show how unselfish YOU can be.
Stacy M

Bozeman, MT

#2 Feb 23, 2012
alrossijd wrote:
This person's wife is a dear friend of mind. Just out of curiosity: To those of you slamming those who commit suicide, do you ever wonder what effect your judgmental comments have on the loved ones left behind by suicides? If you are writing to talk about how wrong suicide is, or how selfish those who commit suicides are, please consider that your comments are hardly unique or novel. Maybe this might be a good time to refrain from sharing, and show how unselfish YOU can be.
AMEN! I knew him and his wife as well. He was a good person. My heart aches for his wife and family.
Autumn Shores

Seattle, WA

#3 Feb 28, 2012
May the angels watch over him now, and may they keep his family safe from hatred and anger.
From Montana

Bozeman, MT

#4 Mar 13, 2012
alrossijd wrote:
Thank you for the kind words. I went to high school with both the man who passed and his wife.

Thirty two years ago, my father committed suicide. He was a veteran of 2 wars and a well thought of person in the community where he lived. No matter... The "community" gossiped.

In those days, the actual cause of death was printed in the obituary. Horrible for the family and supplying much needed information for the gossip mongers. I have attended suicide support groups, and found that most families start with: 1. Blame: Conspiracy-really was a murder (most typical), illness (undiagnosed or misdiagnosed), family member (spouse). The reason this happens, is so the family can shift the blame, because the other option is to take the abuse and judgement of suicide. What happens is family members become just as ill trying to cover it up. Very sad.

Many were cruel with their curious questions designed to obtain information and in turn humiliate me for actions beyond my control. Ironically, this torture (of sorts) continues to this day. I was 17 then, and am 50 now.

I so appreciate the last line of your words. "Maybe this is a good time ot refrain from sharing (your opinions), and show how unselfish YOU can be."

Those who relish emotinally harming others, are very sick.

Thank you for the kind words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newman Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
post some real information about the lake (Nov '06) Sep '14 BiGArny 2
News Police Raid Spokane Area Spas; LIVE Media Brief... (Jul '12) May '14 VeganTiger 18
moving to spokane area from buffalo ny (Sep '06) Feb '14 BiGArny 9
Woman near Newman Lake ? (Jan '14) Jan '14 BIGArny 1
avondre graham (Nov '13) Nov '13 shalamar petry 1
News Real estate revival (Aug '13) Aug '13 James harrison 2
News Spokane-area school system sued over ban on rel... (Mar '08) May '13 Uhh noo 5
More from around the web

Newman Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Newman Lake Mortgages