Councilman Tony Madrigal sentenced to three days in jail work release program: Reckless driving c...

Accused of sending text messages on his cell phone and using a laptop while driving, City Councilman Tony Madrigal pleaded no contest Wednesday to a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving and was sentenced to three days in County Jail, which he will serve through a work-release program. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Skiros 14

United States

#86 Nov 12, 2010
Missle Crisis wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a union idiot. Either that or a relative.
I know of a man who was killed in the cross walk while a person was texting. Didn't see him
every santa cruzan

Santa Cruz, CA

#88 Nov 12, 2010
People like this are dead weight on our already over-taxed system. We cannot afford losers like this.
Gruenny

Santa Cruz, CA

#89 Nov 12, 2010
Look at the Forest wrote:
This is not appropriate. Madrigal is NOT serving the CITY of Santa Cruz. He can not be absent from so many critical meetings while we are shaping the well-being of the CITY. I would not have my job if I missed so many days. We deserve a council member that is focused on addressing the needs of the CITY.
TONY MADRIGAL council ATTENDANCE RECORD
Five absences out of 25 closed sessions
Four absences out of 24 regular sessions at 3 p.m.
One absence out of 13 regular sessions at 7 p.m.
Seven absences out of 21 closed sessions
Four absences out of 19 regular sessions at 3 p.m.
Six absences out of 14 regular sessions at 7 p.m.
Source: Santa Cruz City Clerk's Office
This absenteeism is unacceptable. I agree with others who feel he should resign. Nothing racist about it.
Watsonvillain

Watsonville, CA

#90 Nov 12, 2010
Maria Contreras wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he is an insult to hard working latino families that he should be a role model for. Now it just makes us look like slack people looking for special attention and that we are above the law. He needs to resign. Dios Mio.
Why do you feel that one person represents an entire community? Do you feel that way when a white person commits a crime? Probably not.

Stop worrying so much of what white people think of you and start improving your community. You don't like Madrigal? Run for the City Council yourself.

ĄDios mio!
LOCAL-NATIVE S C LATINO

Fremont, CA

#91 Nov 12, 2010
Watsonvillain wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you feel that one person represents an entire community? Do you feel that way when a white person commits a crime? Probably not.
Stop worrying so much of what white people think of you and start improving your community. You don't like Madrigal? Run for the City Council yourself.
ĄDios mio!
No we don't feel like one person represents an entire community, but apparently Tony Madrigal and Phil Tabera do..
Maria Contreras

Rio Vista, CA

#93 Nov 12, 2010
Watsonvillain wrote:
<quoted text>
ĄDios mio!
Don't have him talk to our kids then. He aught to be ashamed of himself. Making like he's a role model. He's a fat, crooked politician who does not keep his word. While we are at it, he's made some promises to the latino community he has lied about. You must a friend of his. Tell him to resign already.
christinemarie

United States

#94 Dec 4, 2010
It is a disgrace that the Latino communities sit back and accept his conduct in all matters pertaining to being a city councilman.
Do the latino's really believe that we American citizens cannot wait to vote for legallizing illegal immigrants when one reads what Latino's are willing to accept as being acceptable and legal?
TRUECOLORS

Santa Cruz, CA

#95 Dec 5, 2010
christinemarie wrote:
It is a disgrace that the Latino communities sit back and accept his conduct in all matters pertaining to being a city councilman.
Do the latino's really believe that we American citizens cannot wait to vote for legallizing illegal immigrants when one reads what Latino's are willing to accept as being acceptable and legal?
HOW RACIST.

How can you say that the mexicans should stand up for their own..THATS RACIST.
(correction: Its only racist if your a white male)

Mexicans are what they are - look at their country- cant change em - now thats racist too.

Get over your do good feel good attitudes and get rid of the Mexicans/Latrinos....Thats not RACIST.. ITS PATRIOTIC.

BECOME AMERICAN or GO HOME
What A Laugh

Watsonville, CA

#96 Dec 5, 2010
BrownPower wrote:
Seems very clear, you all are jealous of someone that has it going a lot better than you do.
He is within his rights to choose personal freedom.
The cell phone and text law is no good anyway, so best that an elected official fights the cause.
Madrigal is the face of Santa Cruz, that is why he was elected. Don't get it? then you are the fool.
Go Tony! Go Tony! Go Tony!
Are you kidding Me? Time for an IQ test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr subscibe 15,995
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Adds up 200,938
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr lollypop 5,068
Aircraft Charter Service in India..? 19 hr singhaaditya 1
the robert woody situation (Mar '14) Mon jomama 5
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
Air Charter Companies near in Delhi Sep 13 Rahul06 4
•••
•••
•••

Newman Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Newman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE