Councilman Tony Madrigal sentenced to...

Councilman Tony Madrigal sentenced to three days in jail work release program: Reckless driving c...

There are 89 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Nov 11, 2010, titled Councilman Tony Madrigal sentenced to three days in jail work release program: Reckless driving c.... In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Accused of sending text messages on his cell phone and using a laptop while driving, City Councilman Tony Madrigal pleaded no contest Wednesday to a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving and was sentenced to three days in County Jail, which he will serve through a work-release program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Nov 11, 2010
"Yes, he shouldn't have been driving and working on his computer," said Tabera, who is president of the Salinas Union High School Board of Trustees. "Whoever is without guilt should throw the first stone. If voters didn't think he was competent, why did they elect him to office?"

Cuz they stupid...
diogenes

United States

#3 Nov 11, 2010
This was all carefully orchestrated by T&A Tony so that jail time would give him more cred with his SEIU thug buddies.
Employed Person

Monterey, CA

#4 Nov 11, 2010
Santa Cruz, can you elect them or what?
Patti

Berkeley, CA

#5 Nov 11, 2010
Employed Person wrote:
Santa Cruz, can you elect them or what?
It does not matter what they do or say as long as they are a Democrat.
Look at the Forest

Capitola, CA

#6 Nov 11, 2010
This is not appropriate. Madrigal is NOT serving the CITY of Santa Cruz. He can not be absent from so many critical meetings while we are shaping the well-being of the CITY. I would not have my job if I missed so many days. We deserve a council member that is focused on addressing the needs of the CITY.

TONY MADRIGAL council ATTENDANCE RECORD
Five absences out of 25 closed sessions
Four absences out of 24 regular sessions at 3 p.m.
One absence out of 13 regular sessions at 7 p.m.
Seven absences out of 21 closed sessions
Four absences out of 19 regular sessions at 3 p.m.
Six absences out of 14 regular sessions at 7 p.m.
Source: Santa Cruz City Clerk's Office
gail

United States

#7 Nov 11, 2010
Throw the BUM out!
presbush

Santa Cruz, CA

#8 Nov 11, 2010
gail wrote:
Throw the BUM out!
He is so darn stupid, that his mom thinks he should run for president :)
RacistGreenMnM

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Nov 11, 2010
NO SHOW - 27 out of 115 City council meetings.

=~ 1 out of 4 MISSED.

=~25% NO ATTENDANCE.

Can we label this as:

Racist?
Diversity?
Descriminatory
Progressive?

or RECALL?

“Oh well, been called worse ”

Since: Sep 09

Santa Cruz

#10 Nov 11, 2010
This guy is complete embarrassment to the city and the people of Santa Cruz ,,,,,
Sentinel Hit Piece

San Luis Obispo, CA

#11 Nov 11, 2010
What a hit piece. The guy gets a driving ticket and misses some council meetings and he now shows "a pattern of disturbing behavior"? Give me a break. Sounds like the wealthy owners of the Sentinel are once again going after a "union-organizer". Union-busting is so 19th century - grow up Sentinel.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Judy from Santa Cruz

United States

#12 Nov 11, 2010
Yes, throw him out. He should not be in there in the first place. He helps the illegals and fights for their rights which I will never understand as if you are here illegally then you have no rights and I'm not a racist, only believe in obeying the law and it doesn't matter what country you have come from.
Mythbuster

Daly City, CA

#13 Nov 11, 2010
"Yes, he shouldn't have been driving and working on his computer," said Tabera, who is president of the Salinas Union High School Board of Trustees. "Whoever is without guilt should throw the first stone. If voters didn't think he was competent, why did they elect him to office?"

Oh sure, blame the voters, way to take it like a man, a hole ! Not guilty to no contest, is he schizophrenic too? No, just playing the game like the other politicians. I'm amazed this idiot Tabera didnt play the race card too! Apologize madrigal, be a man. And then get lost.
Mythbuster

Daly City, CA

#14 Nov 11, 2010
Sentinel Hit Piece wrote:
What a hit piece. The guy gets a driving ticket and misses some council meetings and he now shows "a pattern of disturbing behavior"? Give me a break. Sounds like the wealthy owners of the Sentinel are once again going after a "union-organizer". Union-busting is so 19th century - grow up Sentinel.
And what about sexual harrassment and driving with a laptop and then pleading not guilty ("Lying"- translated for idiots). The meetings issue are just extra evidence that this guy is a slacker, and an embarrassment. Its not about unions its about standards for elected officials.
Loser

Santa Cruz, CA

#15 Nov 11, 2010
Tony Madrigal is a TOTAL LOSER and has been sicne day one. He is an embarrassment, plain and simple.

This guy needs to go
Nuts

United States

#16 Nov 11, 2010
He is a classic - first the incident during his SCPD ride-a-long, his lack of attendance at council meetings and now his reckless driving - he is an embarrassment to the community - throw his a@@ out!
Mr Ed

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Nov 11, 2010
He should resign.

“Oh well, been called worse ”

Since: Sep 09

Santa Cruz

#18 Nov 11, 2010
Looking at all the X's, mean faces, and flames just now put to all the comments above Id say the council man is reading this page ,,,,LOL
Heard it Before

San Ramon, CA

#19 Nov 11, 2010
Let him spend the night with his homey's. Life without parole, such a menace to everything Santa Cruz.
Questions

Watsonville, CA

#20 Nov 11, 2010
Given his lack of commitment to the Council and flagrant law breaking, he should be forced to clean up campsites along the river...though a few days in the pokey sounds apt as well.
Just my opinion

AOL

#21 Nov 11, 2010
As a Watsonville resident, I'd like to thank Councilman Madrigal for making our former Councilman Richard de la Paz look so good in comparison.

As for Madrigal's absentee problem, I think it deserves considering whether he has a primary residence in the San Joaquin Valley to be near his work, and frequently fails to commute back for council meetings. The phony residence scam was rumored to have been used for years by former Watsonville councilman Oscar Rios, and more recently by others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's that factory west of I-5 at Crow's Landing? (Apr '06) Jun 17 Ray michelle 88
Bella Esmail Moore.. The F.B.I and United State... (Jan '16) Jun 9 Romel Esmail 8
delhi secret sex (Feb '15) May 24 Bella Esmail Moor... 2
Romel Esmail Wanted For Fraud!!! Bring Him In F... (Dec '16) Apr '17 Bella Esmail Moore 2
Assyrian Community ( ROMEL ESMAIL WANTED FOR FR... (Mar '16) Apr '17 Romel Esmail 4
News Vallejo teenager drowns in San Joaquin River; c... (Sep '07) Oct '16 waste of time 27
News Criminal court calendar now online in Santa Cru... (Nov '15) Nov '15 WooF 11

Newman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newman Mortgages