"Sheriff" Frye, A Sheriff or a Joke???

Since: Mar 09

Banner Elk, NC

#128 Mar 16, 2010
Umm...I dont think Sheriff Frye has more experience as Ellenburg!You can have all the book sense in the world and still lack the common sense God gave a billygoat.
1) "He care's about the ederly, speaking at the senior center and checking on them daily." He probably only show's up at the senior center to speak for the free Donut's and coffee! And I am sure your hop in the vehicle with him everyday and go check on every single senior citizen.
2)I am glad our county finally got k-9's. But then again it wasn't Sheriff Frye's big idea. It has been in the work's for year's prior to him taking office.
3)I guess I am suppose to say that our above average solvability in crime's. Is due to Sheriff Frye. No, it's because of the hard work of his deputy's and Detective's who put in many hard long hour's while Kevin Frye is adding another notch to the belt by busting another buffet bar.
4)the Alsimer braclet idea was a state wide effort.
5)I dont think he has a great working relationship with area Depts. most of them cant stand him. Alot of officer's I have talked to say that.
6)already stated this I would rather have someone in charge with year's of first hand experiance than some piece of paper that took him 8 yrs. to get!
7)Deputy's do deserve a raise! Can't refute that.
8)Just hold on with that statement and I think you will see you eat your on word's on that one. Cant work with the task force and tip off the one's they are after.
10)PLEASE DONT MAKE ME PUKE!
brandy2211 from Newland

Lenoir, NC

#129 Mar 16, 2010
Brandy Cox refuted wrote:
Yes it is slander if you make a accusation without merit for the sole purpose of defaming another. You have called frye corrupt, dishonest and defamed his character. You want to know why I am voting for Frye ok here are some reasons
1) He cares about the elderly, regularly speaking at the senior citizen center and has an eldercare call list where he checks on them everyday
2) When the commissioners wouldnt fund it he raised the money to buy K-9's and have officers trained to use them and has increased drug arrests over 30%
3) For the first time ever Avery County SO is above state average in solving cases and recovering property
4) He worked with other groups and got trackinig braclets for altsheimer patients and had his deputies trained to use the equipment in case they got lost
5) he has a great working relationship with other police departments and the surrounding counties
6) He has more experience as a sworn officer than Ellenburg and is a trained instructor and has his Bachlor of Science degree in Criminal Justice
7) He has fought for raises for his deputies who have been severely underpaid and still are but he has at least tried to fix that and get them better equipment to do their job
8) He has worked with the county drug task force something every sheriff including mike was too egotistical to do
9) He has worked with the chief of other agencies to form an honor guard, a SRT team and institute a chaplain program
10) Just go to any ballgame or school function, he is a role model for children and they like him which goes back to his caring for people.
Sure he may have made decisions that made you mad but if you think you are not accountable for slander please read the warning topix puts out. the records can be supeonaed and you can be both criminally and civilly held to account. So make sure what you say is truthful, or an opinion but do not report it as fact
Note- To those it may confuse out there. My name is Brandy Cox & I did NOT post the Post I am replying to. The poster used MY real name as the his/hers. Which could be confusing & shitty to say the least.
First of all, if you think that you are "correcting me" I laugh! I have ONLY stated Fact or Opinion. Thank You America, that I can go around and Exalaim what a piece of waste I think someone is all day long.
At least you DID post some positive things about Frye, which is what this forum was for in the first place. It was meant as a discussion & debate.
While I agree with some of the things you listed,(raises & such) I truly feel others are FOR SHOW! Therefore I cant respect them.
I think that it is funny that I aparently have struck a nerve with you, as you seem to find the need to attack & address me personally.
Well, my opinion of him is still incredibally Low, and I hope like Hell Elenburg gets in.
I am also almost positive that YOU are Frye or a Deputy in "good" with him.
Could be wrong, but just a guess, since you dont want to Post your real name as well.
brandy2211 from Newland

Lenoir, NC

#130 Mar 16, 2010
New Sheriff In Town wrote:
Umm...I dont think Sheriff Frye has more experience as Ellenburg!You can have all the book sense in the world and still lack the common sense God gave a billygoat.
1) "He care's about the ederly, speaking at the senior center and checking on them daily." He probably only show's up at the senior center to speak for the free Donut's and coffee! And I am sure your hop in the vehicle with him everyday and go check on every single senior citizen.
2)I am glad our county finally got k-9's. But then again it wasn't Sheriff Frye's big idea. It has been in the work's for year's prior to him taking office.
3)I guess I am suppose to say that our above average solvability in crime's. Is due to Sheriff Frye. No, it's because of the hard work of his deputy's and Detective's who put in many hard long hour's while Kevin Frye is adding another notch to the belt by busting another buffet bar.
4)the Alsimer braclet idea was a state wide effort.
5)I dont think he has a great working relationship with area Depts. most of them cant stand him. Alot of officer's I have talked to say that.
6)already stated this I would rather have someone in charge with year's of first hand experiance than some piece of paper that took him 8 yrs. to get!
7)Deputy's do deserve a raise! Can't refute that.
8)Just hold on with that statement and I think you will see you eat your on word's on that one. Cant work with the task force and tip off the one's they are after.
10)PLEASE DONT MAKE ME PUKE!
AMEN!!! Man, That is Exactly how I feel too!
You are a Liar

United States

#131 Mar 16, 2010
"New Sheriff" you have lied over and over again. Your creditability is completely shot. No talk of K-9s until Frye took office and since you keep making statements about his weight, I have to add this, he could diet and get thinner, you cant fix stupid nor can you fix the personality trait of being a habitual liar like you are. There was no program in place before frye to check on the elderly. There was no state for the Altzheimer braclets that was all done in Avery OCunty with contributions, most coming from the Mt Electric pocket change program. Sure his detectives and deputies deserve most of the credit as with all sheriffs and elected officials, but who hired them, who is getting them the training and equipment they need, that is Frye so he at least deserves some of the credit. Sheriff Frye works with other agencies to make things happen for the good of the majority of the people in Avery County, what exactly did Ellenburg do while he was sheriff, what did he accomplish,,,nothing except hire an officer that was fired from sugar mountain for beating a handcuffed man
outside looking in

Raleigh, NC

#132 Mar 16, 2010
You are a Liar wrote:
"New Sheriff" you have lied over and over again. Your creditability is completely shot. No talk of K-9s until Frye took office and since you keep making statements about his weight, I have to add this, he could diet and get thinner, you cant fix stupid nor can you fix the personality trait of being a habitual liar like you are. There was no program in place before frye to check on the elderly. There was no state for the Altzheimer braclets that was all done in Avery OCunty with contributions, most coming from the Mt Electric pocket change program. Sure his detectives and deputies deserve most of the credit as with all sheriffs and elected officials, but who hired them, who is getting them the training and equipment they need, that is Frye so he at least deserves some of the credit. Sheriff Frye works with other agencies to make things happen for the good of the majority of the people in Avery County, what exactly did Ellenburg do while he was sheriff, what did he accomplish,,,nothing except hire an officer that was fired from sugar mountain for beating a handcuffed man
Please spell check you are only showing your stupidity.
Brandy Cox refuted

United States

#133 Mar 16, 2010
brandy2211 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough,
How about transferring a cop who held a warrent over a girls head in exchange for sex to another department. PRETTY SURE he should have lost his badge completley! WHY DONT YOU JUST LET A PEDOPHILE BACK INTO THE SCHOOL SYSTEM!(same thing right)
How about using his "Church Envolvement" to gain votes. PRETTY SURE, that is the same thing as EXPLOITING God.
AND PERSONNALLY I dont agree the his decsion to "shoot to kill" Harry Loweman, a couple years back. I personnally knew him & he was not metally well, and while I understood the seriouse of the situation, I feel that it could have been handled VERY Differently.
Long story short, I think he made the call to kill him (Harry) Because it was late & he wanted to go home, and I would say that it is alot easier to take someones life, WHEN YOU ARE NOT THE ONE PULLING THE TRIGGER.
There's my reasons, what are yours(other ventors). On another note I COMPLETLEY DISAGREE with the fact that his deputies cannot go into an establishment that serves alcohol. WHY, BECAUSE he wants to look good to the church goers who are so hypcocritical that they think it's good to infringe on the rights of others. ummm...Pretty SURE JESUS drank wine.(Just another reason of why I see him as bieng a Show) HOW STUPID!!
Okay, the ONLY good thing I have noticed during his term is that the officers seem to have more & better equipment.(K-9's cars ect)
Our county actually looks like it is with the times these days. I am sure this has helped them perform thier jobs better.
Nina - I respect the fact that you asked this question. I personally Do not have any respect for him.(For other reasons not listed) In short, I think he is an egotistical "Tin God", But I tried to list the reasons that pertained to his job, and not base my reasons on disliking him alone.
Is it fact or opinion when you say he transferred a cop that held a warrant over a girls head in exchange for sex...that is a flat out lie and the Chief of Beech mountain and the other beech mountain supervisors listened to the tape of that incident before they hired him..he was not transferred he resigned from the sheriff's office and was hired by another agency..
Fact or opinion when you say his "decision to shoot to kill Harry Lowman". Could it be that the SBI throughly investigated this and found there to be no wrongdoing on part of the sheriff's office that is the fact you only slander. And this is the very definition of slander. There was no decision to shoot only the deputies duty to protect themselves when faced with a man with a gun intent on shooting the deputies. this was a tragic case and your exploiting it only harms the family and the deputies involved, deputies who put their lives on the line to try to bring this situtation to a peaceful ending.
And you may not like the fact that the sheriff does not want his deputies going to any alcohol establishment in avery county and drinking but it is not hypocritical it is the case with nearly every law agency policy in the county and state, it is difficult to arrest people for things involving alcohol if you have been drinking right beside them the night before. This is to keep his deputies from loosing cases and creditability on the witness stand
Brandy Cox refuted

United States

#134 Mar 16, 2010
As for using church involvement to get votes, check with fryes preacher or the other deacons in his church, I have and they have the highest regard for him. Even if this were true I MUCH rather have a sheriff that gets his votes from good church going people rather than the people who do not want anything done about drugs in Elk Park which is why they support Ellenburg. Now list 10 great things Ellenburg has done for this county while he was sheriff or chief of Elk Park. Has he reduced crime, arrested drug dealers, started a program for the elderly, did he put cars in front of schools to help protect the kids in the mornings, did he make a policy to fingerprint all people arrested to help solve other crimes, was his department above state average in solving cases or recovering property. You want Mike because he doent stand for anything, he doesnt take any stand, he doesnt do anything to cause anyone any problems. That is not a leader, it is a bowl of jello
outside looking in

Raleigh, NC

#135 Mar 16, 2010
As for using church involvement to get votes, check with fryes preacher or the other deacons in his church, I have and they have the highest regard for him. Even if this were true I MUCH rather have a sheriff that gets his votes from good church going people rather than the people who do not want anything done about drugs in Elk Park which is why they support Ellenburg. Now list 10 great things Ellenburg has done for this county while he was sheriff or chief of Elk Park. Has he reduced crime, arrested drug dealers, started a program for the elderly, did he put cars in front of schools to help protect the kids in the mornings, did he make a policy to fingerprint all people arrested to help solve other crimes, was his department above state average in solving cases or recovering property. You want Mike because he doent stand for anything, he doesnt take any stand, he doesnt do anything to cause anyone any problems. That is not a leader, it is a bowl of jello
go back to work sheriff!! you sad excuse!!
brandy2211 from Newland

Polkville, NC

#136 Mar 16, 2010
outside looking in wrote:
<quoted text> go back to work sheriff!! you sad excuse!!
You ARE DEAD ON Whoever you are!!!
Love how this person wants to use MY name for THIER posts. Sad really. If it's not Frye, or a Deputy that is attached to his hip (which I dont thionk I know one, but who knows), It very well could be a family menber.
They are becoming awfully defensive about my comments, and seem to be terrified that my veiws on decisions, and demeanor of the Sherriff will deface his character. Almost like it's been taken personal, aint it?
Jay from Newland

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#137 Mar 17, 2010
All you Kevin finatics can deal with these FACTS and boo-hoo till u blow snot buibbles and tears streak down your cheek as you cried your little eyeballs out-TRUTH HURTS!

Kevin: You were on criminal BOE when sex attacks on kids happened in AUG 03 in at NCSU in Raleigh.(TOOTHBRUISHS UP CHILDRENS ASS). You and your sleazeball BOE did NOTHING as scumbag swine Attorney Richard Schwart told WRAL nothing assault happen just "inapropriate conduct" so you are accesory after-fact and obstructed justice. He lie to DA in Wake County. Be proud of what you and your BOE did.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/106406/

Kevin: I thought you were a great "investigater and police instructer" so you don't know this was all crime. Maybe BLET students can teach you about your complicit in criminals activity here sheriff.
Obsrtuctin of justice, accesory after fact in assault on child (B felonies), failur to discharge duty of offices and what else?

Kevin: You were on criminal BOE to hire and PAY w/tax money Gary Wilis to wear Johnson CIty PD uniform before no-balls Ed swore him in as deputy. He was impersonate a cop in uniform (CRIME), wearing LOADED HANDGUN (FELONY) and getting tax payer monmey (FRAUD) on your term as slimeball BOE.

Kevin: You and Mary-Marty made deal to give you HS DARE Oficer position for political "visibility" and you knew or should knew or shoulda knew Darcy was chester-molester baby-raper perv. You was his sergent at Beech. Mary-Marty WAS swore in as "Reserve Deputy" at Avery SHeriff (KEVIN) and 7 Devils PD after Sugar let him go for not paying bar tab drunk in freak bar in vegas w/male hooker on his lap (read LVMPD internal report with a Freedom of Infmoration ACT-FOIA) I read it, made me sick but also laff my ass off at so sad too.

KEVIN: This same transvestite freak Mary-Marty was your political bud untill he was caught wearing a too-too in freek bar in hickory with eye liner and lipstick and resigned.

KEVIN: You were Darcys Sergt at Beech and you kept him DEC to mid March despite public rumors or complaint he was chester. Kids, parents, teachers knew of it, Bobby Johnson knew, Jon Milen knew and they all complain but you and Mark Garitt and corupt BOE looked the other way for your bud Darcy chester-molester b/c some AHS kids "liked" him.

Of course some kids liked Darcy bc he was texting them dirty msgs, nasty pics, tippin off dope dealers, talkin to little girls alone behind close doors IN THE SCHOOL to look at them naked and Darcy give them liquor, beer, cigs or pot and look other way for crime. YOU WERE SHERIFF and BOE when this happen and you were BOE when all this crime sprree occurd to kids as DARE cop. BE PROUD KEVIN.

Our sheriff sets a great exampel with weight for deputies.
brandy2211 from Newland

Casar, NC

#138 Mar 17, 2010
<quoted text>Is it fact or opinion when you say he transferred a cop that held a warrant over a girls head in exchange for sex...that is a flat out lie and the Chief of Beech mountain and the other beech mountain supervisors listened to the tape of that incident before they hired him..he was not transferred he resigned from the sheriff's office and was hired by another agency..
It is Both. Did the cop resign? Why should he have had the option? Why wasnt he FIRED! I Positive Frye had a hand in getting him in with the other dept.(If at the LEAST a refference). I an not going to deny that the other police Dept that hired that dirty cop is as much to blame for letting him bck on the force. He should have lost his Badge PERIOD. Police are supposed to protect citizens from stuff like this, not participate. Frye had an opertunity to stop it, and didnt.
<quoted text>Fact or opinion when you say his "decision to shoot to kill Harry Lowman". Could it be that the SBI throughly investigated this and found there to be no wrongdoing on part of the sheriff's office that is the fact you only slander. And this is the very definition of slander. There was no decision to shoot only the deputies duty to protect themselves when faced with a man with a gun intent on shooting the deputies. this was a tragic case and your exploiting it only harms the family and the deputies involved, deputies who put their lives on the line to try to bring this situtation to a peaceful ending.
I NEVER said that wrong doing was found. READ my posts before replying. You keep harping on Slander, Learn to read & try to keep up. I said I did not agree with his decision for that to be an option. And YES, he is the one who made that call, when he sent an officer in the house. You Apparently did not know Harry, if you did you would know that that was not the first time he had had a gun, & shot holes through his own floor. He needed to be left alone. I dont completley hold all the blame on Frye, I know when someone calls they have to go where they are called. I wish that more funding was available for other methods of subduing a situation like that. Examples would be tranqualizing gas cans ect.
<quoted text>And you may not like the fact that the sheriff does not want his deputies going to any alcohol establishment in avery county and drinking but it is not hypocritical it is the case with nearly every law agency policy in the county and state, it is difficult to arrest people for things involving alcohol if you have been drinking right beside them the night before. This is to keep his deputies from loosing cases and creditability on the witness stand
It is my understanding that He has went above & beyond what you stated to where they cant even BUY alchohol in Banner Elk or Newland. You mean to tell me it is okay to tell your officers that they cant go into Stone Walls & have a beer or glass of wine with thier meal. They cant go into Nicks & eat bc they serve beer? I guess they are supposed to put thier life on the line like you say, but cant go have a beer like anybody else. It's BS!
brandy2211 from Newland

Casar, NC

#139 Mar 17, 2010
I know His preacher & near everyone in the church. Related to several. I dont give 2 craps about the phrase "Church Going People" Thier are plenty of people that go to church & moleste kids thru the week. There are also plenty of people who DO NOT go to church & are better Christians & live for God more than some who are there everytime the door opens.
This forum is not about Mike E. It's about Frye, but I will say I want Mike because he has enough self esteem to not need the postion to feel powerful & use it as a Dictatorship. You think Frye is such a good leader, I think likes to be a bully, to account for all those years no one took him seriousley.
brandy2211 from Newland

Bostic, NC

#140 Mar 18, 2010
Jay from Newland wrote:
All you Kevin finatics can deal with these FACTS and boo-hoo till u blow snot buibbles and tears streak down your cheek as you cried your little eyeballs out-TRUTH HURTS!
Kevin: You were on criminal BOE when sex attacks on kids happened in AUG 03 in at NCSU in Raleigh.(TOOTHBRUISHS UP CHILDRENS ASS). You and your sleazeball BOE did NOTHING as scumbag swine Attorney Richard Schwart told WRAL nothing assault happen just "inapropriate conduct" so you are accesory after-fact and obstructed justice. He lie to DA in Wake County. Be proud of what you and your BOE did.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/106406/
Kevin: I thought you were a great "investigater and police instructer" so you don't know this was all crime. Maybe BLET students can teach you about your complicit in criminals activity here sheriff.
Obsrtuctin of justice, accesory after fact in assault on child (B felonies), failur to discharge duty of offices and what else?
Kevin: You were on criminal BOE to hire and PAY w/tax money Gary Wilis to wear Johnson CIty PD uniform before no-balls Ed swore him in as deputy. He was impersonate a cop in uniform (CRIME), wearing LOADED HANDGUN (FELONY) and getting tax payer monmey (FRAUD) on your term as slimeball BOE.
Kevin: You and Mary-Marty made deal to give you HS DARE Oficer position for political "visibility" and you knew or should knew or shoulda knew Darcy was chester-molester baby-raper perv. You was his sergent at Beech. Mary-Marty WAS swore in as "Reserve Deputy" at Avery SHeriff (KEVIN) and 7 Devils PD after Sugar let him go for not paying bar tab drunk in freak bar in vegas w/male hooker on his lap (read LVMPD internal report with a Freedom of Infmoration ACT-FOIA) I read it, made me sick but also laff my ass off at so sad too.
KEVIN: This same transvestite freak Mary-Marty was your political bud untill he was caught wearing a too-too in freek bar in hickory with eye liner and lipstick and resigned.
KEVIN: You were Darcys Sergt at Beech and you kept him DEC to mid March despite public rumors or complaint he was chester. Kids, parents, teachers knew of it, Bobby Johnson knew, Jon Milen knew and they all complain but you and Mark Garitt and corupt BOE looked the other way for your bud Darcy chester-molester b/c some AHS kids "liked" him.
Of course some kids liked Darcy bc he was texting them dirty msgs, nasty pics, tippin off dope dealers, talkin to little girls alone behind close doors IN THE SCHOOL to look at them naked and Darcy give them liquor, beer, cigs or pot and look other way for crime. YOU WERE SHERIFF and BOE when this happen and you were BOE when all this crime sprree occurd to kids as DARE cop. BE PROUD KEVIN.
Our sheriff sets a great exampel with weight for deputies.
Carefull Jay, or he will obatain the URL's or what ever they are called & post your real name & put "refuted" after it. I already reported him, but doubt anything will be done.

I know it's him or a piece of his toilet paper, since I did not disclose my real full name on here, or give my user name to anyone. I know it's him since that is the only way he could obtain that information from this forum, and you have to have a court order to do so.(How about that) On top of that he doesnt want to give out his real name.(Hmm wonder why)
Just shows how shitty & childish he is & how the rights of other mean nothing to him.
I am not ashamed of anything I have posted here & dont give a crap who knows how I feel. So whatever he was trying to prove or do failed.
Fact Man

United States

#142 Mar 19, 2010
Also I forgot to put while you are on the phone with the BOE, check out and find that Frye was not on the board when Gary Willis was hired by the school system, and he was not Sheriff either. I could not find out and I will be honest with you and everyone else, if they were complaints filed with the school or any law enforcement agency prior to the investigation that led to his getting fired and sent to prison. I do know that his cell phone and computer were seized and searched by the FBI and if there were porn pics the FBI would have notified parents and charged those charges too, since no parents have said a word maybe that too is a lie, but I cannot prove or disprove that one
Fact Man

United States

#143 Mar 19, 2010
A check with the Avery County Clerk of Superior Court shows that Marty was not a sworn deputy with the Avery COunty Sheriff's Office from dec of 2006 until present....Please check your facts before you speak ignorantly or with malice again
Fact Man

United States

#144 Mar 19, 2010
brandy2211 from Newland wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Both. Did the cop resign? Why should he have had the option? Why wasnt he FIRED! I Positive Frye had a hand in getting him in with the other dept.(If at the LEAST a refference). I an not going to deny that the other police Dept that hired that dirty cop is as much to blame for letting him bck on the force. He should have lost his Badge PERIOD. Police are supposed to protect citizens from stuff like this, not participate. Frye had an opertunity to stop it, and didnt.
<quoted text>
I NEVER said that wrong doing was found. READ my posts before replying. You keep harping on Slander, Learn to read & try to keep up. I said I did not agree with his decision for that to be an option. And YES, he is the one who made that call, when he sent an officer in the house. You Apparently did not know Harry, if you did you would know that that was not the first time he had had a gun, & shot holes through his own floor. He needed to be left alone. I dont completley hold all the blame on Frye, I know when someone calls they have to go where they are called. I wish that more funding was available for other methods of subduing a situation like that. Examples would be tranqualizing gas cans ect.
<quoted text>
It is my understanding that He has went above & beyond what you stated to where they cant even BUY alchohol in Banner Elk or Newland. You mean to tell me it is okay to tell your officers that they cant go into Stone Walls & have a beer or glass of wine with thier meal. They cant go into Nicks & eat bc they serve beer? I guess they are supposed to put thier life on the line like you say, but cant go have a beer like anybody else. It's BS!
Brandy2211, he was not fired because the "allegation" was not proven. Surely you would agree that just because someone says something about you it should not cost you your job. The police department that hired him heard it and found those facts to be true, that it was a false allegation, but because his reputation had been so damanged he resigned from the Sheriff's dept and went to Beech Mtn. Also you did say frye made the decision to shoot to kill...The deputies and officers that were from other depts were there and the SBI investigated. The decision to go in and try to get him for an involuntary committment was a sound decision, he was threating himself and his family, his mother had just died and he was unstable and dangerous to himself and his family. If officers did nothing and he killed himself or his family then that would have been the "wrong decision" if they go in and he tries to kill them what choice did they have but to protect themselves. You are trying to second guess a split second decision that had just as much chance being an officer killed as not. Do you honestly think under these circumstances anyone even the most corrupt or egotistical sheriff would take that risk unless all other avenues were tried.

Since: Feb 10

Avery County

#145 Mar 20, 2010
Fact Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Brandy2211, he was not fired because the "allegation" was not proven. Surely you would agree that just because someone says something about you it should not cost you your job. The police department that hired him heard it and found those facts to be true, that it was a false allegation, but because his reputation had been so damanged he resigned from the Sheriff's dept and went to Beech Mtn.
It is my understanding that it was an allegation, until the girl came in with a recorded tape between her & the officer.

Fact Man wrote:
<quoted text>Also you did say frye made the decision to shoot to kill...The deputies and officers that were from other depts were there and the SBI investigated. The decision to go in and try to get him for an involuntary committment was a sound decision, he was threating himself and his family, his mother had just died and he was unstable and dangerous to himself and his family. If officers did nothing and he killed himself or his family then that would have been the "wrong decision" if they go in and he tries to kill them what choice did they have but to protect themselves. You are trying to second guess a split second decision that had just as much chance being an officer killed as not. Do you honestly think under these circumstances anyone even the most corrupt or egotistical sheriff would take that risk unless all other avenues were tried.
I guess where I knew Harry for years, I have known him to be in simular states, as he was that night. I guess I am not convinced every option was tried. IDK I just cant help but feel like it might have been different if the decsion to go in the house had been put off longer. Even the next day.
I am angry about it, but in all reality I was not there.
I just feel that ANYBODY would have known what was going to happen , when invading his home. I just wonder if the same decision would have been made if FRYE was the one that had to go in, instead of sitting in the back & giving the order for someone else to do it.
Just thinking

Montgomery, AL

#146 Mar 20, 2010
who seems to have the facts??
Walking Tall

Banner Elk, NC

#147 Mar 21, 2010
Linville Falls wrote:
I see one person who has posted who is local, Minneapolis... Linville Falls here. This is a bunch of Hooey! Who the heck are these people pretending they now our county.
I think every local that reads these blogs can see what is going on.
You go Sheriff Frye! You have all our votes. And the locals that are behind this slander... you should be ashamed.
Why would you be voting for Frye, shoulnt you be supporting that Crook in Burke County?
Walking Tall

Banner Elk, NC

#148 Mar 21, 2010
Wait a minute...bowel full of jello? Well you better hide it or the Sheriff will have to confiscate it! To test it for edibility or something. Anyway's Ellenburg has done alot for this county. And do you think Sheriff Frye should get all the credit for his Deputies arrest? Only because you probably see the Sheriff in the paper's possing for a photo opportunity. Why is it now that its getting close to the election's that our Sheriff decide's to start making big bust? And I am not talking about his belt line either. Look's like to me the Sheriff is sitting on information waiting for the right time bust those selling Drug's. Just so he can have a Political power move. What can Ellenburg do with the resource's he has? Working in a "Part time" Department doesnt allow for the resource's a full time Department would. Beside's isnt the Sheriff the Head overseer of the Drug Task Force? Does Not the Sheriff have the authority and jurisdiction to enforce said drug problem's in area's of the county. It's hard to say how many unsaid thing's Ellenburg has done for the citizen's of this county. Thing's done because he love's serving the citizen's of this county. That just tell's me he is a humble man. Not one to bost about his duty for it's just his Job! Mike Ellenburg is the right choice for the Citizen's of Avery County. He is Hones. He has respect for you no matter who you are. And he display's the integrity this County deserve's. Vote Mike ELLENBURG for Sheriff of AVERY COUNTY 2010!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William "Bill" Erwin? Any thoughts are complete... 3 hr Dumbass 21
People stealing power in Avery county? 8 hr dubd 1
Amy gragg 17 hr Pablo 2
New ball coach Mon Dirk 3
Need some good strange Sun Sancho 25
City drive in's skunk hair girl. (Jun '15) Sun Sancho 3
Paul the local racist Jun 26 sliding sideways 2

Newland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance