Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as ...

Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire

There are 71287 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas declares cease-fire. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Israeli troops began withdrawing from the Gaza Strip on Sunday after Hamas declared a cease-fire, setting the stage for intensified international efforts to arrange a durable truce after a 22-day war against ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Sheilaa

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73332 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good link, but the story is one-sided background noise.
What were you hoping to illustrate?

Obviously nothing based on your response

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Since: Apr 09

Central Florida

#73333 Feb 12, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously nothing based on your response
Sorry to disappoint you but you must have had a point. I could fish around for it or you could just be direct and say the point is an unfair and unbalanced treatment of the Arabs by Israel.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#73334 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to disappoint you but you must have had a point. I could fish around for it or you could just be direct and say the point is an unfair and unbalanced treatment of the Arabs by Israel

Why fish around for something that is so obvious? The clip was more effective and direct than I could ever be.I would have thought that anyone viewing the clip wouldn't need a point being made to them

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73335 Feb 12, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why fish around for something that is so obvious? The clip was more effective and direct than I could ever be.I would have thought that anyone viewing the clip wouldn't need a point being made to them
Precisely...I'm going out of my way not to put my words in your mouth (or fingers, as it were). You asked my opinion and I answered. You were disappointed in my response so I wondered if it was because we disagree on the quality of your link. It's not very good journalism so I assumed it was just you trying to establish your position through me. If you want to give me that kind of power then stand by to become a Zionist.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#73336 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely...I'm going out of my way not to put my words in your mouth (or fingers, as it were). You asked my opinion and I answered. You were disappointed in my response so I wondered if it was because we disagree on the quality of your link. It's not very good journalism so I assumed it was just you trying to establish your position through me. If you want to give me that kind of power then stand by to become a Zionist

It seems that we don't have that much in common after all.The only thing I was trying to highlight was the mistreatment of those Palestinian children by the IDF. Forget about the bad journalism and see the story for what it reveals. Did you actually even watch it? Even a Zionist can have compassion and empathy for the wrongs done to those kids. Up to 700 kids are arrested annually for minor offenses such as stone throwing some as young as 5

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73337 Feb 12, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that we don't have that much in common after all.The only thing I was trying to highlight was the mistreatment of those Palestinian children by the IDF. Forget about the bad journalism and see the story for what it reveals. Did you actually even watch it? Even a Zionist can have compassion and empathy for the wrongs done to those kids. Up to 700 kids are arrested annually for minor offenses such as stone throwing some as young as 5
I'm sure at some point I've mentioned to you that there are two completely different narratives for the exact same place at the exact same time. You have adopted the narrative that defines stone throwing by children as a minor offense. I come from the school where it is attempted murder regardless of where it takes place or who is doing it. You seem to think that some perceived unfairness is justification to suspend the rule of law. If that is the case then yes, we have less in common than originally thought. I wonder how you would feel if you were the driver of the car.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Since: Dec 12

Central Connecticut

#73338 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure at some point I've mentioned to you that there are two completely different narratives for the exact same place at the exact same time. You have adopted the narrative that defines stone throwing by children as a minor offense. I come from the school where it is attempted murder regardless of where it takes place or who is doing it. You seem to think that some perceived unfairness is justification to suspend the rule of law. If that is the case then yes, we have less in common than originally thought. I wonder how you would feel if you were the driver of the car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1g-FO1UzBAQXX
>It seems like we don't have that much in common after all?<
Please. Did you ever have anything in common with this twhat? All she needs is a homicide vest and we we all enjoy the moment. She's a dooshbag.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#73339 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure at some point I've mentioned to you that there are two completely different narratives for the exact same place at the exact same time. You have adopted the narrative that defines stone throwing by children as a minor offense. I come from the school where it is attempted murder regardless of where it takes place or who is doing it. You seem to think that some perceived unfairness is justification to suspend the rule of law. If that is the case then yes, we have less in common than originally thought. I wonder how you would feel if you were the driver of the car.
Not at all I come from the view that supports the law which Israel constantly and blatantly ignores. I have adopted the narrative that is supported by barristers and other legal councils from around the world, including but not limited to, the UN convention on the rights of the child that Israel ratified in 1991, of which Article 37 states in part::

“No child shall be subjected to torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.”

“No child shall be deprived of his or her liberty unlawfully or arbitrarily.”

“The arrest, detention or imprisonment of a child shall be in conformity with the law and shall be used only as a measure of last resort and for the shortest appropriate period of time.”
“Every child deprived of liberty shall be treated with humanity and respect for the inherent dignity of the human person, and in a manner which takes into account the needs of persons of his or her age.”

“Every child deprived of his or her liberty shall have the right to prompt access to legal and other appropriate assistance, as well as the right to challenge the legality of the deprivation of his or her liberty before a court or other competent, independent and impartial authority, and to a prompt decision on any such action.”

Like I said to your mate YY when he asked me had I ever been hit in the head by a thrown stone.

No I cant say I have, but neither have I been:
Shot in the leg by live ammunition at age 14 or shot in the forehead and injured with a rubber coated metal bullet at age 13
Neither have I been shot in the eye with a rubber coated metal bullet when I was walking next to my mother at the age of 5
Neither have I had the police knock down my door in a midnight raid to take me away
Neither have I been taken shackled in a military court for any of the above actions that have been committed. Matters like the above being settled in a civil court
Neither have I been forced to sign a paper written in a language that I don't understand so I can be freed when in reality what I have signed is an admission of guilt
Neither have I been deprived of legal council for over 48 hours which is what happens in Israel

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73340 Feb 12, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>>It seems like we don't have that much in common after all?<
Please. Did you ever have anything in common with this twhat? All she needs is a homicide vest and we we all enjoy the moment. She's a dooshbag.
Yesterday when she was complaining about what a deadbeat you are I took a stroll down memory lane to see the names you called me when we first met. We had some real characters in the argument back then, some really smart, passionate people. Remember?

Before I knew what I know now, I had faith in our ability to find a solution to this mess. Before she got ambushed at Blaming Israel she sounded a lot like I did. She sounds different now that you guys pin her in a corner and call her names. Can't say as I blame her.
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#73341 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Wait....So it's actually good to throw out the baby with the bath water? Shit.
Pretty slow spaniards. It took them only 500 years to realize that they were screwed up.
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#73342 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
The driver was too nice , he should have driven over that "poor" potential killer. About 2 months ago a similar thing happened but in that case an Israeli young father and his 3 month old son was killed when hit with a brick and just drove off a cliff. Fuck'em poor innocent little Pal vermins.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73344 Feb 12, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty slow spaniards. It took them only 500 years to realize that they were screwed up.
That's not so bad when you consider they've been building this place since 1882 and it wont be finished for another 12 years.

http://gizmodo.com/heres-how-sagrada-familia-...

On a more positive note, they really nailed Sangria and Jamon and Paella.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73345 Feb 12, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
The driver was too nice , he should have driven over that "poor" potential killer. About 2 months ago a similar thing happened but in that case an Israeli young father and his 3 month old son was killed when hit with a brick and just drove off a cliff. Fuck'em poor innocent little Pal vermins.
What strikes me about this little piece of Pallywood art is how it's at once being staged for the cameras while also under the supervision of the adults who are there to take them to the hospital when they get it right. Nice parenting.

Are we going to treat people here the way they treat people at Blaming Israel? I'd prefer to set a higher standard but if you insist, I'll wait for you guys to get all the name-calling out of your system. By now, I'd have thought you'd be done.
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#73346 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>That's not so bad when you consider they've been building this place since 1882 and it wont be finished for another 12 years.
http://gizmodo.com/heres-how-sagrada-familia-...
On a more positive note, they really nailed Sangria and Jamon and Paella.
Now you really made me wonder if anyone would like to have a Spanish passport. That story is for real I guess.
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#73348 Feb 12, 2014
Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim

Terrorists are so quick to commit suicide.

Lets have a look at the evidence:

- No Christmas

- No television

- No nude women

- No football

- No pork chops

- No hot dogs

- No burgers

- No beer

- No bacon

- Rags for clothes

- Towels for hats

- Constant wailing from some idiot in a tower

- More than one wife

â?oMore than one mother in lawâ?&#357;

- You can't shave

- Your wife can't shave

- You can't wash off the smell of donkey

- You cook over burning camel shit

- Your wife is picked by someone else for you

- and your wife smells worse than your donkey

Then they tell you that "when you die, it all gets better"??

Well no sh*t Sherlock!....

It's not like it could get much worse

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#73349 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yesterday when she was complaining about what a deadbeat you are I took a stroll down memory lane to see the names you called me when we first met. We had some real characters in the argument back then, some really smart, passionate people. Remember?
Before I knew what I know now, I had faith in our ability to find a solution to this mess. Before she got ambushed at Blaming Israel she sounded a lot like I did. She sounds different now that you guys pin her in a corner and call her names. Can't say as I blame her.
Oh really. yo? LMFAO. You are only as good as your last post.

Yumpin Yimminy

“Yee vizz”

Central Connecticut

#73350 Feb 12, 2014
TRD wrote:
<quoted text>Yesterday when she was complaining about what a deadbeat you are I took a stroll down memory lane to see the names you called me when we first met. We had some real characters in the argument back then, some really smart, passionate people. Remember?
"cant say as I blame her"? Who gives a f uck? She's a Jew hating twaht and now you defend her? Your new found, no always here, sense of justice under the blankets, gives license to this roach to walk our carpet. Hey, Commander, old age is no excuse for capitulation. F uck you.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#73351 Feb 12, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really. yo? LMFAO. You are only as good as your last post.

Then you are well and truly stuffed, as all you are able to show on here is your hate and your sexual perverseness

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#73352 Feb 12, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>"cant say as I blame her"? Who gives a f uck? She's a Jew hating twaht and now you defend her? Your new found, no always here, sense of justice under the blankets, gives license to this roach to walk our carpet. Hey, Commander, old age is no excuse for capitulation. F uck you.

No you are wrong I don't hate all Jews, just the ones who support discrimination, intimidation and isolation to others less fortunate than themselves. I had you nailed from the start and you and each of your posts further supports my claim about what type of person you truly are. A deadbeat no two ways about it.

TRD

“The Real Deal”

Central Florida

#73354 Feb 12, 2014
Yumpin Yimminy wrote:
<quoted text>"cant say as I blame her"? Who gives a f uck? She's a Jew hating twaht and now you defend her? Your new found, no always here, sense of justice under the blankets, gives license to this roach to walk our carpet. Hey, Commander, old age is no excuse for capitulation. F uck you.
Yeah, fcuk me. I'm just trying to talk to her, she doesn't need any help from me. As you recall, she followed your ass back here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Academics 314,302
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 49 min Well Well 1,534,355
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr bayonne nj 21,037
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) May 19 Spotted Girl 95
News Bankruptcy Should Be A Last Resort For Struggli... May 18 America Gentleman... 1
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) May 16 SharkHunter 325
News Backyard Chickens: More Connecticut Residents R... (Jul '10) May 14 Anonymous 10

Newington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newington Mortgages