Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72042 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36285 Jun 3, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I just heard that Obama says he knows more about Jews than any other presidential candidate. Coming from Chicago, I guess he could make that statement. I wonder if he will let his beard grow and start wearing a black hat. It will make him look more like Abraham Lincoln too. Can't hurt.
Where are all the anti war liberals? when a Democratic is in control of the reigns the anti war liberals get silent.
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36286 Jun 3, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
I'm about to get kicked off a different forum for calling a creationist ignorant. I thought the two words were synonymous.
Applying the same principle can't we label those that subscribe to being members of government a cult?

The us court system is certainly full of cult members.
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36287 Jun 3, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats the least of it. We are in for a rocky road if Obama doesnt shed ownership of the economy, and Mittens gets the election.
I still cant quite wrap my head around the idea that there are actually moderators.
What evidence do you have that the president really matters?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#36288 Jun 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Applying the same principle can't we label those that subscribe to being members of government a cult?
The us court system is certainly full of cult members.
Only those that take their ideology too seriously.
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36289 Jun 3, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those that take their ideology too seriously.
Would belief in something that doesn't exist constitute too serious?

How about running around waiving flags and pasting flags and ribbons all over your car?

Or saying a pledge daily to a piece of cloth?
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#36290 Jun 3, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I just heard that Obama says he knows more about Jews than any other presidential candidate. Coming from Chicago, I guess he could make that statement. I wonder if he will let his beard grow and start wearing a black hat. It will make him look more like Abraham Lincoln too. Can't hurt.
Clinton, our first black president, knew a lot about Jews too.

Obama has been getting some interesting press of late. His drone war against terrorists, and his authorization to conduct cyber warfare. He doesnt exactly fall into the conservative playbook regarding what "liberal" behavior. Or pacifist behavior either. And on a related note, a NYTimes op ed noted that prosecution of Wall Street shenanigans by the Justice Dept was highest under Bush of all people, rather than Obama or Clinton.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#36291 Jun 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
How about running around waiving flags and pasting flags and ribbons all over your car?
Scroll back a few months - we have dissected before what a cult is and what it isnt. Waving flags is not cultic behavior. Following conspiracy theories at a drop of a hat while ignoring all contrary evidence arguably is a lot closer.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#36292 Jun 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have that the president really matters?
Its not about the president - its about the people around him.

In our country - we have 2 choices, REALISTICALLY, for the people around him. Democrats or Republicans. Who the prez exactly is doesnt really matter. Since the Repubs have devolved into fascinating but really scary creatures, to me the choice is plain which tribe I prefer at the top.

Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#36293 Jun 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are all the anti war liberals? when a Democratic is in control of the reigns the anti war liberals get silent.
I think the silence is more related to the alternative. The republicans have not exactly been attracting swing voters these days.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#36294 Jun 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Beyond the fact that there is no citizens there are no states and there is no country, the fiction known as the united states can be compared to an upside down mortgage.
There is more fictitious debt than there is money to pay back.
Do you support the abolishing of the current fictitious monetary system in exchange for a more accountable system?
How much does your dealer charge you?
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#36295 Jun 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Same with self massage.
You're really classy, articulate, intelligent and intuitive.

i bow to a superior person like you.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#36296 Jun 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

The truth hurts!
Given the level of your high intelligence, i am sure that you and others like you will soon invent methods to defeat death and to resurrect the dead and besides we'll soon hear through the press about how you guys have unravelled the secret of how insentient matter gave rise to sentience - life from insentient chemicals. Wow!
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36297 Jun 3, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton, our first black president, knew a lot about Jews too.
Obama has been getting some interesting press of late. His drone war against terrorists, and his authorization to conduct cyber warfare. He doesnt exactly fall into the conservative playbook regarding what "liberal" behavior. Or pacifist behavior either. And on a related note, a NYTimes op ed noted that prosecution of Wall Street shenanigans by the Justice Dept was highest under Bush of all people, rather than Obama or Clinton.
that is because wall street has Obama in their pocket, correct "his war" unconstitutional presidential abuse of power
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#36298 Jun 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
that is because wall street has Obama in their pocket, correct "his war" unconstitutional presidential abuse of power
Show me a war that is constitutional.

And while you are at it, explain to me why specifically Obama is to blame for 2 wars started by his predecessor.
former res

Broomall, PA

#36299 Jun 3, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the level of your high intelligence, i am sure that you and others like you will soon invent methods to defeat death and to resurrect the dead and besides we'll soon hear through the press about how you guys have unravelled the secret of how insentient matter gave rise to sentience - life from insentient chemicals. Wow!
you're the supposedly spiritual one, not me
former res

Broomall, PA

#36300 Jun 3, 2012
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really classy, articulate, intelligent and intuitive.
i bow to a superior person like you.
It's about time.

You may rise.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#36301 Jun 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be more concerned about taking actions that harm others. The above actions, in and of themselves, don't do that.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#36302 Jun 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

you're the supposedly spiritual one, not me
i am neither classy nor intelligent nor articulate nor intuitive like you which is why i said that you and others like you would soon discover electro-chemical methods to raise the dead and to prolong life indefinitely and besides i am sure that you guys will, in the near future, also unravel the secret of creating sentience from insentient matter.
JOEL PASTAKIA

Mumbai, India

#36303 Jun 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

It's about time.

You may rise.
Yes.

i certainly want to become classy, cultured, intelligent, articulate and intuitive like you.

Please help me to become superior like you.
Voluntarist

Baltimore, MD

#36304 Jun 3, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be more concerned about taking actions that harm others. The above actions, in and of themselves, don't do that.
Comes down to whatever you consider an action, supporting a cult in harming others, socially, financing etc is action would you agree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John 1,563,834
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min cpeter1313 315,193
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr Thomas 7233 20,965
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Thu jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jul 17 Standing up to DCF 86
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jul 13 John 63,930

Newington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newington Mortgages