Wright Upsets Klett For Mayor; Republ...

Wright Upsets Klett For Mayor; Republicans Win Majorities

There are 85 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 6, 2007, titled Wright Upsets Klett For Mayor; Republicans Win Majorities. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

In a series of upsets that left town Democrats almost speechless, Republican Jeff Wright defeated Democrat Maureen Klett in the race for mayor on a night Republicans also emerged with majorities on the town ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Esteban

Newington, CT

#83 Nov 17, 2007
Pauleeee wrote:
...now I'm not a Rep.
Ya right.

I have seen my taxes increase a whole lot more than 3.5% a year. The difference in the fifth year between 3% and 8% is $1200.00

I'll take a few bumps in the roads and the city manager slumming it in his old office and keep my $1200.00 thank you.
Eddy Morales

Rocky Hill, CT

#84 Oct 25, 2013
Clyde wrote:
At least Mark Pappa did not run and win!
that would be worse than gary toubman running and winning
Eddy Morales

Rocky Hill, CT

#85 Oct 25, 2013
Matt D wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just wondering how a person who basically chastises an injured kid on his football team is gonna help protect the kids in school. Ironic, isn't it??
OMG because he reprimanded a player on his team he is qualified to be mayor?
how does the mayor even impact the protection of kids in school?
You are probably gary toubman in disquise
football coach

Newington, CT

#86 Sep 15, 2014
Casual Observer wrote:
Just a reminder, Mike Lenares, Mary "Puba" Niro" and Tony Boni are all related in one way or another. All these kudos to the Republicans seem to be based on the "Dump Klett" issue. Do any of you realize the consequences of the mass cuts that will be necessary for Jeff Wright to keep his 3% promise? Seniors, schools, the infrastructure, capital improvements and all other services will suffer. Congratulations Mr. Wright, we wil all be watching you to make sure you keep your promise.
One day our former mayor mike laneres bragged to me about how he defrauds the IRS
football coach

Newington, CT

#87 Sep 15, 2014
Jim Santoro wrote:
yea Jeff!
Santoro you rat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Earthling-1 60,175
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Gunner 1,396,356
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Ize Fund 70,734
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr ThomasA 311,360
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 19 hr Jos 59
Review: Cote's Landscaping & Lawn Service LLC. May '16 jhovs10 1
Keep Away From B & D Automotive In Newington CT Mar '16 JohnWilkinson 2

Newington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newington Mortgages