ENFIELD: Three Arrested On Drug Charges

Full story: Hartford Courant

Three men were arrested after police interrupted an alleged drug deal about 6 p.m. Tuesday on Dartmouth Street.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Budd

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 17, 2009
 
Ladies and Gentlemen please witness yet another person who hides their lack of real logic behind insults. Still can't prove me wrong though.
Granny

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Budd wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen please witness yet another person who hides their lack of real logic behind insults. Still can't prove me wrong though.
As the saying goes, I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent! Drugs are illegal. You're thinking with a smoke-hazed brain. The logic is that drugs do harm to your body and mind, and you are perfect proof of that.
Granny

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 18, 2009
 
Budd wrote:
Who gave you the right to tell me what to smoke or drink? Can you at least try to come up with an intelligent answer to that? I know I didn't.
And by the way, you can smoke and drink anything you want in the privacy of your own home. I do take exception to you spouting your theories in an open forum. Try using the "don't ask, don't tell" approach until you can come up with some lucid thoughts.
Budd

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 18, 2009
 
Granny, if you have evidence that I am wrong then present it. I keep asking you to come up with reasons why I am wrong and you keep insulting.

And you are WRONG. I can't smoke anything I want. If I try to do that then I can get arrested and put in jail. What part of ILLEGAL do you not understand?

And what part of FREEDOM don't you understand? This is America. Remember that word we celebrate on the 4th of July? You don't get to decide what I do in my life. The laws against drugs are immoral AND anti-freedom. They cause much more pain and suffering than the drugs themselves do and they keep drugs on the black market where CRIMINALS make billions of dollars a year. And its all done with the excuse that we have to protect people from themselves. After all, other than using it as a reason to look down on me, do you really care if I smoke pot? Do you care if I die of cancer? Do you care enough to spend 40 billion dollars a year trying to stop me?

Let it be sold in legal markets where the employees will check for proof of age, where it will be sold at a price so low that the smugglers simply won't want to bother anymore. We already have laws against DUI and giving drugs to children. Leave these in place but let grown adults make their own decisions, even if you do think we're losers.
Ward Cleaver

Ellington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

And I thought Leo Arnone was dead,he just went under cover, nice job Leo baby!!!
WL person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 19, 2009
 
Let's just legalize it, tax it, and stop the frivolous debates.
Hey Budd lets party

Suffield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 20, 2009
 
Budd wrote:
FYI wrote "To all those applying to become police officers, please read these articles and then the comments. This is a thankless job and it is not worth the hassle. Find something better. You will thank me later. "
Get off your soap box. YOU'RE the ones hunting us down and ruining OUR lives. YOU'RE the ones who run around shooting people, including many innocent people. YOU'RE the ones who get a trip talking people out of their constitutional rights.
When you stop being predators and start being PEACEKEEPERS again then people will start thanking you again.
Budd. We can't all give you an "honest debate" on a Courant Forum as we all have jobs and there is not enough room. But in your response to legalize marijuana I give you two reasons. 1. Look at the rise of health care with cigarettes as with pot there will be more respitory illnesses. 2. Unlike alcohol, marijuana is easier to "make" yourself so regulating through the govt will be tens times more difficult as anyone will be able to "bootleg" it. As far as you trying to do my job, you get fired up on a forum so I would hate to see you trying to control a domestic violence complaint or a larceny in progress. I really think you are the only one on a soap box.
Granny

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Mar 20, 2009
 
Hey Budd lets party wrote:
<quoted text>
Budd. We can't all give you an "honest debate" on a Courant Forum as we all have jobs and there is not enough room. But in your response to legalize marijuana I give you two reasons. 1. Look at the rise of health care with cigarettes as with pot there will be more respitory illnesses. 2. Unlike alcohol, marijuana is easier to "make" yourself so regulating through the govt will be tens times more difficult as anyone will be able to "bootleg" it. As far as you trying to do my job, you get fired up on a forum so I would hate to see you trying to control a domestic violence complaint or a larceny in progress. I really think you are the only one on a soap box.
AMEN! If Budd put half as much effort into a job as he does in his posts, he'd quickly hold a position of importance! Uh, sorry, guess not--at least not while he's high on pot!
just saying

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 8, 2009
 
the real story wrote:
<quoted text>So although it is not your fault that you don't know all the facts, you should not speak before knowing all the facts just because you want marijauna legalized. Marijuana might be harmless in the privacy of you own home but when you do it in public and put other people's lives in jeapordy than that is another story.
If pot was legalized then the cops would have never had a reason to arrest the dealers and the dealers never would have run, and nobody would have been in danger.
justducky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
May 12, 2009
 
WATERBOARD

Waterboard the tokers. Waterboard the cops. Waterboard the Politicians. Waterboard the dealers. Waterboard them all!!!

It's the American way. That makes it right.

“Fallen Angel”

Since: Jan 07

New England

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 12, 2009
 
Alcohol is a bigger problem than marijuana because it is a more dangerous and harmful drug than marijuana. Many marijuana consumers prefer marijuana precisely because it is a milder drug than alcohol. To the extent that the law steers people away from cannabis and towards alcohol, the law undermines public health and safety. Perhaps more importantly, the inconsistency of the drug laws relative to the actual harms and dangers of drugs shows the law to be arbitrary, a culture war rather than a genuine public health policy. And of course a lot of careers are being made on the drug war, so organized economic interests grow around the policy and support it despite the disastrous consequences for public health and public safety and human freedom.

I would compare the culture war against marijuana or any other drug to other totalitarian attempts to publicly control the private lifestyle of the individual. An atheist might ask why the Christians under Soviet rule insisted on holding private worship meetings in their homes when it could result in being arrested and shipped off to a re-education camp and jail. Getting arrested was "their own fault." The same pattern is seen in the arrest and incarceration and forced "treatment" of drug consumers who have committed no crime beyond possession or consumption of a drug that is important in their subculture and therefore their identity. However they find their joy and relief, so long as there are no victims whose person, property or rights are violated, then that personal choice should be regarded as part of the inalienable right to pursuit of happiness. And until there is a legally regulated market for marijuana or other prohibited drugs, "trafficking" is a bogus totalitarian charge as well.
been there done that

Cumberland, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Mar 21, 2013
 
Check this out- Just innocent kids right? Losers

Driver In Fatal Crash Faces Jail Term
20-year-old Pleads No Contest To Manslaughter And Other Charges
June 29, 2007|By LARRY SMITH; Courant Staff Writer
ENFIELD A 20-year-old local man faces two years in prison after pleading no contest Thursday to manslaughter in a June 18, 2006, car accident that killed a male passenger.

Ryan Bombard, of 78 Pleasant St., pleaded no contest in Superior Court in Enfield to second-degree manslaughter with a motor vehicle, second-degree assault and operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol. One of his passengers, Austin Wrann, 18, of Enfield, died of injuries sustained in the crash.

Ads by Google
Compare Blue Buffalo
Take the True Blue Test to Compare Your Pet Food to BLUE. Get a Coupon
BlueBuffalo.com Puritan's Pride Vitamins
Buy 2 Get 3 Free. Plus Free Shipping!
Puritan.com Bombard also pleaded guilty to third-degree assault for a May 6, 2006, incident in which he was one of several people who assaulted a man after a party, Assistant State's Attorney Christopher Parakilas said.

Judge Howard Scheinblum offered Bombard a term of eight years suspended after two years and five years' probation for his pleas. The maximum sentence for all of the charges would be 16.5 years, Scheinblum said.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, police were called to a serious car accident about 2:40 a.m. June 18 at the Little Sisters of the Poor property on Post Office Road in Enfield. Police identified Bombard as the driver and Joshua Durosette, Austin Wrann and his cousin Ian Wrann, who were all 18, as the passengers.

A preliminary assessment of the crash scene showed that Bombard's 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier sedan left Post Office Road while traveling west. The car knocked over a utility pole, crossed a driveway and through bushes and stopped against a tree, the warrant said.

Bombard, Durosette and Ian Wrann were taken to St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center. Bombard and Durosette were treated and released later that day. Ian Wrann suffered a concussion and injuries to his liver and a kidney, the warrant said.

Austin Wrann was taken to Hartford Hospital by Life Star helicopter for severe injuries and later died.

Data from an undamaged sensing diagnostic module, or black box, indicated that the car was traveling 107 mph five seconds before it stopped. Other calculations indicated that the car was traveling about 99 mph at impact, the warrant said.

Bombard told police that he remembered drinking several cans of beer at a friend's house, and he and his passengers decided to go home, the warrant said.

Bombard said he remembered a stop sign and Post Office and Post roads, then waking up in the car.

A witness told police that while he was stopped at the Post Office and Post roads intersection he saw a Chevrolet Cavalier traveling at a high rate of speed. The Cavalier did not stop for the stop sign, the warrant said.

A paramedic told police that while he was treating Bombard at the scene he found an open can of beer, the warrant said. A test of Bombard's blood found a blood alcohol level of .21 percent, the warrant said. A blood alcohol level of .08 is the legal limit.

Bombard is scheduled to be sentenced Aug. 23.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Newington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Newington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newington
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••