Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311598 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322216 Feb 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> For someone so learned in the Catholic/Christian faith, you sure are ignorant. Which leads us all to view you as a phony. I do believe however, that you were raised Catholic but due to your abortion, you ran to feel safe from judgement. You're safe til judgement day. Although you can't run away from it emotionally.
As a former Catholic, you would know that God loves you and will forgive and heal you if you ask.
Too proud and angry.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#322217 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The medical definition of abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term. There's opportunity for you to learn this and put it to use in your daily dealings. Who knows, perhaps a door will open on your intellectual honesty and you'd see things in a new perspective.
<quoted text>
SJM, are there worthy victims in your opinion? Why or why not?
<quoted text>
Why are you so hung up on Susan Smith? Were you and she childhood friends? Rebellious teenagers? Come on, SJM, you can tell us. We're all friends, here, right?
Because I do. So people like you look stupid trying to falsely accuse me of supporting something I don't support. Why don't you support personal privacy and bodily autonomy?
I do support personal privacy and bodily autonomy. Killing your unwanted child has nothing to do with that.

I am 100% against killing a womans unborn child. You are for it when YOU think it's okay but when you DON'T, then you are anti-choice. You're a hot mess.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322218 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Refusing to save one's own life is suicide. I would not help my child do that.
I think it is weird that you would.
I think it's weird your reading comprehension is still so horrid at your age being as I said I wouldn't stand in SJM's way.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322219 Feb 18, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was. Under my hypothetical, I made it YOUR CALL. And you said you would accede to that woman's last wishes, regardless of the current circumstances. Even though it would condemn that little girl to certain death. And that IS sick.
<quoted text>
Nosy parker ? I never even said what I would do. I just said YOU were sick to condemn that girl to certain death who could otherwise be saved, for the want of the wishes of a woman who was already dead and whose desire to not be kept artificially alive was made with no recognition that it would one day cost her own flesh and blood her very life.
My call seemed to line up with the court's call. The woman and her fetus have perished because her known will not to be hooked up to artificial life support was finally respected and followed by the hospital administering its misperception of the law. The husband and son can now begin rebuilding their lives all while ignoring your ignorant claims of being sick and condemning.

Oh, deductive reasoning allowed me to realize you would force a brain dead woman against her known will to remain hooked up to artificial life support for the sake of gestating a fetus already condemned by an undetermined amount of time without oxygen. That's why I rightfully call you Nosy Parker. You are.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322220 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's weird your reading comprehension is still so horrid at your age being as I said I wouldn't stand in SJM's way.
That's because you wouldn't give a rat's ass anyway.

You don't care about anything that doesn't affect you personally. That how bad things get rolling and no one stops it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322221 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
My call seemed to line up with the court's call. The woman and her fetus have perished because her known will not to be hooked up to artificial life support was finally respected and followed by the hospital administering its misperception of the law. The husband and son can now begin rebuilding their lives all while ignoring your ignorant claims of being sick and condemning.
Oh, deductive reasoning allowed me to realize you would force a brain dead woman against her known will to remain hooked up to artificial life support for the sake of gestating a fetus already condemned by an undetermined amount of time without oxygen. That's why I rightfully call you Nosy Parker. You are.
All's well that ends well.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322222 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you wouldn't give a rat's ass anyway.
You don't care about anything that doesn't affect you personally. That how bad things get rolling and no one stops it.
Don't try to put me on the defensive because you're talking out your butt, Ink. It is you who would not follow the wishes of a pregnant woman who'd rather forego a life-saving abortion for reasons *she* deems pertinent.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322223 Feb 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I do support personal privacy and bodily autonomy. Killing your unwanted child has nothing to do with that.
I am 100% against killing a womans unborn child. You are for it when YOU think it's okay but when you DON'T, then you are anti-choice. You're a hot mess.
Intellectual honesty is not your forte, obviously.

We are not discussing "killing unwanted children". How many times do you need to be told this before it sinks in?

We are discussing pregnancy ending prior to term whether induced or spontaneous.

The only hot mess here is you.

(just between you and me, don't let Ink make the decision for your hypothetical daughter. she wouldn't respect your dying daughter's wishes of refusing a life-saving abortion. Ink thinks that's tantamount to committing suicide.)
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322224 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try to put me on the defensive because you're talking out your butt, Ink. It is you who would not follow the wishes of a pregnant woman who'd rather forego a life-saving abortion for reasons *she* deems pertinent.
You bet that I wouldn't help 'my daughter' commit suicide. Hopefully I haven't raised a nut case of a child who want to kill both herself and her child.

Psycotheraphy for all.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322225 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Intellectual honesty is not your forte, obviously.
We are not discussing "killing unwanted children". How many times do you need to be told this before it sinks in?
We are discussing pregnancy ending prior to term whether induced or spontaneous.
The only hot mess here is you.
(just between you and me, don't let Ink make the decision for your hypothetical daughter. she wouldn't respect your dying daughter's wishes of refusing a life-saving abortion. Ink thinks that's tantamount to committing suicide.)
Thought you were talking about anyone in the worlds daughter not Sassy's.

Did you tell the truth.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322226 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you were talking about anyone in the worlds daughter not Sassy's.
Did you tell the truth.
Does your answer change if it's SJM rather than any woman anywhere in the world?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322227 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your answer change if it's SJM rather than any woman anywhere in the world?
My answer doesn't change but the truthfulness of the story does. I don't believe life threathening was part of her comment. I believe she would adhere to the double negative effect.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322228 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you like hypotheticals, here is one for you.

If your husband died and before he did, he requested that his beloved 3 yr old dog and your family pet be euthanized and buried with him, would you do it?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#322229 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess I hit a nerve.
Guess trying to have a discussion with a total moron like you is a waste of time
katie

Auburn, WA

#322230 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My answer doesn't change but the truthfulness of the story does. I don't believe life threathening was part of her comment. I believe she would adhere to the double negative effect.
Life-threatening was indeed part of the hypothetical. But you will believe what you want regardless of facts. SJM reiterated today she is against abortion 100%. So there you have it. Not sure about SJM, but I wouldn't consider refusing a life-saving abortion tantamount to suicide.
katie

Auburn, WA

#322231 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you like hypotheticals, here is one for you.
If your husband died and before he did, he requested that his beloved 3 yr old dog and your family pet be euthanized and buried with him, would you do it?
I wouldn't stick around if that's what he deemed his last wishes without undergoing some serious counseling and knowledge of the law. Pets are not motorcycles, you know (even if all of them can be called baby).

You should try harder, Ink.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322232 Feb 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I just got off the phone with my brother. I told him to make funeral arrangements for his son who in the NICU. He was born premature and is on a ventilator and feeding tube, so I informed him that Bitler said that his son is terminal therefore.
He said "FU".
Hmmm..wonder what HIS problem is. Should they pull the plug?
Oh, look, Lyin' Sassy has yet ANOTHER tall tale that's supposed to prove something.

If I want to read fiction, I've got plenty of books in my own home.

Your lies don't interest me.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322233 Feb 18, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"And what is your opinion based on?"

What opinion?

"What do you have against feelings or opinions?"

Not a thing. However, you wanting everyone to act according YOUR feelings and opinions is just self-centered.

"That is how we all operate to some extent."

Now you've got the point. No one is obligated by YOUR feelings and opinions, but that doesn't stop you from judging them for NOT doing so.

"Life is much more interesting if you take an interest in the world around you and challenge what you think about different things like politics, morals, sports or where the US is going. Expand your horizons. You will be a more interesting person and happier."

You're projecting. Take your own advice.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#322234 Feb 18, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
"A husband refusing artificial life support for his incapacitated wife is different when there is a life inside her womb."

Really? How so?

What would you say if the woman had a living will that expressly refused artificial life support? Would you say the doctors and her husband can disregard her expressed wishes if she's pregnant, but can't if she's not?
There is an obligation to do everything possible to bring the life in her womb to term .. No sense or reason to just pull the plug on the unborn baby ..

Cold as it may sound, yes, they should disregard her expressed wishes if there is a unborn baby needing her to be kept alive in order to be brought to term .. or at least closer to it ..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#322235 Feb 18, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me, tell Ink. She kept insisting she didn't remember the hypothetical the way I presented it.
I am pro-choice. If some pregnant woman wants to refuse a life-saving abortion, that's her choice. I'm not going to get in the way. Ink would. She thought it was not loving. So again, don't tell me. Tell Ink.
PS, in the off chance you are Pupsy, you need to know the trolls here have already tried to impersonate Chicky. Perhaps they're now impersonating Pupsy.
Ok ..

Yeah, I am pupsy ..
Thanks for the heads up tho ..

Is Chicky on the threads anymore ??
What about Foo ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Paris 1,417,421
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,003
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,937
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Buck Rohde 20,478
News SEA CLIFF: Paramedic arrested on child harm cha... (Jun '08) Aug 21 Greg 55
News Gay Marriage (Mar '09) Aug 20 newsb 482
Vote for Hillary Aug 18 GetReal 2

Newington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newington Mortgages