Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
290,161 - 290,180 of 305,182 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually has made a decision that you do not personally like or approve of as being a legitimate.
But here is the great part. Your opinion is meaningless to any woman having to make a decision concerning her pregnancy. It does not matter if you, I, or any one approves or disapproves.
I agree with you 100%, but no matter who agrees or disagrees, when a woman is already pregnant, and decides she doesn't want to continue, she must either kill herself, or kill the life growing within her.:(
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100%, but no matter who agrees or disagrees, when a woman is already pregnant, and decides she doesn't want to continue, she must either kill herself, or kill the life growing within her.:(
I could be wrong, but at some point I do believe every pregnant woman decides she doesn't want to "continue" and that's usually during labor. Your killing fantasies notwithstanding.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe miscarriage is tantamount to abortion if a woman prays and prays for it and God says "Yes"?
Are you unable to read . Have problems with comprehension ???

I thought maybe I was pregnAnt ..there was no such thing as a pregnancy test ..I was sixteen..had no idea,what a miscarriage was ..barely in a,about pregnancy. Except if you were,late ..it COULD mean you were pregnant .
There was,NO SEX ED ..WE KNEW VERY LITTLE ABIUT OUR BODIES .

I prayed I was NOT pregnant...I was two weeks late . It took another 2 month and a trip to the doctor to be sure
Again people,cannot comprehend how,different things used to be .

Six years later in order to know if I was,pregnant I had to have a blood test over a,month after I was late ..
And even then the lab said it could be a false result

So praying I was,NOT pregnant ..NO I aS not praying for an abortion.

That word was,not even in common Usage ..despite what people here think .

There were no mass illegal abortions ..You had your baby ...kept it or gave it for adoption ...was the NORM.

THEY had home for unwed mothers that were common.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe miscarriage is tantamount to abortion if a woman prays and prays for it and God says "Yes"?
AND,it says,a lot about your mind that this is,what you took from that post ...just sayin

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
So His plan for Esau was to create Esau to hate Esau? Remember, God hated Esau before he was born.
So what's the plan for the "unborn" that are aborted? God created them and it was their free will to be aborted? You just said His plan "was not that we do away with those lives."
Actually have no idea why that particular statement ..put that way in
The BIble ...ask the writer ..

God gave Esau life ..he was the head of a,people ...And turned out quite rich on his own...
He did not kill his brother for what he did

He just was not to be the heir of his father ..nor was he intended to be .

Maybe God knew his heart ..And that he would not be faithful to HIM.

THESE were the heirs of the ABRAMIC covenant ...I'm thinking God wanted someone ..though VERY IMPERFECT ..That would seek Him as did Jacob .to be the progenitor of the Jews ..

I do not know,God's.mind .

What I see when I read of the people is imperfection ..with God as the
Focus...this imperfection has been written ...which shows me the book is true ..

If it were not ...Jacob would have been portrayed much more perfect ..so would David ..And Peter and many others ..

It's easy for folks to rewrite history ...especially conquerors ..

However the BIBLE tells the true story of a,people ...of a faith ..
Of a,Saviour born ..who died for our sins .

God does,have a,plan..

We can follow,Him or not ..our choice .

But in the end ..we are with Him.or we are not .

And yes That is,my belief ..

I know,many if you don't believe ..That also is your choice ..

I do pray in the name of Jesus, that somehow you may believe ..

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be wrong, but at some point I do believe every pregnant woman decides she doesn't want to "continue" and that's usually during labor. Your killing fantasies notwithstanding.
Lol if you think the woman makes,a decision in that .

Oh she may get induced labor nowadays for many reasons
..But really ..delivery is,preordained unless,of course she ends the life of her offspring by aborting...the baby will come when it's time ..She cannot carry it forever .

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
AND,it says,a lot about your mind that this is,what you took from that post ...just sayin
Frankly, it says a lot about yours that if your prayers to no longer be pregnant had been answered 'yes', it wouldn't have been an abortion in your mind.

What a HOWLING hypocrite you can be, miss Rose.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right. The night before my wife went into labor, I'm sure she was ready to "no longer be pregnant ",but there is still a HUGE difference in wanting the pregnancy to be over with, and willingly allowing another person to end the pregnancy by killing the life within the pregnant woman, just as there is a HUGE difference in natural death, and murder.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly, it says a lot about yours that if your prayers to no longer be pregnant had been answered 'yes', it wouldn't have been an abortion in your mind.
What a HOWLING hypocrite you can be, miss Rose.
Regardless of what she prayed or even what she meant, she was 16 at the time. Are all people who change their mind on issues over the years hypocites?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As,I said some were IN NAME ONLY .
BUT there are hypocrites everywhere ..religious or not.
You again are,painting with a broad brush .
I try nit to make generalizations about any group ..just me I suppose ..or else I'd never know,any one who was not in lockstep with me ..
Well violent criminals,..Not my fave...
I'm not generalizing. It is true that most people who claim to follow religious tenets are hypocrites. It just so happens that most Americans who claim a religion identify as Christian. That's why I'm specifying Christians. I'm not you don't like it. If don't agree, that's cool. I fully expect it.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not generalizing. It is true that most people who claim to follow religious tenets are hypocrites. It just so happens that most Americans who claim a religion identify as Christian. That's why I'm specifying Christians. I'm not you don't like it. If don't agree, that's cool. I fully expect it.
Unless you carry yourself AT ALL TIMES, the way you wish to others view you, then are you not being a hypocrite?

I realize you won't respond, and that's cool. Pride is a powerful thing, and spoken about much in the Bible.

Do you forgive others, if they've asked you to, or only certain ones who agree with you? What's that called?

Plus, I wasn't being sarcastic about the pbs thing. I have learned a lot and much is amazing what they are doing in the medical field, with tiny robots driving through human eyes to deliver medicine to places they cannot reach, to pre programmed "bees " which ride through the blood stream seeking out cancer cells and "stinging " them. I don't agree with the billions of years thingy, but that's ok to :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of what she prayed or even what she meant, she was 16 at the time. Are all people who change their mind on issues over the years hypocites?
Why, are you worried you might be one too?

If you pray for "God" to relieve you of pregnancy, and he does, and you think you've avoided getting an abortion, or you thank god that you lost your 'baby', but you frown on someone going to a doctor to make sure they do, you are a howling hypocrite.

I don't care how old you are.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Their behavior disgusts me, but I just feel pity for them. They're deluding themselves that conscience comes from without, rather than within. That the reason to comport themselves uprightly on earth, is to gain the keys to some otherworldly heaven. And that all other life forms are somehow theirs to 'subdue', having been granted 'dominion' by the same creator who made all of us. It's pathetic, sick, and not a little ominous, especially given all the damage the earth sustains from human beings on a daily basis. How much longer is their 'god' going to let us use his beautiful creation as a litter box? They never worry about that - they're WAY more worried about women having fewer kids, as if there aren't enough humans in the world.
We are in heaven.
Someone won't let us enjoy it.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Why, are you worried you might be one too?
If you pray for "God" to relieve you of pregnancy, and he does, and you think you've avoided getting an abortion, or you thank god that you lost your 'baby', but you frown on someone going to a doctor to make sure they do, you are a howling hypocrite.
I don't care how old you are.
I'm not worried that I "may " be a hypocrite, becouse I already "know " that I am.

I've been one in the past, and will be one in the future.

Perhaps we should pass laws that any parent who did wrong as a teen has no right to teach their kids to do right.

Any cop who has drove above the speed limit, should not be allowed to write speeding tickets.

Any judge that has done anything wrong must step down, after all who are they to judge?

I don't particularly like that kill at will abortion is legal in the us, but I do believe people can and do choose to do as they please. They are the ones that must live with their choices, and God knows I have more than my share of mistakes, and outright doing bad to live with.

There is a law given by a higher power, whether people believe or not, just like folks can choose to believe or not the laws of the land, but if caught, they learn the law was true, and with God, it's not "if " caught, but when.
The reason He may seem harsh, according to His Word,with those who die lost, is becouse He did send His only begotton Son to die for All of us, and He lets His Word be known to All, over and over, especially in the us, and all He asks is for us to agree with Him, that we are all sinners, hypocrits, liars, adulterous, fornicating, lustful, pride filled people, and put our faith and trust in His only begotten son. Just that simple, yet Satan and our flesh has us blind and tangled up, with sooo many matters, hoping he sends us to hell.

If I did not care about you, I wouldn't say this. The reason I care, is becouse 12 years ago, this real God saved my Non carring soul, and gave me a new heart, that does care.

If you or any would swallow your pride and simply seek God "forget names or how to word things ",just truly seek God, then that God would make Himself known unto you, and then and only then will you realize the truth, that simply cannot be realized in words.

Peace lady :)

Good news, I'm headed for parchman ms and won't be able to respond till the weekend.

Keep em straight till I return. Lol

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Why? Did you misplace one?
Have some elderberry wine...
<quoted text>
Ah, you really shouldn't feed the trolls ;-D
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

I think if you don't like abortions don't get one. MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND LET OTHERS MIND THERES,.you know FREEDOM.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
So His plan for Esau was to create Esau to hate Esau? Remember, God hated Esau before he was born.
So what's the plan for the "unborn" that are aborted? God created them and it was their free will to be aborted? You just said His plan "was not that we do away with those lives."
God hated Esau before he was born????
Where in the Bible can I find that written?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
At some point, we're all "gone". So, your god just uses people and tosses them aside when he can't anymore? Nice deity.
<quoted text>
What else would you want?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The more that these dummies describe their petty and petulant god, the more it is apparent that they are masochistic little sheep.
I'll ask you the same question, what else would you want?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Their behavior disgusts me, but I just feel pity for them. They're deluding themselves that conscience comes from without, rather than within. That the reason to comport themselves uprightly on earth, is to gain the keys to some otherworldly heaven. And that all other life forms are somehow theirs to 'subdue', having been granted 'dominion' by the same creator who made all of us. It's pathetic, sick, and not a little ominous, especially given all the damage the earth sustains from human beings on a daily basis. How much longer is their 'god' going to let us use his beautiful creation as a litter box? They never worry about that - they're WAY more worried about women having fewer kids, as if there aren't enough humans in the world.
You are really messed up on this one. You have absolutely no idea of how people who have God in their lives think or feel.

You are the one who doesn't know how you got here or why you are here. Actually without a God, your life is short and meaningless. You have no reason to have been born and it doesn't really matter if your mother had aborted you or not. You have a purposeless existance and it doesn't matter if you have children or not for they have no purpose either without God.

He will allow us to use it as a 'litter box' as long as it suits His purpose.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newington Discussions

Search the Newington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Even Steven 1,084,131
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,452
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 min Chet Booswahnicki 18,608
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,905
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Nana4pali 68,064
The Trial of Heather Specyalski (Mar '13) Tue Cassie 22
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) Tue Ron Wells 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Newington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newington People Search