Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,595
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296383 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is wine. To commemorate the sacrifice. Some churches use grape juice.
What it 'is', is metaphorical cannibalism.

It's revolting.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296384 May 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>There wouldn't have been a need for a Jewish state if so many Christians weren't bigots. But, it is what it is. Interesting that they are doing to the Palestinian people what what was done to them. I'm not interested in a political discussion... just musing.
Ok will try not to get political. On the people who moved into Palestine from other countries .before the Brits left

The truth is many Arabs and Jews live peacefully side by side. JERUSALEM is open to all faiths ad it should be. Under the Israelis

THE land of Israel belongs to the Jewish people. It did before and it does now. The idea that a people not need a land ..and only needed one because of Christians.

They deserved that land and a country .period.

I don't care what HITLER called himself his religion was Hitler.period..

He wasn't even human imo
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#296385 May 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
A to the M to the E to the N :)
I believe many don't come to faith in Christ, becouse they hear the story, and don't feel that God could truly Love them after all they have done, while others feel they have not ever done anything "bad " enough to need Gods love or forgiveness.
Sad to see that you think your baseless belief is true for millions of people you know nothing about. Your petty beliefs dominate you and cripple your ability to keep an open mind.

To think that your belief is "truth" is the height of arrogance.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296386 May 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>There wouldn't have been a need for a Jewish state if so many Christians weren't bigots. But, it is what it is. Interesting that they are doing to the Palestinian people what what was done to them. I'm not interested in a political discussion... just musing.
Well shoot. I would have loved to have entered into a political discussion about the Palestinians...whom we in the United States are exhorted to 'hate' and 'fear' because of their....wait for it.....

RELIGION!!!!

We're only to think of the Palestinians as terrorists, usurpers, wolves, and child killers, and we're to fall all over ourselves to keep the Jewish State of Israel alive, regardless of the fact that Palestine is older than Bethlehem, and that the Mossad has been targeting Palestinians for at least as long as the PLO has targeted Jews.

I really think the only reason we put "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, and replaced 'E. Pluribus Unum' with 'In God We Trust', back in the 1950's, was to bolster some sort of Pact with Israel to assure the fruition of some ridiculous 2000 year old prophecy.

(They can say it was because of the Soviet Union, and our resolve to differentiate ourselves from the commies, all they want...I think it has a lot more to do with religion than politics.)

And in either case, inserting and replacing those changes, was the beginning of another rise, in American Political agitation and power, from the side of the radical rabid religious right. It resulted in exclusionary language being applied to our very currency, not to mention our patriotism.....very bad ideas.

JMO
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#296387 May 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, it is often hard to see a writers "intent", but I knew all along you just enjoyed music, and wasn't trying to slur God @@
Sarcasim implied!
It's more a shot at fundies like you who lie, distort and deny facts on behalf of your religion.

Then again, I know you can't understand simple things and instead thrust your own warped POV into what people say and do.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#296388 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Worth a shot . Think the mini only 10 $
I am pretty sure it's in device manager tobdisablecthe touch pad . You don't have to but it keeps you from messing up if you touch the pad while typing.
Yes, but the want isn't there.
Thanks for the recommendation, though :)
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296389 May 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
Thought I answered this but can't see it love topix

First. You honestly believe they shouldn't Need country..the only people without a homeland. It was long overdue. If they had one before the maniac they could have left ALL the occupied countries.

Hitler was no more a Christain than Gosnell was a caring doctor. His bitterness was just on a bigger scale.

Have Christians persecuted the Jews down history. Yes. DID Christ tell them to..no way. But people use any excuse for evil or power. Not that I believe in Allah but I doubt he tells people to blow people up either.
That is just pure making things up

God told Abraham I will BLESS those who BLESS you and curse those who curse you. JESUS preached a peaceful faith. And the Jews were his disciples. How a religion that claims to follow St Peter who was a Jew ever condoned that is beyond me.

Anyway. Without too much said about the people who moved into Palestine before the Brits left so they could say it was THE HOMELAND..
many Jews and Arabs lived side by side for years. Jerusalem is free for all faiths for worship under ISRAELI rule..as it should be.

Anyway the original thought is Scripture promised the Jews would return.

They have..who knew..God.and those who believe Him
STO

Vallejo, CA

#296390 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I am not likely to be ABLE to change anything but hearts and minds. I am for ultrasounds that are available for the mom yo see if she wants to. I am for contraception. And maybe scaring terns with consequences. Pregnancy..abortion and Awful STDs. Maybe stop hooking up and multiple partners.
The pol's say they want abortion rare. I personally don't believe a word of it.
But yes if I could get just one woman to look at the long term and opt to have her baby..That would make me glad. Abortion is FINAL.pregnancy isn't in most cases:)
"The pol's say they want abortion rare. I personally don't believe a word of it."

"pol's"

??

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#296391 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok will try not to get political. On the people who moved into Palestine from other countries .before the Brits left
The truth is many Arabs and Jews live peacefully side by side. JERUSALEM is open to all faiths ad it should be. Under the Israelis
THE land of Israel belongs to the Jewish people. It did before and it does now. The idea that a people not need a land ..and only needed one because of Christians.
They deserved that land and a country .period.
He wasn't even human imo
The Palestinians have as much of a right to a hotel and as the Israelis. The are being robbed by Israel. It has nothing to do with the Bible.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296392 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What it 'is', is metaphorical cannibalism.
It's revolting.
Cannibalism. Not . A commemoration.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#296393 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>

He wasn't even human imo
You can deny it all you want, but hitler identified himself as a christian and his religious upbringing and his own words speaks for itself. You don't get to decide what someone elses religion is.

Oh, and he was human. Deal with it.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#296394 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not funny but it sounds like when they came out with Windows Me
Supposed to be better. Everyone hated it..got lots of those blue screens of death!!' Mine wasn't too bad. But 7 is ok. Just learn and get used to something then .can't get it anymore. Depressing. Like comfy shoes
Needed to get one for HUBBY. He had to give back work oNE. but he really never uses them since not working. So git some more memory for my old x p laptop..took all my stuff off..but hey it works and he feels he has his own. Lol but he can't even run scans or updates. I AM not learning a new system for his 15 minutes a week. Plus the money.
Sometimes they make you want to scream . But the geeks should be able to help you..take it in and holler. Lol
See, here's the thing with this system... Part of it thinks it's running XP. It is the strangest thing. I cannot access factory settings, though I can access everything else. I think the issue is in the firewall and/or antivirus/antimalware program. That part is running great. Maybe a little too great...

Am gonna call the Geek Squad and let them fix it.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#296395 May 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"The pol's say they want abortion rare. I personally don't believe a word of it."
"pol's"
??
<---- <poke>
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#296396 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>

Hitler was no more a Christain than Gosnell was a caring doctor.
See my previous post. Hitler identified himself as a christian and he was raised catholic. Facts override you. You don't get to decide what someones religion is, but you are welcome to form your own opinion.

Atrisco Village

#296397 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Well shoot. I would have loved to have entered into a political discussion about the Palestinians...whom we in the United States are exhorted to 'hate' and 'fear' because of their....wait for it.....
RELIGION!!!!
We're only to think of the Palestinians as terrorists, usurpers, wolves, and child killers, and we're to fall all over ourselves to keep the Jewish State of Israel alive, regardless of the fact that Palestine is older than Bethlehem, and that the Mossad has been targeting Palestinians for at least as long as the PLO has targeted Jews.
I really think the only reason we put "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, and replaced 'E. Pluribus Unum' with 'In God We Trust', back in the 1950's, was to bolster some sort of Pact with Israel to assure the fruition of some ridiculous 2000 year old prophecy.
(They can say it was because of the Soviet Union, and our resolve to differentiate ourselves from the commies, all they want...I think it has a lot more to do with religion than politics.)
And in either case, inserting and replacing those changes, was the beginning of another rise, in American Political agitation and power, from the side of the radical rabid religious right. It resulted in exclusionary language being applied to our very currency, not to mention our patriotism.....very bad ideas.
JMO
I agree. The hypocrisy disgusts me. I don't mind discussing with rosesz and you and other respectful, intelligent and reasonable people. It's certain reactionary religionists that I will not engage. They don't deserve my attention and respect.

Atrisco Village

#296398 May 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The Palestinians have as much of a right to a hotel and as the Israelis. The are being robbed by Israel. It has nothing to do with the Bible.
---homeland---
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296399 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Well shoot. I would have loved to have entered into a political discussion about the Palestinians...whom we in the United States are exhorted to 'hate' and 'fear' because of their....wait for it.....
RELIGION!!!!
JMO
See my last post. But many of the people who are now living in Palestine were sent there in the 40s to claim the land. The ruling Arabs did NOT want a Jewish state. THEY fought wars to keep them from claiming their land. And keep fighting them.

Unfortunately the people who lived side by side becomes enemies because of all this.

As for In God we trust being related to Israel. That's news to me.

The founders of this country believed in God. They were exclusionary in wanting to protect All religions.
It is only in the last few decades that this religion of no God had taken offense at any mention of God.
I know . I lived here here through through all the changes.

No one minded creches or menorah s..and no one was yelling about this stuff. People who wanted went to church or temple or other houses of worship. Others watched football. Who cared. But then it became political..and look out.

And there was Great Education and things to separate US from the Communists
I was a kid when we had bomb drills .every kid had to learn about Americanism vs Communism.
We were scared to death here at the missiles in Cuba.
It was a Big Deal.

The communists were the exclusionary ones excluding God for the state

We did want to show we were different for sure..

Ok lol I'm done...and I'm old. I remember a time when our fights were not so much with others beliefs. We did our best for civil rights..that was the big thing...talk about exclusion. And we lived GOD and thought our country was Great and respected each other's beliefs. Or most people did.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296400 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
See, here's the thing with this system... Part of it thinks it's running XP. It is the strangest thing. I cannot access factory settings, though I can access everything else. I think the issue is in the firewall and/or antivirus/antimalware program. That part is running great. Maybe a little too great...
Am gonna call the Geek Squad and let them fix it.
Sounds like multiple personality disorder to me..go geeks..:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296401 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannibalism. Not . A commemoration.
Rose.

"This is my body. This is my blood. Eat and drink in remembrance of me."

Don't you think, if the Lord meant to say 'commemorate me' he could have left the 'bread as corpse' and bodily fluids as wine' bits out?

"Eat and drink in remembrance of me." would surely have sufficed.

But no.

He brought cannibalism into it, not me...but it's your story to enjoy.

(shudder)
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296402 May 16, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. The hypocrisy disgusts me. I don't mind discussing with rosesz and you and other respectful, intelligent and reasonable people. It's certain reactionary religionists that I will not engage. They don't deserve my attention and respect.
I agree on that. Have 2 myself I have determined not to answer . They are insulting and disrespectful.

We can disagree without insulting. And be friendly to boot.

Took me a few posts .But decided it's not worth getting upset over..
So may be they notice it not but I won't answer..
Even though inclination is human holler back!!! Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min DonPanic 48,584
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 min tcaud 19,486
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr John Galt 1,144,008
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 5 hr JosephA214 9
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) 8 hr boogie 11
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 hr TRD 68,794
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 hr JOEL 70,615
Newington Dating
Find my Match

Newington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newington

Personal Finance