Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 322256 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290511 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet I AM a woman and a mother, and I certainly do have compassion for those that deserve it.
Idiots like you dont deserve it.
I was thinking more about daughters and granddaughters and I admit I wouldn't want them going to the middle east to fight a war. Not only that, there were 19,000 reports of sexual assault in the military last year. I am used to the men in my family fighting and would hate to see the girls being forced to if the women's movement gets their way with equal rights.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290512 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't the only one. Everybody with rare exception had a married mom and dad at home. When I grew up a single parent family was rare.
Again, you're full of shit. Single parent families were't that rare, except in suburbia. And MANY of those married parents, shouldn't have remained married - but did "for the children", creating their own special brand of dysfunction.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290513 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. She's dumb as dirt, that one.
Just because you and Foo are accepting of sending daughters and granddaughters off to war doesn't mean I am dumb to not want to. I think your position is dumb and dangerous. You guys are as coldhearted about your born daughters as you are about the unborn girls.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290514 Mar 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You would compare a human baby with a dog.
No, you missed a couple layers of nuance. When would you consider a canine fetus a puppy?
No matter what you think of me God is just, and will be a true judge. I just ask you to think how you will do when you stand before Him?
That is neither up to you nor your concern.

The first line in Natalee Holloway's Mom's book is, "God is good." Then she goes on to describe what it was like to realize her daughter was missing, presumed dead, and partially blamed for it. Like saying "God has a plan" as comfort for those still living. Under the surface, one would have to wonder about "God's plan" if one admitted being human. If one blindly accepted an untimely death of a barely graduated high school senior as "God's plan" without question, wouldn't YOU wonder about the sanity in that?
You say I accuse and judge, is that not what you and others do?
Why does you side excel in the inability to decipher similes? You see the word AS in the sentence, "You sit AS accuser, judge and jury..."? That's called an observation. I observe your posts written as if you sat as accuser, judge and jury of all women.
you say you're all for womens sexual and reproductive rights, but it seems that theory is beginning to crumble, as some say if a woman conducts herself this way or that, then she's a slut /whore.
I know you think you caught Foo in some weird trap when she repeated your words referring to your mother as a wh0re, but as far as I know, you're the only one who think that.
Plus you judge me for judging?
Its like saying "I hate certain people, who hate certain people! " :)
No, I observed your written posts. Do I need to explain it again? Glance up and save us both the trouble.
I know how you and other pro choice folks think, becouse I used to be pro choice.
When.I seen myself the way God does -I realized I needed something.
Turns out, it was a savior.
Just becouse someone doesn't word things the way you think they should, doesn't mean they don't have good intentions and care about you and your future.
I disagree you think you know how "pro choice folks" think. Prochoicers think for themselves. You're, imo, incapable.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290515 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't the only one. Everybody with rare exception had a married mom and dad at home. When I grew up a single parent family was rare.
I'm 49, and had several friends who were being raised in single parent households.

Still, that doesn't address your comment that two parent households were "mostly positive". Because that's bull.

I had a great childhood, and my parents were married for almost 60 years when my mother died. But, again, I'm not stupid enough to think my experience was everyone's experience, or even "most" everyone.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290516 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you and Foo are accepting of sending daughters and granddaughters off to war doesn't mean I am dumb to not want to. I think your position is dumb and dangerous. You guys are as coldhearted about your born daughters as you are about the unborn girls.
Daughters and granddaughters already go off to war. Do you not want them forced to enlist, Ink? Like I don't want some women forced to carry an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290517 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Well said Bit! Thank you!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290518 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that's exactly how I grew up.
<quoted text> Yes Inkstain, EVERYONE had dysfunction in their families. EVERYONE had it to some degree. We simply didn't publicise it the way its made so public today.
You made a patently STUPID comment that what people or kids dealt with was "mostly positive" and that's complete, 100% BULLSHIT. You think there wasn't problems, illness, disease, bullying, abuse in families or communities back 'in the day'?
You're not naive, you're deliberately stupid.
And your glass is half full. LOL
fyi

Union, NJ

#290519 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. She's dumb as dirt, that one.
no she's not.

Location hidden

#290520 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking more about daughters and granddaughters and I admit I wouldn't want them going to the middle east to fight a war.
And most SANE parents, NOT just mothers, dont want EITHER child to go to the middle east to fight in a war. "Sane" mothers didn't want their children doing it during ANY war.

Not only that, there were 19,000 reports of sexual assault in the military last year.
ONLY 19000? There are over 1,426,713 people in the active military. There were over 683,000 sexual assults on women alone last year. That doesn't count the men assulted.

What does that have to do with anything?

You DO know women have been in the military for decades now [email protected]@
I am used to the men in my family fighting and would hate to see the girls being forced to if the women's movement gets their way with equal rights.
You'd get used to the women fighting as well, just like everyone would.

If the women doing the fighting are okay with it, who are you to disagree? Its not like anybody that matters actually gives a shit what you think.

Nobody's talking about FORCING women to fight. There hasn't been a draft since Nam. Its a volunteer military today.

AGAIN, you sound like you're saying the men are expendable but the women aren't.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290521 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dumb. Every post proves it.

There is nothing cold hearted in my position, which is not quite what you are pretending it is.

Location hidden

#290522 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a moron Inkstain. Seriously. Dirt stupid.

Nobody here has even REMOTELY said we LIKE the idea, but yes, if that's what the women WANT to do, then its not up to us to say no.

We're not coldhearted, we're honest, and you can't handle that honesty.

YOU are the coldhearted one with the position that its okay for the men to die for their country, but the women shouldn't want to OR to do it if it comes to that.

One would think YOU are the stereotype of a lesbian that "hates men" since you seem to think only the men are the expendible ones.

Location hidden

#290523 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And your glass is half full. LOL
Posting the FACTS that life in the 50's was not as fanciful or perfect as you like to claim has nothing to do with the view that the glass is half full TODAY over how you and your idiot friend Gtown views life.

Are you claiming there was no illness, no disease, no abuse, no joblessness, no pain, heartbreak, suffering in the 50's?

Do you think life was like you saw it on Leave It To Beaver?

@@
worships reality

United States

#290524 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 49, and had several friends who were being raised in single parent households.
Still, that doesn't address your comment that two parent households were "mostly positive". Because that's bull.
I had a great childhood, and my parents were married for almost 60 years when my mother died. But, again, I'm not stupid enough to think my experience was everyone's experience, or even "most" everyone.
don't underestimate yourself. you are more than stupid enough.

Location hidden

#290525 Mar 26, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
no she's not.
That's right Knutbar, YOU are dumb as dirt. SHE'S as dumb as a stump.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290526 Mar 26, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
no she's not.
Of course she is.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290527 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And most SANE parents, NOT just mothers, dont want EITHER child to go to the middle east to fight in a war. "Sane" mothers didn't want their children doing it during ANY war.
<quoted text>
ONLY 19000? There are over 1,426,713 people in the active military. There were over 683,000 sexual assults on women alone last year. That doesn't count the men assulted.
What does that have to do with anything?
You DO know women have been in the military for decades now [email protected]@
<quoted text>
You'd get used to the women fighting as well, just like everyone would.
If the women doing the fighting are okay with it, who are you to disagree? Its not like anybody that matters actually gives a shit what you think.
Nobody's talking about FORCING women to fight. There hasn't been a draft since Nam. Its a volunteer military today.
AGAIN, you sound like you're saying the men are expendable but the women aren't.
Apparently she feels the draft is a foregone conclusion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290528 Mar 26, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
don't underestimate yourself. you are more than stupid enough.
Not for that. And no matter what, I'm smarter than the two of you....put together.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290529 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignored this point earlier today.
No, when it comes to opinion, we don't "need to make sure we're right".
Your religious beliefs are irrelevant to anyone who doesn't share them. So are mine. It's personal.
Every PCer here has been clear that they support choice. There is no "secret" here.
Not one PCer here has ever suggested that doctors should be made to perform elective abortions. Not one. When you have to lie this way, you've already lost the argument, you know.
You're right, you can't legislate morality. However, this statement coming from you contradicts other things you have said. And legislating morality is what the vast majority of anti-choicers are attempting to do in this case.
Given that nearly two-thirds of the country, including some who consider themselves "pro-life" think RvW should be upheld, I'd say it would still be legal if put to the vote. Still, the right to make one's own choice about one's own pregnancy is part of the civil right we all have to privacy, based upon the civil right of all citizens to "life, liberty and property". And that is not up for popular vote. The same reasoning that prevents us from owning a person's body also applies to a woman's uterus. Period.
There may very well be absolutes, but no one on earth knows them. You may have personal absolutes, and act according to them. You don't get to impose them on others. Your right to swing your fist ends at my face.
Your beliefs about what any god may or may not think, and about the need for a savior, is irrelevant to others. No one is obligated to live according to your personal beliefs.
"Not one PCer here has ever suggested that doctors should be made to perform elective abortions. Not one."

I think that you are wrong about this. Some time ago there was a thread about pharmacists that refused to fill BC prescriptions, within that conversation we discussed OB/GYNs and their role in elective abortions. Several pro"choicers", as I recall, felt that if the OB/GYN wouldn't perform elective abortions then they should find another line of work. We also discussed residents being required to perfom elective abortions as part of their training.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290530 Mar 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not one PCer here has ever suggested that doctors should be made to perform elective abortions. Not one."
I think that you are wrong about this. Some time ago there was a thread about pharmacists that refused to fill BC prescriptions, within that conversation we discussed OB/GYNs and their role in elective abortions. Several pro"choicers", as I recall, felt that if the OB/GYN wouldn't perform elective abortions then they should find another line of work. We also discussed residents being required to perfom elective abortions as part of their training.
I believe you're remembering incorrectly. I remember people saying that about emergency situations, not elective abortions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min My New Alias RULES 1,658,585
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
News Manchester Police Create LGBTQ Liaison 48 min How the West Was ... 12
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Strong Black Man 21,293
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu Eric 72,044
News Ganim's campaign pays city for mileage, not driver Dec 11 BPT 7
News DCF Supervisor Charged With ATM Theft (Apr '09) Dec 9 Fredman 244

Newington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newington Mortgages