Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310006 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#285525 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, he doesn't really mean "warning". What he really expects you to do is constantly nag at us to believe as you do. Or rather, as he does.
Yep.

One of the reasons I think it's Big Sky is he hasn't taken his preaching to another thread. He says he wants everyone to hear his "testimony". He thinks he's doing God's work. Well, he's gone as far as he's gonna go on this thread. Time to move on, wouldn't you think?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285526 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
He barely has a working knowledge of ENGLISH, you want the idiot to take it back to HEBREW?? ROFLMAO I love you STO, you silly optimist you! <<grin>>
lol

They say there's hope for everyone!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#285527 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Formaldehyde isn't used in hospital settings. J worked at Maryland General as microbiologist, and told me that it would have never been used at a nursing level for ANY reason.
Medical personnel aren't trained in the handling of formaldehyde, because the only time we are exposed to its use is in A&P lab. I wish Sappho would just admit that she made her story up.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285529 Feb 21, 2013
Lately I've been getting the "Be Polite" warning for posts with no bad words, etc. Like this last one, above, to Foo.

??

Atrisco Village

#285530 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not something you should brag about.
But how do you feel about the 5 New Jersey judges who unanimously ruled that it's perfectly legal if a woman ingests narcotics or street drugs even 48 hours before delivering a full-term baby?
Are we numb at this point that life exists in theo womb 48 hours before delivering it?
It's been said that the measure of a civilization is how it treats its weakest members.
The unborn are the most vulnerable.
One can't be prosecuted for having drugs in one's system, only for possession or sales.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285531 Feb 21, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way the tax payers are going to foot the bill for private school.
PreK --$19,750.00
9-12--$30,26000
Everyone would choose private school. It's not going to happen.
Yes, I know people are taxed even though their kids go to private school.
What do you think the taxpayers pay for a child in public school?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/06/21/155...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285532 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in reaping what you've sown? Karma? What goes around, comes around?
Once you stop respecting human life in any phase of development, it could be just a matter of time when your life will seem irrelevant.
Once you decide one group of citizens isn't deserving of civil rights, it could be just a matter of time before you lose yours, too.

Atrisco Village

#285533 Feb 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise: "Why would you think we have to "cope" with abortion, when there's nothing wrong with it?"
It is abnormal for a mother to intentionally kill her own baby in utero.
Only a mother who lacks a conscience (sociopath) could go on unremorsef or regret-free for dismembering, squishing the beating heart, & crushing the skull of her preborn baby girl or boy.
I guess we know what you are.
Gosh, just think of all the millions of "sociopaths" roaming the earth freely. They're teaching your kids, tending to your medical needs, protecting your community, wearing American uniform, etc. Oh, the horror! Lol
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285534 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Formaldehyde isn't used in hospital settings. J worked at Maryland General as microbiologist, and told me that it would have never been used at a nursing level for ANY reason.
It was in the '70s and '80s for renal dialysis. It was the early '90s when my mom became a home-health nurse because patients could run in the comforts of their own homes. But twenty years prior, patients ran 3 times a week, 8hrs at a pop in a hospital setting. Don't take my word for it. Here's an old CDC article from the mid-'80s.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/0000...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285535 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes birth control can fail, but we don't have a problem with birth control failure, we have a problem with folks wanting to condone bad behavior, becouse we know that 3000 + abortions a day, are NOT due to bc failure, nor rape or incest. They are due to people living risky lifestyles, and want everyone to not only be ok with it, but help fund the ridding of their consiquences.
Tax payers pay for birth control, plus many other services, including a ride to and from doctors office, for those who need it, plus abortions regaurdless of how many times they say no.
Do you really think pro lifer's can trust people who make their living off of killing the unborn, to be honest with our money?
Why don't we just start paying for the motel rooms and party goods they use?
Do you have a problem with taxes going to prenatal care and WIC and hospital services to deliver and all the other services that come after?

The same kinds of people who party and practice all the "bad behavior" you don't condone are the people who choose to carry to term.

Abortion would be a lot cheaper for the taxpayer, wouldn't it? Why aren't you bitching about the women who carry to term and can't afford it out of pocket or have no insurance?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285538 Feb 21, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. False.
Contraceptive Use
54% of women having abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use. There is no contraceptive method that can prevent pregnancy 100% of the time.
46% percent of women who have abortion had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.
8% of women who have abortion have never used a method of birth control; non-use is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.
About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.
http://www.womenscenter.com/abortion_stats.ht...
2. Why aren't more woman using the MAP?
3. Unless it is a case of rape the woman is just as responsible for the pregnancy as the man.
All good reasons for education and cheap or free bc.

As you know, Sue, a lot of folks on the AC side think teaching how to avoid pregnancy and STDS causes more unintended pregnancy and STDs. So, they are staunchly against education. I know you're not one of them, but just in the last few weeks at least one AC poster on this thread has said as much.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285539 Feb 21, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>'bout time.
Ok. If you say so :)

Atrisco Village

#285540 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> WHy shouldn't anyone brag about protesting the lies of your kind?
<quoted text>
You're a lying sack of shit. THey did NOT say that. THey said its not evidence, IN AND OF ITSELF wasn't evidence of abuse or neglect.
They said NOTHING about it being illegal OR legal.
STOP LYING already.
YOu're making yourself look like an even BIGGER idiot that you already are.
I was administered morphine while I was in labor. Opiod use in pregnancy is not necessarily indicative of fetal abuse.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285541 Feb 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie received her right to have a chance at life. Now she's trying to deny others their right to life.
Definition of a prudish, self-centered, narcissistic sociopath.
Zero empathy or concern for others....none.......
All you have are lies and nonsense. A big fat nothing. Let me know when you're capable of providing an accurate description of me and my motives.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285542 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
Lately I've been getting the "Be Polite" warning for posts with no bad words, etc. Like this last one, above, to Foo.
??
That's what was happening last weekend to LNM and me. There were a bunch of posts pulled and I took the time to list them so people on both sides could see if any belonged to them. Have no clue if anyone bothered, though.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285543 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I was administered morphine while I was in labor. Opiod use in pregnancy is not necessarily indicative of fetal abuse.
My sister was given morphine and vicodin (I think) while in labor, and sent home because she wasn't dilated enough. As soon as her husband got her home, she began to bleed. He called an ambulance. They barely got to the hospital in time. She almost gave birth in the elevator. The baby came into the world high as a kite.

Needless to say, my female relatives were not very impressed with the Dr. One, who works at a hospital, said they wouldn't have handled it that way. They would't have sent my sister home.

Contractions 2 min. apart and dilation not to the Dr.'s preference. I dunno. I'd think you'd want to keep the patient at the hospital just for caution's sake. But, hey, I'm not an MD.
Gtown71

United States

#285544 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a problem with taxes going to prenatal care and WIC and hospital services to deliver and all the other services that come after?
The same kinds of people who party and practice all the "bad behavior" you don't condone are the people who choose to carry to term.
Abortion would be a lot cheaper for the taxpayer, wouldn't it? Why aren't you bitching about the women who carry to term and can't afford it out of pocket or have no insurance?
You bring up a very good point. I did taxes once for the public, and it is amazing when you tell someone that they are going to recieve a refund of 5-7 thousand dollars!!! And they either say, that sounds about right, or is that all??? When they only made 13,500 for the entire year! Only payed in 400 bucks, if that!!! So sure I could grip, it is nothing more then a way for democrats to buy votes.

My entire point sto, is if the government "AS LARGE AS IT IS "would stop trying to take money from people and distribute it to whom they say should have it, then this country would be much better. So would the people.

When we give away birth control, like they are trying to get passed now, with no co pays for birth control, and we legalize abortions, or give earned income credit to those who have them and can't afford them, we ser ourselves up for failure.

If people are held accountable for their own actions, then things would really slow down, and women would either wait till married, or make sure all measures are taken to prevent pregnancy.

I did one ladies taxes, and she got back 7000 bucks, which was over half of what she made. She had only payed in.300 bucks to the system. This is what the gov does with taxpayers money.

The only good thing about it, is how most people who qualify for eic will blow it all at wal mart, or a 3000 car.

I'm not against helping out folks, but this is not helping, it is enabling them.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285547 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up a very good point. I did taxes once for the public, and it is amazing when you tell someone that they are going to recieve a refund of 5-7 thousand dollars!!! And they either say, that sounds about right, or is that all??? When they only made 13,500 for the entire year! Only payed in 400 bucks, if that!!! So sure I could grip, it is nothing more then a way for democrats to buy votes.
My entire point sto, is if the government "AS LARGE AS IT IS "would stop trying to take money from people and distribute it to whom they say should have it, then this country would be much better. So would the people.
When we give away birth control, like they are trying to get passed now, with no co pays for birth control, and we legalize abortions, or give earned income credit to those who have them and can't afford them, we ser ourselves up for failure.
If people are held accountable for their own actions, then things would really slow down, and women would either wait till married, or make sure all measures are taken to prevent pregnancy.
I did one ladies taxes, and she got back 7000 bucks, which was over half of what she made. She had only payed in.300 bucks to the system. This is what the gov does with taxpayers money.
The only good thing about it, is how most people who qualify for eic will blow it all at wal mart, or a 3000 car.
I'm not against helping out folks, but this is not helping, it is enabling them.
Not all states are as generous as CA.

Would you seriously vote against funding prenatal care and WIC and hospital services to those who choose to carry to term?

I wouldn't. They can have my tax dollars. The alternative would be devastating. You'd have women carrying to term with no prenatal care! That's crazy talk.

Atrisco Village

#285548 Feb 21, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister was given morphine and vicodin (I think) while in labor, and sent home because she wasn't dilated enough. As soon as her husband got her home, she began to bleed. He called an ambulance. They barely got to the hospital in time. She almost gave birth in the elevator. The baby came into the world high bas a kite.
Needless to say, my female relatives were not very impressed with the Dr. One, who works at a hospital, said they wouldn't have handled it that way. They would't have sent my sister home.
Contractions 2 min. apart and dilation not to the Dr.'s preference. I dunno. I'd think you'd want to keep the patient at the hospital just for caution's sake. But, hey, I'm not an MD.
Doesn't sound good.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285549 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what was happening last weekend to LNM and me. There were a bunch of posts pulled and I took the time to list them so people on both sides could see if any belonged to them. Have no clue if anyone bothered, though.
Well, ya know Katie, I do drop the F-bomb now and then. But I don't get flagged for those posts. It's always the benign ones. Go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,236,555
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min IB DaMann 53,607
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ratloder 70,045
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr femiguy 19,945
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Mon Jermaine Shivers 42
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Mon Mike BOGUSlawski 39
News Police say Conn. pastor's shooting may be linke... May 28 Reverend Alan 12
More from around the web

Newington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]