Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311907 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#277985 Jan 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds.
this is for ALL you rubes.........

Thank God for the NRA. Thank God for our Second Amendment. God protect us from people like you folks who obviously have not paid attention to history, and appear to be incapable of logical, rational thought. Please consider the statistics regarding crime rates in well-armed communities (like Kennesaw GA) versus that in places where gun control is tighter (like CHICAGO). And of course, please remember the common sense fact that criminals are always going to be armed to the teeth, whether the law-abiding citizens are allowed means of self defense or not. Now that drugs are so common, do you think it more likely that we could just be nice and the other guy will rape or rob us politely? And lastly, I'm highly insulted when people (the president, celebs, etc) who employ armed security personnel tell me my life is not worth the same defense, and that I'm not competent to behave appropriately with the same firearms..........BS!

thank you, rant done
STO

Vallejo, CA

#277986 Jan 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly, I really dont mean to mean to offend anyone OTHER than the exact people HERE that I'm offending.
Every Christian on this board, SHOULD be offended by what they proport to represent. Hell, every person of ANY faith should be offended.
How is it that literally BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of people for hundreds of thousands of years have been able to come TOGHETHER DESPITE their faiths on all kinds of issues big and small, for the greater good.
Their extremist view would legislate ONE VERSION of "faith's" religous dogma, and literally to HELL with anyone that doesn't agree with them. Women would be relegated to little more than the biblical state of chattel (and they're too dirt STUPID to understand that), and these yahoo's would be fine with that.
Oh, and along the way, they'd like to take ANY right of medical choice away from people that has to do with end of life issues. And while we're at it, lets invade people's bedrooms, and their MARRIAGE beds too.
Bunch of phony fundi extremist idiots is ALL they are.
They wouldn't like if the shoe was on the other foot -- if I told them they were evil and Satan possessed for practicing transubstantiation, for worshiping Mary, for teaching that a mortal man is infallible, for bowing to idols and praying to saints, THEN threatened to outlaw those beliefs, making it illegal to practice their religious rituals.

Look at sjm, right now, lecturing me for not responding to you the way she wants. She's attacking my faith, but apparently it's okay when she does it.


Chick Brilliance Returns

United States

#277987 Jan 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! If a person wants to kill with a gun, they will, if it's legal or not. History proves it!:)
Oh you are one of these people that thinks pointing a gun in a persons face and pulling the trigger, or mowing them down with automatic weapon fire is the same things as a woman making a choice to terminate her OWN pregnancy through a legal medical procedure, is the same thing? Really?
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#277988 Jan 18, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to "defend" my faith. My faith is solid. I don't care what non-believers think of it. I'm more concerned with how other believers represent it.
You mock God by claiming to be Christian ( which means CHRIST FOLLOWER) when you support and advocate killing whom God willed to exist and then created.

You don't represent anything regarding your "faith".

You won't spread Gods love and forgiveness for those who NEED him. How else do these non-believers get told? People need to HEAR the truth but you don't speak it or live it. You read the bible. You believe in God. So what? Lucifer knew and believed in God too.

You're concerned about "how others represent it" yet, you told that other poster earlier that you didn't have TIME to worry about what others were "not " doing because youa were worried about what you were ( or something to that affect). That is why I laughed at you remember asking me what was so funny about it?;You just proved whatso funny.
Chick Brilliance Returns

United States

#277990 Jan 18, 2013
oops, lets try that again.^^

Oh you are one of these people that thinks pointing a gun in a persons face and pulling the trigger, or mowing them down with automatic weapon fire is the same thing as a woman making a choice to terminate her OWN pregnancy through a legal medical procedure? Really?

Thats better.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#277991 Jan 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
A few of us have shown you idiot. Read back a page or two. Stop being so lazy.
But we can fix this RIGHT NOW without all this back and forth bullshit.
YOU claim the Jewish G-d and YOUR g-d is the same.
Correct?
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR jesus IS g-d, then YOU ARE WRONG. Period. End of subject.
<quoted text>
WHile you're paging back, LOOK Skankdawg. Pretty much EVERY post I make to your kind, I almost ALWAYS say "your version of faith".
Damn child you want EVERYTHING spoon fed to you, for you to then ignore.


Third time.....

Where is the post where I claimed that Jesus wasn't God like you claimed?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#277992 Jan 18, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
They are beautiful, brilliant and happy, all three. He is that age tho. Couldn't wait to get my hands on him after it happened. I nanny for a Newtown first grader and got all the automated calls on my phone. I was off that day and it was pure panic until I knew what school it was. Then it was just devastation. Now there are police from other towns standing guard at the schools every day.
My daughter and hubby just bought their first home and he just landed a better job. No worries, there.:-)
Bet you wrapped him up in your arms and held on tight :)

Can barely imagine the horror you've seen there, Chicky. It was terrible hearing and reading about it. You're so close, I'd think it'd magnify the feelings of worst nightmare unfolding right before your eyes.

I hope everyone affected by that horrific event is able to find some semblance of peace, strength, and healing.

It's wonderful news about your dd and her dh. Congrats to them and their new home.
xoxoxo

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#277993 Jan 18, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

We read what you /y'all write and think the same thing :)
The difference is, your opinions are meaningless at the end of the day. Abortion is a safe and legal medical CHOICE for women to make, and your kind can NEVER take that away from anyone, no matter WHAT you try to do. Unless you're going to suggest chaining women up for their gestation periods.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#277994 Jan 18, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
oops, lets try that again.^^
Oh you are one of these people that thinks pointing a gun in a persons face and pulling the trigger, or mowing them down with automatic weapon fire is the same thing as a woman making a choice to terminate her OWN pregnancy through a legal medical procedure? Really?
Thats better.
Anyone who isn't full of shit, knows that to be a fact.

How are you sweet thing?

Tell us more about how some bad bad man killed innocent little humans.

Come on proabort who supports killing innocent little humans as CHOICE, tell us how HORRIFIED you were to hear this awful news.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#277995 Jan 18, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly, I really dont mean to mean to offend anyone OTHER than the exact people HERE that I'm offending.
Every Christian on this board, SHOULD be offended by what they proport to represent. Hell, every person of ANY faith should be offended.
How is it that literally BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of people for hundreds of thousands of years have been able to come TOGHETHER DESPITE their faiths on all kinds of issues big and small, for the greater good.
Their extremist view would legislate ONE VERSION of "faith's" religous dogma, and literally to HELL with anyone that doesn't agree with them. Women would be relegated to little more than the biblical state of chattel (and they're too dirt STUPID to understand that), and these yahoo's would be fine with that.
Oh, and along the way, they'd like to take ANY right of medical choice away from people that has to do with end of life issues. And while we're at it, lets invade people's bedrooms, and their MARRIAGE beds too.
Bunch of phony fundi extremist idiots is ALL they are.
Yet proclaiming they are for smaller government. Talk of personal responsibility. While at the same time granting that same government the ability and right to intrude into people personal medical decisions. I do not who they think they are kidding us or themselves.
Chick Brilliance Returns

United States

#277997 Jan 18, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
this is for ALL you rubes.........
Thank God for the NRA. Thank God for our Second Amendment. God protect us from people like you folks who obviously have not paid attention to history, and appear to be incapable of logical, rational thought. Please consider the statistics regarding crime rates in well-armed communities (like Kennesaw GA) versus that in places where gun control is tighter (like CHICAGO). And of course, please remember the common sense fact that criminals are always going to be armed to the teeth, whether the law-abiding citizens are allowed means of self defense or not. Now that drugs are so common, do you think it more likely that we could just be nice and the other guy will rape or rob us politely? And lastly, I'm highly insulted when people (the president, celebs, etc) who employ armed security personnel tell me my life is not worth the same defense, and that I'm not competent to behave appropriately with the same firearms..........BS!
thank you, rant done
Enjoy your red herrings and incorrect statistics. You must be under the impression that you have a right that does not exist.

Well you enjoy your silly whine while the rest of us make sure nuts like you no longer have access to semi automatic weapons, large capacity clips, and have to undergo vigorous background checks, mental health screenings and other regulation of your killing implements.

You are not worth the same security as the president of the US, or celebrities that have to PAY for their own security. How stupid are you? Have you ever wondered about the security of all the other presidents or just since the NRA started spoon feeding you that line? Idiot.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#277998 Jan 18, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> If your wife and daughter were in a religion where they worshipped this "Greek God of war" would you think that mocking and attacking its so called beliefs, would fly because *you* don't believe?
Do you even understand what bigotry is?
STO, you are afraid to defend your faith. You're scared to stand up to your proabort friends.
STO is intelligent enough to understand you're not PART of any "faith" that anyone intelligent is a part of.

You're NOT a Christian Skankdawg. You're no better than Fred Phelps. That freak claims to believe in jesus too, and you're NO better than that idiot.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#277996 Jan 18, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
oops, lets try that again.^^
Oh you are one of these people that thinks pointing a gun in a persons face and pulling the trigger, or mowing them down with automatic weapon fire is the same thing as a woman making a choice to terminate her OWN pregnancy through a legal medical procedure? Really?
Thats better.


OMG! Those AH fundies most definitely compared the Newtown tragedy to women's civil rights.

(and I was gonna mention maybe it's not a good idea to scroll back for a while, but I can see you might just wanna see the fknbullsh*t for yourself)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#277999 Jan 18, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You mocked Christ using Josephs d@#k to impregnate a virgin Mary.
Hellooo? Where is that mocking *me* and not Christ?
Manipulation queen.
Helloooooo? I dont believe in your christ Skankdawg. ESPECIALLY not your VERSION of it.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#278000 Jan 18, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You mock God by claiming to be Christian ( which means CHRIST FOLLOWER) when you support and advocate killing whom God willed to exist and then created.
You don't represent anything regarding your "faith".
You won't spread Gods love and forgiveness for those who NEED him. How else do these non-believers get told? People need to HEAR the truth but you don't speak it or live it. You read the bible. You believe in God. So what? Lucifer knew and believed in God too.
You're concerned about "how others represent it" yet, you told that other poster earlier that you didn't have TIME to worry about what others were "not " doing because youa were worried about what you were ( or something to that affect). That is why I laughed at you remember asking me what was so funny about it?;You just proved whatso funny.
Okay, so we're back to "STO is evil and Satan possessed." Alrighty, then.

Ya know, sjm, you're so busy telling people (whatever), you can't hear.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#278002 Jan 18, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you condoned the murder of Dr. Tiller.
Sounds like you take yourself to be judge and jury of what's "evil".
I support women using their free will, given by God, according to you. You cannot tell me without a doubt God did not will abortion. Not when there are medicinal plants available for that purpose.
Sorry Charlie.
Already explained that I don't condone killing.

You "support women and men using their free will, given by God" to kill Tiller then I suppose too? No? Why?

Oh, i get it, YOU have to approve of others "God given free will" first right? And in Tillers killers case, it's a NO.

Tiller can kill but Tillers killer can't (his killing was EVIL)

@@

You're like a comedy show gone bad.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#278001 Jan 18, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to "defend" my faith. My faith is solid. I don't care what non-believers think of it. I'm more concerned with how other believers represent it.
Exactly!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#278003 Jan 18, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Are you freakin high? Uh no....we were talking about our CREATOR when I replied to your comment about people leaving churches bc of fake Christians. YOU then replied that Jesus isnt your creator. I never said that he was so that was stupid for you to bring Jesus up. GOD is the creator is what I said. Whether or not you accept Jesus as the son of God (part of the Holy Trinity);or not has NOTHING to do with both Jews and Christians having the same God.
Again....
God the father (the creator)
God the son (our savior)
God the Holy Spirit
Again you MORON.

You think jesus is g-d.

Jews believe that jesus is NOTHING.

Less than nothing really, he doesn't even warrant mention in our faith.

Talk about BIGOTRY? You're the biggest bigot here, trying to force your version of g-d on an ENTIRE FAITH.

Lets be clear once more Skank -

IF YOU CLAIM YOU BELIEVE IN jesus AS g-d, then you do NOT believe in the same G-d as the Jewish faith.

Period. Nothing more to be said.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#278004 Jan 18, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
What gun laws? He had his mothers legally purchased guns that he was legally trained to use.
You do not have a right to a semi-automatic gun. Where does that right exist? Where do you have a right to high capacity clips?
Where is your evidence that gun control laws do not reduce gun violence?
Where is your evidence that gun control does reduce gun violence?

How ironic that such a hardcore proabort thinks we should lose our rights.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#278005 Jan 18, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your red herrings and incorrect statistics. You must be under the impression that you have a right that does not exist.
Well you enjoy your silly whine while the rest of us make sure nuts like you no longer have access to semi automatic weapons, large capacity clips, and have to undergo vigorous background checks, mental health screenings and other regulation of your killing implements.
You are not worth the same security as the president of the US, or celebrities that have to PAY for their own security. How stupid are you? Have you ever wondered about the security of all the other presidents or just since the NRA started spoon feeding you that line? Idiot.
"You must be under the impression that you have a right that does not exist." - i dont have the right to own & use a gun? WRONG

"nuts like you no longer have access to semi automatic weapons" - well now thats exaclty the original reason for the 2nd Amendment, so "nuts" lik YOU cannot simply claim i'm a nut for wanting to DEFEND MYSELF & MY FAMILY (oh no, how dare i!) & in turn STEAL my right to self defense!.........

"that have to PAY for their own security." - of course, if they pay FOR security guards specifically....but why shuldnt i be able to be armed to defend myself if all i can afford is a gun? why shouldnt MY kids have an armed guard at their schools? are they not worth protecting in that way? police stations have them........government buildings have them.........so only the government & rich people should be able to protect themselves? uhuh

"large capacity clips," - so im more likely to shoot up a school or church if i have MORE BULLETS? are you not aware that there's not ONE bit of difference b/t me firing 20 rounds from a clip & fireing TWO 10 round clips? didnt think about that did you? of course not......

"regulation of your killing implements." - KILLING IMPLEMENTS? so you're fine with the police having KILILNG IMPLIMENTS, your faithful President Obama having KILLING impliments to protect HIMself & HIS wife & HIS kids.......... you whiny little hypocrite........you're one of those men who would rather cry "rape" & be submissive than fight back, correct? wouldnt dare use one of those dirty "KILLING IMPLIMENTS"....

explain exactly what makes me a "nut"? the desire to stay alive, to feel safe, to defend myself when the time comes & it often does........? explain...cant do it, can you? IDIOT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min VetnorsGate 1,433,289
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Dwight Frye 20,634
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr iamheaven18 61,510
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Ize Found 71,058
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039
Review: Floors Now (Aug '11) Jul '16 Mrs Iacobucci 3
Review: Cote's Landscaping & Lawn Service LLC. May '16 jhovs10 1

Newington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Newington Mortgages