Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
258,021 - 258,040 of 305,430 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. By sending them home with life-like babydolls this may actually encourage them to keep and raise a baby if they were to have one. So, I'm not against this.
Isn't there a doll that cries periodically, pees and is life like; that some schools use in certain Home Ecs. classes?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're babbling again. She advocating that they think twice BEFORE having sex, and you idiots are arguing with her about it.
Tell me, if warning teenaged girls about the hardships of being a teenaged mother is so bad, why aren't you out protesting at schools that send teenaged girls home with the life-like babydolls designed to teach them the very same thing?
I just realized you made a post about those dolls I asked about in previous question.

Actually, the programs are teaching them about RESPONSIBILITY should they get pregnant, and if they can not handle such a responsibility, they should abstain from having sex at all.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. By sending them home with life-like babydolls this may actually encourage them to keep and raise a baby if they were to have one. So, I'm not against this.
I think those programs are good, but what's being taught isn't what Bitner claims; that it teaches them "the hardships". No, the lesson is more positive and it's about teaching them the kind of (responsibilities) having a baby requires.

Ocean is coming from the direction of trying to teach through negative, by trying to show the "hardships" of parenting. Teaching responsibility is the positive way of showing teens sex comes with RESPONSIBILITY. Which includes a responsibility to either not have sex or do everything that's necessary to prevent pregnancy. Something millions upon millions of people are succeeding at every year. Why are some succeeding at preventing pregnancy while others are needing abortions because they didn't? Key thing taught those who succeed at it: RESPONSIBILITY.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a failed experiment. The teen brain is wired uniquely.
http://center4research.org/medical-care-for-a...
As we all know by now, discouraging teens from sexual experimentation and suffering likely consequences, benefits society. Now how best to get that message across? Abortion is drastic, permanent, and imo should be avoided when possible.
That's interesting.

So it was based on a negative reinforcement of what parenting was and proved that teaching what's NEGATIVE doesn't work to promote a POSITIVE outcome.

Gee, what a surprise.

Teaching negatives will never result in a positive outcome.

PCers here have A LOT to learn about what to teach and how.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Ocean's post are useless except to make teen girls fear motherhood at any point in their lives.
I've seen grown women afraid to have kids due to fearing childbirth, because of idiots who instilled in their minds as teens that women DIE in childbirth.
The hardships listed without the balance of the joys listed is irresponsible. But, leave it to pro-choicer boneheads to just teach doom and gloom, so that if pregnancy happened, by golly there's always ABORTION to avoid those "hardships".
You're all dimwits.
She's listing just the hardships because so many on your side want to pretend there is ONLY joy.

This isn't about abortion, but abstaining from sex. How can there be an abortion if there isn't a pregnancy, Moron?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are also clueless about how teenaged girls think. As well as the program I spoke of, which does just that. And the fact that there are high schools that run daycare, with the students taking care of the kids under the teacher's supervision.
Again, this is not about abortion, but giving the girls a reason to abstain from having sex at all. This is a GOOD thing. Something Ocean has been promoting, and you, idiot that you are, keeps arguing with her about it.
No,Ocean has only been "promoting" negativity about prenthood, and that's all.

You don't get a positive from a negative, nit wit.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I just realized you made a post about those dolls I asked about in previous question.
Actually, the programs are teaching them about RESPONSIBILITY should they get pregnant, and if they can not handle such a responsibility, they should abstain from having sex at all.
Wrong, the program is to teach them how hard it is, so that they will think twice before risking pregnancy.

And Ocean's point all this time has BEEN for them to abstain from having sex at all, you flipping Idiot.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting.
So it was based on a negative reinforcement of what parenting was and proved that teaching what's NEGATIVE doesn't work to promote a POSITIVE outcome.
Gee, what a surprise.
Teaching negatives will never result in a positive outcome.
PCers here have A LOT to learn about what to teach and how.
No one claimed the dolls worked.

Still, you were wrong, weren't you?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so f*cking clueless, it's not even funny.
So, in your narrow little world there are only two choices, sweaty and dirty, or wearing sexy clothes?
You haven't got the sense the Gods gave a doorknob.
The clueless one is you, the idiot who can't read for comprehension.

He's just saying that when people flirt with each other, usually they put on their best "face", as it were. Not usually done when smelly and shitty looking.

Get a freakin' clue how to understand what you're reading. Your stupidity and ignorant self-righteous indignation about something someone has NOT said is embarrassing to watch.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No,Ocean has only been "promoting" negativity about prenthood, and that's all.
You don't get a positive from a negative, nit wit.
No, she's been doing exactly what I said. Just like the school program with the dolls was exactly what I said it was.

And yes, if it makes a teen think twice, and decide not to have sex until they're older, it will be a positive from a negative.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The clueless one is you, the idiot who can't read for comprehension.
He's just saying that when people flirt with each other, usually they put on their best "face", as it were. Not usually done when smelly and shitty looking.
Get a freakin' clue how to understand what you're reading. Your stupidity and ignorant self-righteous indignation about something someone has NOT said is embarrassing to watch.
No, Moron, that's not what he was saying.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She's listing just the hardships because so many on your side want to pretend there is ONLY joy.
This isn't about abortion, but abstaining from sex. How can there be an abortion if there isn't a pregnancy, Moron?
You fool. That's what I've promoted here since being here; preventing pregnancy. It's your side that claims it can't be done all the time, when millions of people succeeding at it prove you wrong.

No one claims parenthood is "only" joy. Those claims are being made because of idiots like those on your side claiming that KILLING your unborn child is the answer to everey damned hardship known to man, and every damned problem in the world.

No, Ocean's posts are a stupid result of what began in the posts of the pro-choicers.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No one claimed the dolls worked.
Still, you were wrong, weren't you?
Only wrong in thinking the program taught through positive, by teaching responsibility.

Not wrong in that teaching through negativity didn't work, dim wit.

Ocean's posts are based on the same negativity as the doll program was, and i already said teaching through negativity will never result in a positive outcome.

NOT WRONG, you were.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, she's been doing exactly what I said. Just like the school program with the dolls was exactly what I said it was.
And yes, if it makes a teen think twice, and decide not to have sex until they're older, it will be a positive from a negative.
The program with the dolls didn't work because of what reason? It was teaching the wrong message; how HARD it was to be a parent, just as Ocean's posts do. It resulted in the very opposite of what was intended. it resulted in negatives, the girls though being parents would be easier.

Promoting what's negative never results in a positive. Teaching responsibility, which is a positive, will result in a positive; they'll BE responsible.

It's a very simple formula of life that not one of you understands.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You fool. That's what I've promoted here since being here; preventing pregnancy. It's your side that claims it can't be done all the time, when millions of people succeeding at it prove you wrong.
No one claims parenthood is "only" joy. Those claims are being made because of idiots like those on your side claiming that KILLING your unborn child is the answer to everey damned hardship known to man, and every damned problem in the world.
No, Ocean's posts are a stupid result of what began in the posts of the pro-choicers.
This post is complete nonsense. Not one bit of it is true.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, he was saying that if women wear something "sexy" going out without their men to a store even, that men might flirt with them, where if she was sweaty and wearing baggy clothes after working out or something, the flirting by a man may not happen. This is probably true.

What I don't agree with is the part about the women flirting back. Women can dress sexy just to feel good for themselves, and that has nothing to do with wanting other men to flirt with them. It could even be that she's meeting her own husband for lunch or dinner after stopping to run errands.

I don't agree with what he's saying, but I understood what he was saying, even if he worded himself in a wrong way.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Only wrong in thinking the program taught through positive, by teaching responsibility.
Not wrong in that teaching through negativity didn't work, dim wit.
Ocean's posts are based on the same negativity as the doll program was, and i already said teaching through negativity will never result in a positive outcome.
NOT WRONG, you were.
You were wrong in saying it wasn't what I claimed. It was.

Yes, YOU were wrong. I said nothing about the efficiency of the program.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is complete nonsense. Not one bit of it is true.
LOL, right, because a proven liar and bonehead like you said so.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The program with the dolls didn't work because of what reason? It was teaching the wrong message; how HARD it was to be a parent, just as Ocean's posts do. It resulted in the very opposite of what was intended. it resulted in negatives, the girls though being parents would be easier.
Promoting what's negative never results in a positive. Teaching responsibility, which is a positive, will result in a positive; they'll BE responsible.
It's a very simple formula of life that not one of you understands.
Liar. That is not the reason it failed. Nothing in that article said, or implied, anything of the kind.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
IF a woman isn't happy at home and needs some male attention, she won't be looking for it all sweaty and in baggy pants. She WILL dress attractively and wear perfume. He's not wrong about that.

What I don't agree with is if he's saying it about any married woman, including the happily married ones. The happily married ones can dress sexy and not flirt back with any man who flirts with her.

Why are you so incapable of expressing that to him? Because you don't get what he's saying in the first place and got your panties in a wad about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Mugsy 1,099,103
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 min Aryan Barbarian 18,829
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 24 min JOEL 68,913
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 46,271
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr James 68,332
Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) 11 hr Confused 167
Life is beachy for local gay community at New L... Aug 25 IoanInPueblo 7
•••
•••
•••

Newington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••