Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 47,494
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#43666 Feb 18, 2014
Angry White Male wrote:
You liberal crazies are pathetic....lets say GW is
True....what do you propose? Outlaw coal and oil?
You have no feasible alternative...so shut the hell
Up.
actually there is plenty alternative, The reality is, our entire modern way of living, is totally reliant on fossil fuel. We , right now can not just give it up. But rather ween ourselves off it, until our infrastructure can handle change. As far as GW, ocean levels are rising, storms are becoming more violent and causing more damage, especially to coastal city's. We seen how fast a city like Atlanta can come to its knees unprepared, for even just a little snow and ice. If states like Texas and California, have a couple more yrs of drought, it could mean a large part of American Agriculture is no longer contributing, and the USA will have to look for other means.. Isn;t this why we have spent billions of tax payer $ on weather satellites and science.

Location hidden

#43667 Feb 18, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>John Kerry gives a serious debate?Your all a bunch of clowns and Kerry has took the place of mother earth Gore.
Hes a politician, not a scientist,not even a climatologist , why would I listen to anything he says. You Americans seem to have trouble, stepping outside your nationalistic bubble, and looking at our global situation.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#43668 Feb 18, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i don't want to pay more for an apple regardless of where they're grown.......and even if i did it wouldn't alter climate, now would it, son?
seems to me you just hate capitalism...... and love bigger and bigger government!!
lol
I don't hate capitalism, its given me all my toys. What I don't like is how it has been let evolve into something that now only benefits a small percentage of the population instead of the masses. Not only that in a way that is detrimental to our environment which we need to survive. That's why you can't think past pricing carbon meaning you paying extra for gas but ignore the huge benefits that everyone gains from it.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43669 Feb 18, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>has an experiment been conducted showing that reducing man made co2 emissions will result in less extreme weather or climate altering?
put up or shut up!!
LOL
I met you when you were a doctor saying smoking was good for me.

I've debated evolution with you; me holding the towering volume of research, you holding your Bible.

Now you're here, the devil's advocate, promoting ignorance and delaying action.

You're a traitor to your country and to your species.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#43671 Feb 18, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetically predictable projection, pops.
thanks for your admission you can't, son!!
Lol
I was rooting for you, too!!

You people have no fact. Just conjecture and unfounded opinions.

Funny thing...... No scientist on the face of my planet makes the claims and assertions you loons do.

Do you live in another world, son?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#43672 Feb 18, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
That's brian g's troll bait. What an unimaginative, third rate troll you are, pops.
really?!?!

Lol

Brian G seems to live rent free inside the lunatic alarmist brain!

Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment !!!

He's a pretty sharp realist and antagonist of warming loonies.

:-D

Peace!
Pat

Fullerton, CA

#43673 Feb 18, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> actually there is plenty alternative, The reality is, our entire modern way of living, is totally reliant on fossil fuel. We , right now can not just give it up. But rather ween ourselves off it, until our infrastructure can handle change. As far as GW, ocean levels are rising, storms are becoming more violent and causing more damage, especially to coastal city's. We seen how fast a city like Atlanta can come to its knees unprepared, for even just a little snow and ice. If states like Texas and California, have a couple more yrs of drought, it could mean a large part of American Agriculture is no longer contributing, and the USA will have to look for other means.. Isn;t this why we have spent billions of tax payer $ on weather satellites and science.
So YOU have no alternative. YOU are just going to sit and watch the world happen.

Exactly what are YOU doing? Aren't YOU doing your part?

Location hidden

#43674 Feb 18, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for your admission you can't, son!!
Lol
I was rooting for you, too!!
You people have no fact. Just conjecture and unfounded opinions.
Funny thing...... No scientist on the face of my planet makes the claims and assertions you loons do.
Do you live in another world, son?
Thats a fairly big assumption considering you refuse to look at the research. Nothing funny about ignorance, its not bliss, just irresponsible.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#43675 Feb 18, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Not the brightest bulb in the room are you. Capitalism is redundant, its peak died with Enron, your just to thick to see it.
an interrogative usually ends with a question mark, genius !!!

Capitalism is something you losers can't succeed in so you demonize it. Owe too much on your student loans and too lazy to take on the challenge of paying it back, son?!?!

People like you are quitters and blamers!!

Get out of the way! People like me and other non defeatists will save you from your imaginary doom and gloom.

Humanity has always pulled the losers and complainers down the path of progress. You, son, are no exception. Just shut up while others do the heavy lifting.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#43676 Feb 18, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate capitalism, its given me all my toys. What I don't like is how it has been let evolve into something that now only benefits a small percentage of the population instead of the masses. Not only that in a way that is detrimental to our environment which we need to survive. That's why you can't think past pricing carbon meaning you paying extra for gas but ignore the huge benefits that everyone gains from it.
all that is your misguided opinion. Care to back it up with some links. Show me where a capitalistic world has been bettered with another in human history ??? I'll wait!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#43677 Feb 18, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I met you when you were a doctor saying smoking was good for me.
I've debated evolution with you; me holding the towering volume of research, you holding your Bible.
Now you're here, the devil's advocate, promoting ignorance and delaying action.
You're a traitor to your country and to your species.
where did we meet? When?

Ahhhhh...... You're making shyt up again, right, mississippi magpie ?!?

Lol

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#43678 Feb 18, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> You've been given plenty of scientific data,from around the globe, it is your own laziness that hampers your ability to understand what GW is, and the effects it has. You reading some BS Christian science sponsored by Republican (big oil) interests, just does not qualify as a serious debate. Its almost pathetically sad..
are you speculating about what I read and believe....or are you Sniwden's new gay Russian BBF?

Location hidden

#43679 Feb 18, 2014
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So YOU have no alternative. YOU are just going to sit and watch the world happen.
Exactly what are YOU doing? Aren't YOU doing your part?
There is plenty to be done, things I do personally are a small part of a bigger picture. Besides the green things I do, I share information and knowledge on sites like this(mind you there used to be more diversity on Topix),I use the internet my friend, to speak anonymously ,to share knowledge that is attainable to us all, just words on a screen, not representative of any race, religion or sex, just a human being looking from the outside in. The pen is mightier than the sword,. Perhaps it will motivate some of the younger generation to look at different options. To give pause of the bigger picture. We don't need violence for change to occur, just understanding, and a common goal, for a better world for all of humanity. Not by the ideals or leadership of one man or political party, but a participation of all of us. The tools to do so, are right in front of you as well.Give a man a fish, he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish , and he feeds generations. Take care my friend , So long and thanks for all the fish.

Location hidden

#43680 Feb 18, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>an interrogative usually ends with a question mark, genius !!!
Capitalism is something you losers can't succeed in so you demonize it. Owe too much on your student loans and too lazy to take on the challenge of paying it back, son?!?!
People like you are quitters and blamers!!
Get out of the way! People like me and other non defeatists will save you from your imaginary doom and gloom.
Humanity has always pulled the losers and complainers down the path of progress. You, son, are no exception. Just shut up while others do the heavy lifting.
Well your a clueless monkey, I'm retired lol, I'm of the last generation that really got to enjoy capitalism at its finest ,lol. Its over my friend, apologies.Yous will never have the opportunity and equality we had back in the 70s. You will never attain a spot amongst the 1%, they just make you think you can. So you follow that yellow brick road to OZ, but you might not like what you find.

Location hidden

#43681 Feb 18, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>are you speculating about what I read and believe....or are you Sniwden's new gay Russian BBF?
You have already said you do not bother researching, know you are going off about some gay Russians, you got something you'd like to share with us. Its ok ,my friend, you don't have to be afraid to come out? I understand your resorting to personal digs is a sign of ,your inability to have an adult debate on global warming, but the facts are there if you want them,.The responsibility to be informed is that of your own choice., not mine. Take care good luck, So long and thanks for all the fish
Hey now

Fullerton, CA

#43682 Feb 18, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> There is plenty to be done, things I do personally are a small part of a bigger picture. Besides the green things I do, I share information and knowledge on sites like this(mind you there used to be more diversity on Topix),I use the internet my friend, to speak anonymously ,to share knowledge that is attainable to us all, just words on a screen, not representative of any race, religion or sex, just a human being looking from the outside in. The pen is mightier than the sword,. Perhaps it will motivate some of the younger generation to look at different options. To give pause of the bigger picture. We don't need violence for change to occur, just understanding, and a common goal, for a better world for all of humanity. Not by the ideals or leadership of one man or political party, but a participation of all of us. The tools to do so, are right in front of you as well.Give a man a fish, he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish , and he feeds generations. Take care my friend , So long and thanks for all the fish.
So you are teaching us to do like you do. Which is what exactly again?

How are you reducing the effects of global warming? A wind powered hard drive?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#43684 Feb 18, 2014
THAT white guy wrote:
<quoted text> If it were a real problem,this admistration would cover it up.
Then the best way to fix you ringers, is get Obama to say exactly that. It's not a problem, so we don't need to deal with it. Watch how Fox would suddenly find that it is a problem.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#43687 Feb 19, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> Your a rather clueless fellow. Ignorance is not bliss, and really inexcusable.
Thanks!
I love how you libbies, when presented with facts that contradict your rainbow fantasies, you claim the poster is ignorant.

I presented you with scientifically collected data that shoots your "sky is falling" in the foot.
Listen, I told you before, go after your grant money in the name of "climate shifting".

Maybe you ought to study physics if you want to hang out with the big boys, eh?

Thanks for entertaining us with your silly folly.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#43688 Feb 19, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> Thats a fairly big assumption considering you refuse to look at the research. Nothing funny about ignorance, its not bliss, just irresponsible.
Or, like you, you can choose to just ignore the evidence when presented, right?

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#43689 Feb 19, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> Thats a fairly big assumption considering you refuse to look at the research. Nothing funny about ignorance, its not bliss, just irresponsible.
who said i haven't looked at the research? you? if so, that's a mighty big assumption on your part, sparky. in fact, the research suggests you people are putting the cart before the mule, son!!

it does humor me to read your irresponsible ignorant posts, though!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min Frijoles 70,072
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min flack 1,126,132
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr Friv4games 306,257
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,646
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 13 hr rip dynce 45
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) Tue Jonah1 16,148
Newington Dating
Find my Match

Newington Jobs

Newington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newington News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Newington

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]