Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,341
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#38733 Sep 1, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Whitewasher go home!
Whitewasher?

You do know what means, don't you?

To conceal or gloss over (wrongdoing, for example).

Is that your new word de-jour? Do try to use it properly.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38734 Sep 1, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Whitewasher?
Awww a denier aka whitewasher whines again.

Have some cheese with the word, whitewasher!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38735 Sep 1, 2013
Copy/paste about Professor Dr Michael Mann:

A superior court judge in the District of Columbia thinks she knows better, last month using the “settled science” principle to side with Penn State University Professor Michael E. Mann in his defamation lawsuit against pundit Mark Steyn, National Review and the Competitive Enterprise Institute. Each had published material critical of Mr. Mann’s famous “hockey stick” graph that has been used to peddle global warming while hiding the recent decline in global temperatures. The criticism was the sort of speech that ought to be protected under the First Amendment, but Judge Natalia M. Greene doesn’t care, and the case continues next month.

Her interim ruling points out that a Penn State committee of global warming advocates agreed with Mr. Mann, and so did the Environmental Protection Agency. It’s settled, then.“Having been investigated by almost one dozen bodies due to accusations of fraud,” writes Judge Greene,“and none of those investigations having found [Mr. Mann‘s] work to be fraudulent, it must be concluded that the accusations are provably false.” Judge Greene’s chilling conclusion is that it can be a crime to label purveyors of global warming alarmism as charlatans.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38736 Sep 1, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Whitewasher?
How about you using proper language when you post?

Reword your post with correct English grammar. Then learn some French.

Adieu.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#38737 Sep 1, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Awww a denier aka whitewasher whines again.
Have some cheese with the word, whitewasher!
Once again, you're misusing the word.

And now whining?

Good little lemming. Enjoy the cliff.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#38738 Sep 1, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Judge Greene’s chilling conclusion is that it can be a crime to label purveyors of global warming alarmism as charlatans.
The Washington Times is looking for a lawsuit.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#38739 Sep 1, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>How about you using proper language when you post?
Reword your post with correct English grammar. Then learn some French.
Adieu.
Go parse some words on the freeway.

Good little lemming.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#38740 Sep 1, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Copy/paste about Professor Dr Michael Mann:
A superior court judge in the District of Columbia thinks she knows better, last month using the “settled science” principle to side with Penn State University Professor Michael E. Mann in his defamation lawsuit against pundit Mark Steyn, National Review and the Competitive Enterprise Institute. Each had published material critical of Mr. Mann’s famous “hockey stick” graph that has been used to peddle global warming while hiding the recent decline in global temperatures. The criticism was the sort of speech that ought to be protected under the First Amendment, but Judge Natalia M. Greene doesn’t care, and the case continues next month.
Her interim ruling points out that a Penn State committee of global warming advocates agreed with Mr. Mann, and so did the Environmental Protection Agency. It’s settled, then.“Having been investigated by almost one dozen bodies due to accusations of fraud,” writes Judge Greene,“and none of those investigations having found [Mr. Mann‘s] work to be fraudulent, it must be concluded that the accusations are provably false.” Judge Greene’s chilling conclusion is that it can be a crime to label purveyors of global warming alarmism as charlatans.
Read the comments on Judge Natalia M. Combs-Greene

http://www.jitesh.com/blog/2010/02/28/keeping...

"the green troll"

#38741 Sep 1, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
It truly amazes me that AGW scientists make claims that the sun has little impact on the climate.
AGW scientists claim that the sun has had little impact on the climate over the past few decades.

Based on a huge number of scientific studies that show the sun has little impact on the climate over the past few decades.

http://skepticalscience.com/solar-activity-su...

"the green troll"

#38742 Sep 1, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes it is....
According to News Service Bloomberg it is currently being discussed whether to mention the ongoing 15-year pause in global in the 5th Assessment Report“(AR 5) to be released in late September, or if perhaps it would be better to simply ignore it in order not to unnecessarily supply so-called ‘climate skeptics’ with ammunition.”
http://notrickszone.com/2013/09/01/die-welt-v...
Look at the source and it says nothing of the kind.

Deniers are liars.

"the green troll"

#38743 Sep 1, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey remember when you said climate has been stable for 11,000 years and posted a link to prove it? Remember when I copied and pasted from YOUR LINK showing the shortfalls of the study as stated by the AUTHOR of the study?
Remember where I proved you had not got the quote from the source but from a denier blog?

Remember when I said if you run to denier blogs for cut'n past counter arguments, you don't deserve a response?

You think you can't cut'n paste from denier blogs for hours a day and I'm obliged to spend time debunking every lame argument?

And you call that "debate"?

"the green troll"

#38744 Sep 1, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the comments on Judge Natalia M. Combs-Greene
http://www.jitesh.com/blog/2010/02/28/keeping...
In Windows, the My Recent Documents Start Menu item is useful and productive. It allows you to quickly open back up an item you were recently working with. Unfortunately, for some users (like me), it can get filled up with files you don’t want in there. In my case, it’s mostly media files (audio, video, pictures). If your application doesn’t stop the files from showing up there, then it can reduce the effectiveness of recent documents.
???????
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38745 Sep 2, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember where I proved you had not got the quote from the source but from a denier blog?
Remember when I said if you run to denier blogs for cut'n past counter arguments, you don't deserve a response?
You think you can't cut'n paste from denier blogs for hours a day and I'm obliged to spend time debunking every lame argument?
Remember when I refuted all the claims here that Antarctica ice was not increasing? Remember when I listed all the botched predictions and science by the AGW scientists and was able to back it up? Remember when I refuted the claim that extreme weather is due to AGW? I don't remember you saying anything about all that. But it seems you have been reduced to posting about me when I post trivial nonscientific-related items or when I go to a site that is not on your approval list.

So how about telling me why the IPCC did not include a discussion of one of the most important topics being discussed about AGW, the pause. You would think the entity that claims that they are the most up to date scientific body on the science of AGW would have included that bit of information.

Still waiting for you to post the 2nd paragraph of the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Holocene_Te...

Here, I'll do it first then you, then we can compare:

Because of the limitations of data sampling, each curve in the main plot was smoothed (see methods below) and consequently, this figure can not resolve temperature fluctuations faster than approximately 300 years. Further, while 2004 appears warmer than any other time in the long-term average, and hence might be a sign of global warming, it should also be noted that the 2004 measurement is from a single year (actually the fourth highest on record, see Image:Short Instrumental Temperature Record.png for comparison). It is impossible to know whether similarly large short-term temperature fluctuations may have occurred at other times, but are unresolved by the available resolution. The next 150 years will determine whether the long-term average centered on the present appears anomalous with respect to this plot.
kristy

Oviedo, FL

#38746 Sep 2, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
AGW scientists claim that the sun has had little impact on the climate over the past few decades.
Based on a huge number of scientific studies that show the sun has little impact on the climate over the past few decades.
http://skepticalscience.com/solar-activity-su...
I asked this same question to Fun Facts. I suggest you go back and read the posts posted by Fun Facts and open the links Fun Facts provided explaining what the AGW scientists don't understand about the sun and where they are wrong. But I doubt you even open the links and read them, as you don't even read the links you post.

But here is a prediction from 2009 from the AGW experts:

The sunspot cycle is about to come out of its depression, if a newly discovered mechanism for predicting solar cycles — a migrating jet stream deep inside the sun — proves accurate. And that will add a small amount of warming in the next few years, which were already predicted to be record-setting by two recent studies. The current solar minimum has been so long and deep, it prompted some scientists to speculate that the sun might enter a long period with no sunspot activity at all, akin to the Maunder Minimum of the 17th century. This new result dispells those concerns. The sun’s internal magnetic dynamo is still operating, and the sunspot cycle is not “broken.”

The “coming decade”(2010 to 2020) is poised to be the warmest on record, globally.

The coming decade is poised to see faster temperature rise than any decade since the authors’ calculations began in 1960.

The fast warming would likely begin early in the next decade “” similar to the 2007 prediction by the Hadley Center in Science.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2009/06/18/2...
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#38747 Sep 2, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
The science of our Representatives....
Don't you mean the anti-science. If they think that getting elected is equivalent to a science degree, maybe they need a refresher course.
gcaveman1

Laurel, MS

#38748 Sep 2, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said.

They will post what is obviously a large, steaming, stinking, pile of shit and call it truth.

Then, we must describe how and why it is large, it is steaming, it is stinking, and it is a pile of shit, in order to counter their lie that it is truth.

Then that is ignored and another and different, large, steaming, stinking, pile of shit is posted as truth.

One prays for their constipation.
Josiah Hulm

Crownsville, MD

#38749 Sep 2, 2013
never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/ly7zs9k

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#38753 Sep 2, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said.
They will post what is obviously a large, steaming, stinking, pile of shit and call it truth.
Then, we must describe how and why it is large, it is steaming, it is stinking, and it is a pile of shit, in order to counter their lie that it is truth.
Then that is ignored and another and different, large, steaming, stinking, pile of shit is posted as truth.
One prays for their constipation.
Don't hold your breath. They drink a bottle of magnesia for beakfast. Else we could say they were full of it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#38756 Sep 2, 2013
For the first time in 11 years September has arrived without a hurricane. Only the sixth time since 1960.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#38757 Sep 2, 2013
flack wrote:
For the first time in 11 years September has arrived without a hurricane. Only the sixth time since 1960.
Hello denier stuck on hurricanes... Read what was also written by R. campbell:

Arctic response to global warming is already very strong, very rapid, and of major global significance. It poses an immediate and troubling danger to global climate that will likely have severe consequences both for the biosphere and the human economy. Accordingly, sustained monitoring, focused research and sound risk analysis are crucial for the predictions of future impact. Arctic hydrates have long been identified as a likely source of strong positive feedback.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,156,092
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min JOEL 71,262
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 50 min Pearl Jam 307,099
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 54 min TRD 68,912
Advocating For A Glastonbury Poet Laureate Fri i want that jon 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
Praying That Perez Vigil Was A Bad Dream (Mar '09) Dec 22 John J Thomas 48
Newington Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web