Time to face shoot-out's hard truths

May 4, 2012 Full story: SeacoastOnline 8

As a community, we cannot be afraid of the truth when investigating the tragic shooting of police officers in Greenland on April 12.

Full Story
Ariane Train

Portland, ME

#1 May 4, 2012
While I appreciate that an independent team has been assigned to investigate what happened that night - I am tired of hearing about their only being "one victim". Brittany Tibbetts was also an innocent victim that night - the last I knew in our country - people are innocent until proven guilty - but Brittany will never get a chance to defend herself - will she? She and Cullen were no longer dating at the time of the shooting (she was worried about his state of mind and for his safety). She did not have to die that night, she was not like Cullen and had nothing to do with the dealth of Chief Maloney! I take offense to you referring to her as a "tortured sole" in your article above - you didn't know her... A little compassion for Brittany and her family would be much appreciated!!
Done

Belcamp, MD

#2 May 5, 2012
Ariane Train wrote:
While I appreciate that an independent team has been assigned to investigate what happened that night - I am tired of hearing about their only being "one victim". Brittany Tibbetts was also an innocent victim that night - the last I knew in our country - people are innocent until proven guilty - but Brittany will never get a chance to defend herself - will she? She and Cullen were no longer dating at the time of the shooting (she was worried about his state of mind and for his safety). She did not have to die that night, she was not like Cullen and had nothing to do with the dealth of Chief Maloney! I take offense to you referring to her as a "tortured sole" in your article above - you didn't know her... A little compassion for Brittany and her family would be much appreciated!!
agreed! I went to empire with Brittany many years ago, she was a kind and decent person!
morningdawn

Exeter, NH

#3 May 5, 2012
You people do realize the "no knock" warrant included her name also? She was being investigated right along with Mutrie for drug dealing. Also, it has been released that she had 14,000 dollars in cash on her body. This was discovered by the medical examiner a couple days ago.
While I feel for her for being murdered, she was far from an angel as some want to portray her. Keep in mind that this all could been avoided if we as a society and a country would realize that prohibition ( the war on drugs) is a lost war we cannot and will not be able to win.
drugs

Exeter, NH

#4 May 7, 2012
I say just legalize. We're not going to "win" the war on drugs, which is just a war on people.
morningdawn

Exeter, NH

#5 May 8, 2012
drugs wrote:
I say just legalize. We're not going to "win" the war on drugs, which is just a war on people.
exactly. Billions of dollars are funneled into the coffers of the police for this so-called "war". No one has the right to tell anyone what they can and cannot put into their bodies. This includes drugs, alcohol, nicotine, jewelry, ink (think tattoos), and many other things. If we keep moving in the direction we are heading towards, the book "1984" will become a reality.
Janel Johnson

Franklin, NC

#6 May 13, 2012
So I am looking to move here. I am aghast that the police were so ill-prepared. Loss of any life is a tragedy and we all suffer.

I will await the findings of the investigation. Hopefully there is an unbiased and independent inquiry.

My only interaction with law enforcement in the state has been with Newmarket. The police officer could not have been more helpful.
cops

Exeter, NH

#7 May 21, 2012
frequent flyer

Rochester, NH

#8 Jun 16, 2012
morningdawn wrote:
<quoted text>exactly. Billions of dollars are funneled into the coffers of the police for this so-called "war". No one has the right to tell anyone what they can and cannot put into their bodies. This includes drugs, alcohol, nicotine, jewelry, ink (think tattoos), and many other things. If we keep moving in the direction we are heading towards, the book "1984" will become a reality.
shut up dawn, lol, setiously

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfields Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 more Irishmen charged in IRA home bugged by MI5 Dec 23 James 9
Woman Sues Over Having To Buy 2 Plane Seats (Feb '06) Dec 20 Angry White Unite... 312
Alphonse Dixon (Aug '09) Dec 17 GarysCandyland 3
Behind the stroke - Please help! Dec 6 JFLMG 1
SGould a houseguest make or strip the bed on th... Nov '14 ed in Florida 1
What are they building at Rt 108 @ 85? Aug '14 jake 2
Driver stops to help ducklings, gets $100 ticket Jul '14 TALLYHO 8541 5

Newfields News Video

Newfields Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Newfields People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Newfields News, Events & Info